Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Controversy & Opinion » How long do you leave your decorations up!

Christmas Controversy & Opinion Visit Defend Christmas.com Presented by Defend Christmas, this forum covers the difficult topics of the season -- from the famed and fabled War on Christmas to church and state debates to using the star or the angel on the Christmas tree. Modern Christmas celebration has it's complications -- schools are divided, some Christmas light displays are too much, some even argue that it is better to call it a "holiday" tree. Some merchants won't even say "Merry Christmas"! Where there is controversy, there is insanity. Even in Christmas.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,432
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,750)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Christmas Tree Safety
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 08:51 PM
45,240 Views  0 Posts
Year Round Christmas...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 08:42 PM
Last post by Stnicholas01
07-18-2013 01:47 PM
47,776 Views  3 Posts
Feast of Fools
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:33 PM
54,008 Views  0 Posts
Time-Saving Thanksgiving...
By MMC Editor
11-20-2011 01:57 PM
74,312 Views  0 Posts
There's Something About...
By MMC Editor
06-22-2010 10:42 PM
49,706 Views  0 Posts

Old 08-21-2007, 03:57 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Chillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elf
holly How long do you leave your decorations up!

How Long do you leave your Decorations up! Do you take them down right after Christmas or in January or after?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chillywilly For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (12-29-2013), snowflake22 (03-05-2014), sugar142286 (12-30-2013), Todd (12-02-2008)
Old 08-21-2007, 04:04 PM
*The Christmas Queen* -- Hostess, Real Halloween.com

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,111 Times in 545 Posts
JanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the tree
1-2 days after Christmas mine come down. But I put mine up a lot earlier then most.... Nov 1st or the first weekend in Nov....

©♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JanaBanana For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (12-29-2013), mike24forever (01-27-2014), snowflake22 (03-05-2014)
Old 08-21-2007, 05:44 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Head Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happy
The inside decorations come down after January 6. The outside I take down at the end of January.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Head Elf For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (12-29-2013), snowflake22 (03-05-2014)
Old 08-21-2007, 07:13 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

LittleMissLaura has shown a merry dispositionLittleMissLaura has shown a merry disposition
after new years
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LittleMissLaura For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2007, 07:14 PM
Invalid Email

pattyjo has shown a merry disposition
tree

I take mine down the first week of January, with great sadness...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pattyjo For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2007, 09:09 AM
Jack Frost

Ours are up until the Feast of the Epiphany, the recognized end of the Christmas season of the Catholic Church. Although because of an impending move we took ours down just a day after Christmas one year, that was a wierd feeling.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:08 AM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Billy Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Whenever I get around to it
Old 08-22-2007, 10:45 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

MarthaK has shown a merry dispositionMarthaK has shown a merry disposition
Outdoor decorations come down the first weekend in January that doesn't have rain or snow.
The indoor decorations come down the same time, only weather isn't an issue there. However, every year there is something I forgot to put away that is decorating the inside of my china cabinet or some other forgotten corner.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:04 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class

Merry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
santahat

Our decorations go up once Advent arrives and come down New Year's Day or the day after.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:36 AM
Mistress of Home & Decor

Last Achievements

MrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the tree
It depends on what is going on socially for us. If we don't have anyone coming over for Christmas festivities after Christmas is over, we will take them down right after Christmas. If, due to schedule conflicts, we have some ongoing Christmas festivities...then they well stay up longer. Also...if we're feeling especially sad that Christmas is over...we might leave them up longer...or intentionally leave one or two things displayed all year. (Currently we have three Christmas plates displayed)