Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2011

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,976
Threads: 53,451
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,178)
Welcome to our newest member, Johnmak
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Nothing
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:18 PM
52,143 Views  0 Posts
How to Get Your Teen in...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:28 PM
42,371 Views  0 Posts
“The Great Adventure of...
By MerryCarey
05-17-2012 11:16 AM
31,004 Views  0 Posts
santahat Santa Speaks 2012
By MMC Editor
10-09-2012 10:26 AM
Last post by lanoraloveselfs
11-26-2012 02:54 PM
93,262 Views  1 Posts
Grandpa Got Run Over By...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:22 PM
63,849 Views  0 Posts

Old 10-04-2011, 09:42 AM
Official button pusher!

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,910 Times in 1,066 Posts
Undrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
And with this post, Undrtakr is poster #20,600. For his efforts, he wins a floor plan so he can decide how to put Christmas and Halloween decorations together tastefully!! If that doesn't work, then he wins one free phone call to Martha Stewart for her decorating advice so William can have it all!!!
Nice! The floor plan works just fine! It was an extender to make my living room bigger hehe
Thank you, Louann. We will never forget you!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Undrtakr For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (10-04-2011), happyelf (10-05-2011), lauriebear (10-04-2011), made582 (10-04-2011), Meceka (10-04-2011), Seawaters (10-04-2011), sugar142286 (10-04-2011), xmas365 (10-04-2011)
Old 10-04-2011, 09:54 AM
Christmas Deity

Thanked 8,568 Times in 1,458 Posts
lauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by Solice View Post
I am home from USA, back in Norway - with Jetlag.
We had a great time! But times travel fast!!
Good to see the kids again though -)

It was so MUCH Halloween stuff in Chicago. Wow.
Im impressed guys. You are so lucky.
And I bought a lot Halloween stuff and lots of candy.
Hope the kids get surprised the 31th...
Because I have stasched it away...
Sounds like you had a GREAT time - good for you!!! I hope they are too!

Love this!!
Right... I love the saying too...

Originally Posted by GingerMel View Post
Uuuugh. Car trouble AGAIN. This weekend I went camping and near the exit someone was blocking the road, loading a trailer. I thought "well, I'll be nice and go around in the grass/leaves so they don't have to move." BAD IDEA. I hit something and now my VW has a piece of metal almost dragging the ground. Apparently something with the suspension came loose. It's not crucial, obviously since I drove it from Chattanooga to Knoxville like this, but every time I hit a bump this piece of metal drags a little. I'm taking it to the shop today or tomorrow so it's not a huge deal but it's just more of a hassle. I just got the car back a month ago after having to have the transmission replaced. Booooooo.

How is that show? I can't believe I missed it so far.
Ugh, sorry about that!

Originally Posted by mgramsey View Post
I was finally able to get a couple of pictures to upload so if you wish to see a picture of the bear cub we saw at our house, you can look see it on my profile in the photo album.

Have a great everyone.
Oh my, I love the pictures, how awesome.

Good morning, Christmas friends. I am ready to get dinner ready for the crockpot. It is beef barley soup again, but this time I am only using shank bones and meat and not beef stew. It will be SO RICH! I hope I am caught up on all the posting prizes. If not, let me know. I would not want anyone to miss these great prizes. Just ask any of the winners!!!
I cocked mine last night for tonight it was the chicken I have to post the pictures.

Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
Good Morning, everyone!
Hope you all are doing well!!
I need to catch up on here- between computer issues & having my sister here, it has been busy We have had a great time together.
Back to work today, though.
I saw so many neat Christmas decorations over the weekend at Marshalls, Ross, and Kohl's. 'Tis The Season!! So exciting! I bought a few things, but didn't go too crazy. It was difficult!
We finally have cooler temperatures! Highs in the low 70's today, and rain. Yay!
Well, just wanted to say hi. Hope you all have a fantastic day!!
Glad to hear you enjoyed the time with your sister, how is Harlowe?

Oh cool. I heard that the CGI dinosaurs weren't that great. I am not too much of a stickler about that kind of stuff though. I can't believe I missed it! I think I'm going to go find the past episodes on the intertubes and catch up.

Thanks for the info.
I was on the fence about that show, I think I will try it out. Thanks
Old 10-04-2011, 10:14 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,351 Times in 12,631 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
This made me laugh because my mind went back to the old days of INNER tubes!

Oh cool. I heard that the CGI dinosaurs weren't that great. I am not too much of a stickler about that kind of stuff though. I can't believe I missed it! I think I'm going to go find the past episodes on the intertubes and catch up.

