Halloween Spooks hover here! Presented by Real Halloween.com, our own site of all things Halloween, this merry section of the forum is dedicated to talking about our ideas, plans, thoughts and observations of a great day of Fall that just happens to lead right into the Christmas season.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My Top Ten list would not be complete without:
All in the Family - Christmas at the Bunkers
Andy Griffith Christmas episode
Dick Van Dyke Christmas episode
Mary Tyler Moore 1st Christmas episode...
Remember when Black Friday was on Friday?
Imagine what will happen if the stores are allowed to stay open all night Christmas Eve until lunch time on Christmas Day! This year, more than 50,000 restaurants, bars, convenience stores and...
My Dog Sam
Dear Abby, I too was picked on when I was a child and I too turned to our dog Queenie. She always gave me love and she always listened. Bless you.
Sorry If Im taking over the Halloween forum with too many recipes.. but I thought others might want to try them
1/2 pound thick-cut bacon, diced
2 cups chopped onion
2 teaspoons curry powder, preferably Madras
2 tablespoons flour
1 pound pumpkin (eating or sugar type) peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch chunks
2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
4 cups chicken stock/broth
1 cup half and half cream
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Garnish: toasted pumpkin seeds
Garnish: chopped green onion
1. Put the bacon in a large soup pot over low heat and cook gently until it releases its fat, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
3. Stir in curry powder and flour and cook, stirring for 5 minutes.
4. Add the pumpkin, potatoes, and stock. Increase the heat to medium-low and cook until the pumpkin and potatoes are tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Add the half-and-half and season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 5 minutes, or until heated through. Do not allow to boil. Serve the soup in warm bowls, garnished with pumpkin seeds and a sprinkle of green onions. Serves about 6.