Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Retro » Favorite Decorations from Childhood

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,845
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2011, 07:12 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

Jangle has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
I was a kid in the late 60's - early 70's. My favorite memory of a decoration was a cardboard fireplace. Dad was in the army, and few base houses had fireplaces. I was concerned that Santa couldn't get in the house without a fireplace. Mom & dad found a cardboard fireplace that had a colorwheel behind the painted flames.

They assured me that Santa could use it, even though there was no chimney...and it always worked!

I just found a video of THE SAME FIREPLACE!!!

Oh, my. This takes me back.
I want one!!

I love the retro stuff. If there's anything that takes me back, it's that. Alot of our ornaments when I was a kid were hand-me-downs from my Nana and Papa, so very, very retro.

The ones I loved the most as a kid were the ones I wasn't allowed to touch - mom's favourites, lol. She had some ukranian style painted papier mache eggs and a bell, and some little ceramic bells that were shaped like elfs and Mrs. Claus, etc. If I ever had the chance, I would get a set of those bells for my own tree.