Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Retro » Best Selling Christmas Toys of the 70s...

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,842
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,850)
Welcome to our newest member, HVEKU

Old 07-22-2011, 01:22 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,724 Times in 3,787 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
lol

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

Old 07-22-2011, 07:11 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,816 Times in 3,858 Posts
George Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the Wisemen
I got mostly socks and underwear during the 70's... disaffected teenage years...
Old 07-22-2011, 07:34 AM
Christmas Altair
Last Achievements

Thanked 50,407 Times in 8,245 Posts
HomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I loved the vintage Holly Hobbie rag dolls. My daughters had them too, so cute!
Old 07-22-2011, 08:46 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,641 Times in 584 Posts
whitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnog
I was the nerd who asked for a world globe for Christmas. My mother still rags on me for that...

I didn't have any of these cool toys you listed. DH did have Star Wars stuff. He now hates that he sold it all in a yard sale when he was a kid to have spending money!
The Following User Says Thank You to whitney37354 For This Useful Post:
rodmonster (08-05-2011)
Old 08-04-2011, 10:02 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

RavenHardt is a good elfRavenHardt is a good elfRavenHardt is a good elfRavenHardt is a good elfRavenHardt is a good elfRavenHardt is a good elf
I loved my chrissy and velvet dolls with the growing hair

Posted from my BlackBerry
rodmonster (08-05-2011)
Old 08-31-2011, 08:43 PM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Thanked 74,697 Times in 14,905 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Anyone ever see or even had this toy?

Milky the Marvelous Milking Cow
Old 09-25-2011, 09:59 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

Lynn68 has shown a merry dispositionLynn68 has shown a merry disposition
In the '70s, I had Lite Brite, The Sunshine Family and their treehouse (they were smaller than average barbie like dolls that came with mom, dad, baby and a treehouse), I had Ballerina Barbie, The Six Million Dollar Man soll, a Cher doll with hair down to the backs of her knees, Spiro graph, Scooby Doo Mystery Machine, Road runner, Bugs bunny and Coyote stuffed animals with posable limbs which stood nearly as tall as I was, Raggedy Ann & Andy, Miss Beasley doll from the tv show Family Affair, a Holly Hobby stuffed doll, a slinky, and an anatomically correct baby Joey doll from the tv show All in the Family. Joey was Gloria's and meathead's son in the later years. I also had a lot of the popular "Golden" books. Wow, I can't believe I can remember that far back!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Lynn68 For This Useful Post:
rodmonster (09-26-2011)
Old 09-26-2011, 01:53 AM
Christmas Altair

Last Achievements

Thanked 20,036 Times in 2,880 Posts
shellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Mistletoe

i cant remember any of then toys in the house from santa or anyone else for that matter

over ther we had

prams. barbie and sindy dolls.tiny tears doll,

horney train sets..the six million dollar man(i had to get him one christmas)
lego sets and board ganes. snakes and ladders,snap,old maid

The Following User Says Thank You to shellie12 For This Useful Post:
rodmonster (09-26-2011)
Old 10-02-2011, 09:34 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

Classic Christmas is a good elfClassic Christmas is a good elfClassic Christmas is a good elfClassic Christmas is a good elfClassic Christmas is a good elfClassic Christmas is a good elf
Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
Anyone ever see or even had this toy?

Milky the Marvelous Milking Cow
Sure did. Probably explains why I have anxiety attacks once in a while
The Following User Says Thank You to Classic Christmas For This Useful Post:
xmas365 (10-02-2011)
Old 10-02-2011, 07:30 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

swmrsc has shown a merry disposition
I remember and played with only a small handful of these, as I was only allowed very few things.
Mastermind, Magna Doodle, Slime, Raw Power (My Cousins had this) and Legos.
Most I never personally had.
The School where I went to, (Conservative Church School), had most of these.