Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » 12 weeks today....

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,971
Threads: 53,428
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,327)
Welcome to our newest member, BelenikovaRord
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
How does Santa live for...
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:59 PM
51,687 Views  0 Posts
How does Santa get down...
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:56 PM
63,041 Views  0 Posts
“Christmas Afternoon” by...
By MerryCarey
05-14-2012 11:51 AM
38,801 Views  0 Posts
Does Santa ever get...
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:55 PM
51,945 Views  0 Posts
My 12 Days of Christmas
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 11:27 PM
54,178 Views  0 Posts

Old 10-02-2011, 05:57 AM
Christmas Altair

Last Achievements

Thanked 20,019 Times in 2,872 Posts
shellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by jayden28 View Post
This years flown by and its just under 8 weeks left untl christmas starts for me,once the house is decorated in the last week of november thats when the season officially kicks off for me,im one of these people who enjoys the build up more than the actual day itself.
Snap am the same love getting the decor up and love the run up as well

[QUOTE=kelly ann;381239]I don't know if there are any Australians on the forum, but I couldnt imagine a warm Christmas. I guess it's normal for them but not for us.
I just cant imagine a warm christmas. somehow i think christmas. snow. and cold go together some how
Old 10-03-2011, 11:48 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,202 Times in 480 Posts
GingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I really don't want to rush things. It's my favorite time of year and I want to savor every bit of it.
Lynn68 (10-05-2011)
Old 10-04-2011, 06:21 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

almcg has shown a merry dispositionalmcg has shown a merry dispositionalmcg has shown a merry dispositionalmcg has shown a merry disposition
I just love that fact that I can say "I'm putting my tree up next month" as I build my tree on the 30th November so I can decorate it on the 1st DecemberAnd all of my Advent Cals and trees are put out on the night of the 30th as well
The Following User Says Thank You to almcg For This Useful Post:
Lynn68 (10-05-2011)
Old 10-04-2011, 01:12 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,091 Times in 408 Posts
jayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by almcg View Post
I just love that fact that I can say "I'm putting my tree up next month" as I build my tree on the 30th November so I can decorate it on the 1st DecemberAnd all of my Advent Cals and trees are put out on the night of the 30th as well
I like that comment "im putting my tree up next month" it sounds so much better than 8 weeks which feels like its some way off yet.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:22 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 12,454 Times in 1,595 Posts
merrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemen
You guys are definitely gonna think I'm crazy as a loon; I put my tree up the 1st weekend in Nov. I've been doing that for several years now. With us working all the time I just want to be able to stretch it. Thanksgiving is a part of Christmas hear, in my family. The instant Thanksgiving is over, the major rush is on. I end up decorating for a week or more so if I did wait I'd be mere weeks from Christmas & that just won't do. I cherish each & everything I can the little time I have @ home & there's so much out there to see & do @ Christmas time. Wait am I trying to explain this to myself?"!%$#
anyhoo just saying....
Old 10-05-2011, 03:24 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,091 Times in 408 Posts
jayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I bet your not the only one who puts there tree up in the first week of november,if your happy doing it then good on you.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:38 PM
North Pole's RN

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,303 Times in 13,080 Posts
sugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint

YAHHH! We're getting sooo much closer!

The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.
- Burton Hillis
The Following User Says Thank You to sugar142286 For This Useful Post:
merrymistletoe (10-06-2011)
Old 10-05-2011, 03:44 PM
Radio Partner, The Christmas Station

Thanked 1,522 Times in 516 Posts
CJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I am so glad its getting that close to the holidays! This year has been a very long, hot (we had such a miserable warm summer) and exhausting year, looking forward to all the joy of the holiday season to recharge this year more than ever.

My favorite time is between Thanksgiving (Nov. 24th - New Years Day), the anticipation leading up to Christmas day the month before is such a joyous time! I usually put my tree up around Thanksgiving day.

http://www.live365.com/stations/tscradiotwo
The Following User Says Thank You to CJ498 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2011, 06:16 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

Lynn68 has shown a merry dispositionLynn68 has shown a merry disposition
santahat

I'm very excited that the first week of October is almost over. It seems like the month is going to go by quickly, which means I'll be putting up my tree soon after! I just love this time of year!!
Old 10-05-2011, 08:11 PM
Merry Forums Twinkle Light Checker

XmasRoxMySox2010 has shown a merry dispositionXmasRoxMySox2010 has shown a merry dispositionXmasRoxMySox2010 has shown a merry dispositionXmasRoxMySox2010 has shown a merry dispositionXmasRoxMySox2010 has shown a merry disposition
Soccer and rugby league season is over for me. So, i am looking forward to the holiday season. I am already on holidays for school, but i will be missing out on a fair amount of school next term, because i will be travelling to different places for family reasons. I just know that next term will fly by, since i have exams and they go by so fast, because they take up the entire week. It's going to good.
The Following User Says Thank You to XmasRoxMySox2010 For This Useful Post: