Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2011

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,976
Threads: 53,448
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,132)
Welcome to our newest member, Johnmak
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The True Story of Silent...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:58 PM
54,942 Views  0 Posts
Dear Santa: Say a Prayer
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:37 PM
Last post by Christmasstar
07-11-2011 05:27 PM
1 Posts
Santa Speaks 2005
By MMC Editor
06-11-2005 11:02 PM
39,290 Views  0 Posts
The Tradition of...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 05:47 PM
62,630 Views  0 Posts
The Legend of Baboushka
By MMC Editor
06-03-2002 01:56 PM
58,077 Views  0 Posts

Old 10-04-2011, 07:27 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,494 Times in 9,045 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post

I had an uneventful evening yesterday. Nancy and I put up some fall decorations, then I went to my council meeting. It was uneventful, too, but one of my fellow councilmen enjoys hearing himself talk. We were there for 2 hours last night, and we only had 30 minutes worth of real business to attend to! Grrrr. Cold pizza at 9:30 pm is not my idea of supper.

And I missed the new show I've been watching, Terra Nova. Grrrr.
That was what I was worried about at the PTA meeting last week when my grandson got his award. I wanted to see him get his award but I didn't know how much talking was going to go on afterward. I told my mom, "I got to get home in time for the X-Factor"! Ha ha! It actually didn't drag on too long and I got home way before it came on.
Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post

I heard a couple snuck into the White house for a party once, why don't you try to sneak into this event and see what happens.

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-04-2011), caninemom3 (10-04-2011), Christmasstar (10-04-2011), drexelius (10-04-2011), lauriebear (10-04-2011), made582 (10-04-2011), Meceka (10-04-2011), Seawaters (10-04-2011), sugar142286 (10-04-2011), xmas365 (10-04-2011)
Old 10-04-2011, 07:30 AM
Official button pusher!

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,910 Times in 1,066 Posts
Undrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the tree
Good Tuesday morning, my Christmas friends!

I had an uneventful evening yesterday. Nancy and I put up some fall decorations, then I went to my council meeting. It was uneventful, too, but one of my fellow councilmen enjoys hearing himself talk. We were there for 2 hours last night, and we only had 30 minutes worth of real business to attend to! Grrrr. Cold pizza at 9:30 pm is not my idea of supper.

Oh, well. I hope y'all have a great day!
Do like I do. We don't have cable, too expensive. I download all my shows.
Thank you, Louann. We will never forget you!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Undrtakr For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-04-2011), caninemom3 (10-04-2011), Christmasstar (10-04-2011), lauriebear (10-04-2011), Meceka (10-04-2011), Seawaters (10-04-2011), xmas365 (10-04-2011)
Old 10-04-2011, 07:36 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 36,351 Times in 5,604 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I'm so drowsy and slow today. I'm in one of those modes where I have various projects going on at home, so going to work takes time and energy away from getting them done! So I was plugging along on an audio project last night before getting a late dinner and hitting the sack. More tonight after work, plus some paperwork to fill out and sign.

Crown: Have a great trip, and I hope you get there this week!

Originally Posted by brent View Post
I don't like Egg Nog either. I try it every year and I never grow to like it. But, it's great to hear/see that the stores are already stocked!
Try the vanilla flavor---tastes like vanilla ice cream. Sugar-cookie flavor is good, too. I've never tried the plain stuff.

Originally Posted by caninemom3 View Post
I had to share this....!!! I am sure you all have seen this.....this polar bear and a few of her companions came upon these Huskies and DID NOT HURT THEM......they cuddled them and played.......I just thought it was cute......xo

"... I have a little friend and I will call him Teddy and love him and hug him ..." (Thank you, Warner Bros.)

