Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » How do you countdown to Christmas?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,078
Threads: 53,832
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, JoseChung
View Poll Results: When do you countdown for Christmas?
I start counting down on December 26th each year. 45 60.81%
I start counting down in the summer. 17 22.97%
After Labor Day my countdown gets serious. 9 12.16%
I don't countdown until my December advent calendar tells me to. 3 4.05%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-10-2011, 04:22 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,010 Times in 360 Posts
Yuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elf
I mark the calendar in 10 day increments( 90, 80, 70, etc.) to November 1 (start playing Christmas music all the time), Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, & Christmas Day in August.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:31 PM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,021 Times in 174 Posts
Anne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elf
I really start countdown on my birthday in August, but I get more serious about it on Labor Day--but every holiday in the fall is a signpost on the way!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anne_Langston For This Useful Post:
Meceka (08-12-2011), Seawaters (08-17-2011), thumbie123 (08-10-2011)
Old 08-10-2011, 09:40 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener
Last Achievements

thumbie123 is a new face around here!
Presentblue Not Till Summer

I don't find myself "counting down" until my first Christmas catalog come in mid August. Now that doesn't mean that I don't listen to Christmas music or watch Christmas movies all year. Recently in a heat wave I cooled down with Its a Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th St and Christmas Vacation. On my Roku, I listen to Christmas music constantly. Merry Christmas!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thumbie123 For This Useful Post:
Meceka (08-12-2011), Seawaters (08-17-2011)
Old 08-11-2011, 12:54 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,177 Times in 418 Posts
DoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
As soon as Christmas is nearing an end I am back on the forums saying how wonderful it was and cant wait till next year, then I head to bed wake up and say now theres 365 more days to go. Plus I have an App on my phone that keeps my countdown going.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:32 AM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,069 Times in 277 Posts
Laney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I enjoy Christmas all year and in the summer I really start thinking about it, but it isn't until September when I really start getting serious about counting down. Just something about the fall weather and all the fun activities just starts preparing my heart for the holidays!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laney For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2011, 10:24 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,239 Times in 494 Posts
GingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I also start with the advent calendar of chocolates on Dec1.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:17 PM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,817 Times in 1,099 Posts
MsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the tree
My Grandma always buys each of my kids a advent chocolate calendar but I also have a little snowman countdown and I try to start at 99 days

Old 08-12-2011, 10:19 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

almcg has shown a merry dispositionalmcg has shown a merry dispositionalmcg has shown a merry dispositionalmcg has shown a merry disposition
I also get my little Snowman out at the 99 days to go mark! So not long now really
The Following User Says Thank You to almcg For This Useful Post:
Seawaters (08-17-2011)
Old 08-12-2011, 11:43 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,239 Times in 494 Posts
GingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I don't buy an advent calendar exactly...I got a cloth one a bunch of years ago that has little pockets where I put the types of chocolates that I like (and also ones my boyfriend likes) so we can countdown with the good stuff!

Of course then we don't get to open the little windows but it's still fun.

I've always wanted one of those large advent calendars like in the movie Christmas Vacation. It's so neat!
Seawaters (08-17-2011)
Old 08-14-2011, 09:18 AM
Christmasologist

Last Achievements

Storeytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
This countdown will be hard to understand for someone who doesn't go through the scorching Texas summers. This is why mine starts in the Summer.

Here's how it goes - - We'll be cruising along with nothing much to remind me about Christmas except my Christmas music radio stations and playlists. The heat deprives all brain cells and senses of anything but survive-the-heat-mode.

About July, ESPN Classic starts showing college football games from the previous year. - - - This gets me in the mood for this year's college football season - - - College football reminds me that in a month or so, that first cool breeze is going to blow in that we haven't felt since the previous year. - - - That gets my mind wrapped around that anxious feeling you have when you know Christmas is coming. - - - Then, around Halloween the Christmas feeling kicks in full gear.

Another seasonal countdown clock I use is Walmart. We live in a very small town and Walmart is the main shopping facility. About August, I start watching the fabric department for the annual Fall colors in fabrics, flowers, candles, etc. When I see those I know it won't be long.
Seawaters (08-17-2011), xmas365 (08-14-2011)