Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Food » Appetizers - Pesto Spread

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Food From eggnog to candy canes to ginger bread and beyond the flavors and treats of Christmas are a delight. Here we engage in all things connected to Christmas foods -- from recipes to how-to's. This section of the Merry Forums is presented by Merry Christmas Recipes, our own database of Christmas recipes, many of which get submitted by our users from around the world.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,078
Threads: 53,833
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, JoseChung

Old 09-01-2011, 12:51 PM
Christmas Deity

Thanked 8,590 Times in 1,468 Posts
lauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the tree
light Appetizers - Pesto Spread

Parsley-nut Pesto
Ingredients
  • 2 cups flat leaf parsley leaves (must be fresh)
  • 3/4 cup toasted chopped walnuts
  • 1/2 cup grated Provolone or Asiago cheese
  • 2 clove garlic, crushed
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
  • 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
  • 2 teaspoon lemon zest
Directions
Place parsley, walnuts, cheese, garlic, and salt in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until well combined. Combine oil, lemon juice, and zest in a small bowl. Add the oil mixture to parsley mixture in a slow stream, pulsing to combine. It is ready to serve with crackers, bread, or both.

This is so simple and yet looks elegant and you can make it in advance.