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-04-2011), caninemom3 (10-04-2011), Christmasstar (10-04-2011), lauriebear (10-04-2011), Meceka (10-04-2011), Seawaters (10-04-2011), xmas365 (10-04-2011)
Old 10-04-2011, 07:52 AM
Christmas Deity

Thanked 8,568 Times in 1,458 Posts
lauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by judesmama View Post
Good morning pals! I think Jude and I are going to bake a pumpkin pie today! I think he's the only 3 year old who LOVES Martha Stewart (he loves to cook!) and we watched an old episode about pie the other day.. he has asked me the past few days if we could bake a pie so we will today! It's so nice and cool today... highs in the 50s. Perfect fall weather - chili for dinner! Mmmm.
ohhh Chili, YUM!!!! That is so cool that he already likes cooking/baking!!! Hope it came out taste!!!

Originally Posted by gabulldawg View Post
I went back and re read my journal from last year,and this is why I am so glad I document stuff like this... last year was an excellent Autumn. Our leaves began changing around the 20th of october,and they were peaking the 2nd week in November. Some late changing trees like my bradford pears where changing the first week of december...I wonder how this year will shape up,I have lost a few trees from the drought I just hope its not for good. But I am having fun looking back over last years goings on. I need to get busy and start decorating...I have a neighbour who is very religous and will think it is the worst thing I am skipping church to decorate the yard for halloween!!! have a great day all!
If they are very religous, then they should be thanking you tee hee you are warding off the evil spirts - tee hee

Originally Posted by sugar142286 View Post
Hi everyone! So I am finally caught up! I go back to work tonight...after really only 1 1/2 days off - I dislike weekends like that. Anyway, I am about to get Minestrone soup going for dinner and I want to also bake some type of Apple cake for dessert and to also take for work tonight. I going to take a pizza dip for work tonight too - I feeling generous! I hope everyone is having a great day. I'm watching the Steelers game right now and they're not looking so hot. Have a great day everyone!
Yummy soup, sometime I read these posts and even if I have just finished eating I am hungry all over again!!! HA, HA, HA!!! It was good to hear from you

Originally Posted by Undrtakr View Post
Afternoon all on this (well..here) cloudy cool afternoon. Its in the 40's and I swear I saw a snowflake! The inlaws are coming over for dinner as well as my sister in law. That should be fun. We have a ham cooking! I went to the dollar store today. Every halloween I decorate my desk at work. People are waiting to see what it will look like this year. Hopefully this week I know if I have the job. Well off I go! They should be here soon! Have a great rest of the weekend everyone!
That sounds so cute, I put up some pumpkins but that's about it, maybe I can "steal" you idea?!?!?!

Originally Posted by trackrebel View Post
hey everyone. back from the excursion....It was a beautiful day. At this place we seen all different type of professions....how they used to be done back in the day....without all those mashines and electricity.....for example they showed how a blacksmith used to work, carpenters, taylors and on and on.....it was very interessting and impressing to us grown-ups......and for kandice it must have been out-of-this-worldish . then we went up to an old ruined castle and checked out the view from the tower of it....later on we went to have some nice dinner.......tasted yummy and the prize was good to for the amount of food that was on the plate.

I will put up some pictures tomorrow
It sounds like you had such a nice time, how cool you went into an old castle tower!!!

We always have one service in the fall that we call "Homecoming", and everyone makes extra effort to be there, especially those who have moved away, or married and attending another church. It's always a big event with a preacher from years ago, and a big meal afterwards.
Sounds like what my Pastor sets up at the end of Oct, it is called Shepherds Day.

Originally Posted by RadioJonD View Post
A Methodist thing for sure!

Tee Hee - maybe

Originally Posted by HollyJells View Post
PSSSST Wal-Mart here has already put out their eggnog AND holiday coffee creamers. I am sitting here right now having a cuppa with Peppermint Mocha in it. I also saw a local bakery shop selling their snowman eggnog cookies too. Those are yummy but until they get then in gluten and sugarfree I have to be content with walking in and smelling them.
Ohhh yummy... I just SO love this time of year such a great time the start of all the goodness yet to come!!!!
Old 10-04-2011, 08:04 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 8,796 Times in 1,317 Posts
Solice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the Wisemen
I am home from USA, back in Norway - with Jetlag.
We had a great time! But times travel fast!!
Good to see the kids again though -)