Thanks for the info.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:59 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 82,758 Times in 13,950 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
candle

[QUOTE=lauriebear;381992]

Thanks, LB =)
She is doing ok. We had to take her into the vet on Saturday for her complete blood work, and the liver function test was moved up because of her symptom upset. Unfortunately, it was a timed test, and one of the technicians dropped the ball on the second part of it, so we have to take her back within 30 days to finish it. I was very annoyed to say the least. Anyways, we get the basic labs back sometime tomorrow. I'll let you guys know when I get the results. For her stomach problems, they put her on some probiotic capsules & paste. Hope they help & fast! Poor little thing. Thank you for thinking of her!

caninemom3 (10-04-2011), lauriebear (10-04-2011), made582 (10-04-2011), Meceka (10-04-2011), merrymistletoe (10-05-2011), Seawaters (10-04-2011), shellie12 (10-04-2011), sugar142286 (10-04-2011), vsuclaribnl (10-05-2011)
Old 10-04-2011, 11:09 AM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,448 Times in 9,243 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

Originally Posted by Meceka View Post
Good morning, Christmas family!

I should be staying at home today and working on organization and stock, but I have a monster of a headache again and so I am going to go to town and take a walk on the rail trail - the fresh air will do me good and I will get to some local color. Maybe the local thrift store will have put out some of the Christmas loot they have been teasing about for the past month. Love this time of year!

Have a MERRY day!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(((Meceka)))) hope your headache goes away !!! Hugs to you and your furkids esp. Palmer xo

[QUOTE=snowflake22;382006]
Originally Posted by lauriebear View Post

Thanks, LB =)
She is doing ok. We had to take her into the vet on Saturday for her complete blood work, and the liver function test was moved up because of her symptom upset. Unfortunately, it was a timed test, and one of the technicians dropped the ball on the second part of it, so we have to take her back within 30 days to finish it. I was very annoyed to say the least. Anyways, we get the basic labs back sometime tomorrow. I'll let you guys know when I get the results. For her stomach problems, they put her on some probiotic capsules & paste. Hope they help & fast! Poor little thing. Thank you for thinking of her!

Oh Snowflake !!! How annoying. Just what you needed. I hope they don't mess up again on you......Poor little sweet Harlowe....Keeping her and you guys in my heart and prayers xo

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
lauriebear (10-04-2011), Meceka (10-04-2011), Seawaters (10-04-2011), shellie12 (10-04-2011), snowflake22 (10-04-2011), sugar142286 (10-04-2011)
Old 10-04-2011, 11:34 AM
Christmas Deity

lauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the tree
[QUOTE=snowflake22;382006]
Originally Posted by lauriebear View Post

Thanks, LB =)

Oh I hope so too, well how annoying is that!!! I would have felt the same way. 30 days is a long time in between, but lets hope that these meds work and fast.

You are welcome and thank you for the update.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:40 AM
Christmas Deity

OK remember Xmas posted a FAB recipe for a chicken cooked in a crock pot. Well, I made it, posted my pictures in my albums (I tried to post in the recipe link, but I cannot figure out how to do it, ugh). I did add celery one stalk, and baby bella mushrooms (two large ones) and no water but if you look at the photos when it is done I think I have a few cups of broth that tonight I am going to use as a base for a spicy chicken stew (with the left over chicken too). I used a 3.98 lbs chicken and I cooked it on high for 4 hours. My crock pot is old about 10 years but it still get very hot.

THANK YOU XMAS FOR SHARING!!!
Old 10-04-2011, 11:49 AM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,448 Times in 9,243 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

Hi Christmas family !!

I forgot to tell you all that I added MORE animals to my nativity who will be visiting the Baby Jesus this year !!

I added a Raccoon and babies, a leopard, a turtle, and yes, even a frog. (Well, the way I see it, he made them too !!)

I know this is silly but it is my way to pay homage to both Jesus' birthday and all the animals of the world.......xoxo

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
brittd19 (10-05-2011), Christmas-A-Holic (10-04-2011), lauriebear (10-04-2011), made582 (10-04-2011), Meceka (10-04-2011), merrymistletoe (10-05-2011), Seawaters (10-04-2011), shellie12 (10-04-2011), snowflake22 (10-04-2011), sugar142286 (10-04-2011), Undrtakr (10-04-2011), xmas365 (10-04-2011)
Old 10-04-2011, 11:59 AM
Christmas Deity

Originally Posted by caninemom3 View Post
Hi Christmas family !!

I forgot to tell you all that I added MORE animals to my nativity who will be visiting the Baby Jesus this year !!

I added a Raccoon and babies, a leopard, a turtle, and yes, even a frog. (Well, the way I see it, he made them too !!)

I know this is silly but it is my way to pay homage to both Jesus' birthday and all the animals of the world.......xoxo

That is so cool I never thought of adding other animals!!!!
Old 10-04-2011, 12:38 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,498 Times in 9,046 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by mgramsey View Post
Thanks. Yes, that is our home. It is small but we enjoy it. It is nice to know if you hear a car, they are in your driveway.
I wouldn't mind living in a one room house if I could live some place like that!

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-04-2011), lauriebear (10-04-2011), made582 (10-04-2011), Meceka (10-04-2011), mgramsey (10-04-2011), shellie12 (10-04-2011), xmas365 (10-04-2011)