It was so MUCH Halloween stuff in Chicago. Wow.
Im impressed guys. You are so lucky.
And I bought a lot Halloween stuff and lots of candy.
Hope the kids get surprised the 31th...
Because I have stasched it away...
Bradmac (10-04-2011), caninemom3 (10-04-2011), Christmas-A-Holic (10-04-2011), Christmasstar (10-04-2011), drexelius (10-04-2011), happyelf (10-05-2011), lauriebear (10-04-2011), made582 (10-04-2011), Meceka (10-04-2011), Seawaters (10-04-2011), sugar142286 (10-04-2011), xmas365 (10-04-2011)
Old 10-04-2011, 08:05 AM
Christmas Deity

Thanked 8,568 Times in 1,458 Posts
lauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
Sorry. It's Free Will Baptist or plain Southern Baptist!!!
And Methodist a thing too

[QUOTE=shellie12;381519]GOOD MORNING EVERYONE
Hope your all well and ready to start another week
Just think today 12 weeks christmas day will be over . to sad to think about !!!!!!!

I have to find egg nog this year and try it

No way you never tried Egg nog yet???? I refuse to think about your 1st comment - tee hee!!!!

[QUOTE=HollyJells;381449]Hi all!!! Sorry been MIA for a few days but have been busy busy busy.

/QUOTE]

You are in my thoughts.

Originally Posted by Meceka View Post
Good morning, Christmas family!

I am working today, but I plan on checking out the new MCR!!!!!!!!!!

Have a MERRY Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!

You too meceka enjoy!!!!
Old 10-04-2011, 08:32 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,342 Times in 12,630 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Love this!!

Originally Posted by caninemom3 View Post
I had to share this....!!! I am sure you all have seen this.....this polar bear and a few of her companions came upon these Huskies and DID NOT HURT THEM......they cuddled them and played.......I just thought it was cute......xo

Old 10-04-2011, 08:36 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,342 Times in 12,630 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
And with this post, Christmasstar is poster #21,000. Can you belieeeeeve it? For her efforts, she wins a grocery list pad to write up her Thanksgiving shopping list! It has fall-y things on it!!!

[QUOTE=Christmasstar;381896]
Originally Posted by shellie12 View Post
was only on once yesterday as i had 2 pallets of toys and nursury
And all the toys had to be checked and the doll prams and bikes built
[QUOTE/]
do you work for Santa?
Old 10-04-2011, 08:40 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,221 Times in 486 Posts
GingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Uuuugh. Car trouble AGAIN. This weekend I went camping and near the exit someone was blocking the road, loading a trailer. I thought "well, I'll be nice and go around in the grass/leaves so they don't have to move." BAD IDEA. I hit something and now my VW has a piece of metal almost dragging the ground. Apparently something with the suspension came loose. It's not crucial, obviously since I drove it from Chattanooga to Knoxville like this, but every time I hit a bump this piece of metal drags a little. I'm taking it to the shop today or tomorrow so it's not a huge deal but it's just more of a hassle. I just got the car back a month ago after having to have the transmission replaced. Booooooo.

How is that show? I can't believe I missed it so far.
Bradmac (10-04-2011), caninemom3 (10-04-2011), Christmasstar (10-04-2011), drexelius (10-04-2011), lauriebear (10-04-2011), made582 (10-04-2011), Meceka (10-04-2011), Seawaters (10-04-2011), shellie12 (10-04-2011), sugar142286 (10-04-2011), Undrtakr (10-04-2011), xmas365 (10-04-2011)
Old 10-04-2011, 08:41 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,879 Times in 492 Posts
mgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happy
I was finally able to get a couple of pictures to upload so if you wish to see a picture of the bear cub we saw at our house, you can look see it on my profile in the photo album.

Have a great everyone.
Luke 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. <><
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to mgramsey For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-04-2011), caninemom3 (10-04-2011), Christmas-A-Holic (10-04-2011), Christmasstar (10-04-2011), drexelius (10-04-2011), lauriebear (10-04-2011), made582 (10-04-2011), Meceka (10-04-2011), Seawaters (10-04-2011), sugar142286 (10-04-2011), xmas365 (10-04-2011)