Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Home & Family » We Went to Santa Claus, Indiana! (Pictures Included)

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,978
Threads: 53,468
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,864)
Welcome to our newest member, ShontelleE
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
A Christmas When Life...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:23 PM
44,720 Views  0 Posts
Wreaths: Eternity's...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:28 PM
50,539 Views  0 Posts
My Dog Sam
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:37 PM
Last post by caninemomssister
01-26-2014 03:12 PM
46,735 Views  1 Posts
Amanda
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:33 PM
46,102 Views  0 Posts
Top Ten Ways to Avoid...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:04 PM
43,854 Views  0 Posts

Old 10-30-2011, 06:28 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,877 Times in 9,103 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
santahat We Went to Santa Claus, Indiana! (Pictures Included)

Snow-in-Texas and I went to Santa Claus, Indiana last week.

Here are some pictures from our vacation:

Santa Claus, Indiana Photo Album

There is a picture of the cemetery in Santa Claus, Indiana. It's not meant to be morbid, it's just part of the town.

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Annette1990 (10-31-2011), Bradmac (10-31-2011), brent (10-30-2011), Christmasstar (11-06-2011), Courtney (10-30-2011), gabulldawg (10-30-2011), Holiday (11-06-2011), Jeff Westover (10-30-2011), made582 (10-30-2011), sdkluger (10-30-2011)
Old 10-30-2011, 06:36 AM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,891 Times in 2,409 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
Awesome! thanks for sharing these. So, you think there is room in Santa Claus for a My Merry Christmas gathering place?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jeff Westover For This Useful Post:
Christmas-A-Holic (10-31-2011), Christmasstar (11-06-2011), gabulldawg (10-30-2011), made582 (10-30-2011)
Old 10-30-2011, 06:39 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 18,959 Times in 3,064 Posts
gabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa envious
Awesome Photo's,so glad you guys had fun,it looks like an amazing place to visit!
Old 10-30-2011, 07:07 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 145,191 Times in 26,709 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Cool!!!!!! I've really got to get down there next year.

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Christmas-A-Holic (10-31-2011), Christmasstar (11-06-2011)
Old 10-30-2011, 07:21 AM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,411 Times in 1,737 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
These are great!!!!!!!

Actually, I particularly like the cemetery one; the fact it's named Santa Claus Cemetery kind of cheers the place up!!!
Old 10-30-2011, 07:35 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 12,453 Times in 1,973 Posts
brent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa envious
Fantastic photos! Looks like you both had a great time! I have never seen any photos of Santa Claus, Indiana before. Thank you for sharing!

"The bells, the bows and the flashing lights, the mistletoes and the 'Silent Nights. It's all for show, but that's all right. That's not why I love this time of year..."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brent For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2011, 07:38 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,877 Times in 9,103 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Jeff, I bet we could get a group discount at Santa's Lodge! That is where St. Nicks Restaurant is at.

I think Lake Rudolph Campgrounds or Santa's Lakeside Cottages would be more fun to stay at. They have plenty of cabins and it is right on a lake. All rooms are fully decorated!

You are right, Maureen, it does cheer up the cemetery a bit more with Santas name on it!

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (11-06-2011), made582 (10-30-2011)
Old 10-30-2011, 07:48 AM
...and Noel's mama, too!

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,788 Times in 1,618 Posts
judesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemen
LOVE THIS!!! I was just reading abotu Santa Claus, IN the other day. How fun!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to judesmama For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2011, 08:38 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,590 Times in 748 Posts
Kimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnog
How nice! I bet it looks lovely at night with the Christmas decorations on!

Last edited by Kimothy; 10-30-2011 at 07:14 PM. Reason: grammar!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kimothy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2011, 08:40 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 145,191 Times in 26,709 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
I think Lake Rudolph Campgrounds or Santa's Lakeside Cottages would be more fun to stay at. They have plenty of cabins and it is right on a lake. All rooms are fully decorated!

I read that lake rudolph built 25 cabins this year and they plan on building another 25 for next year. So they should have plenty of room for all of us.

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Christmas-A-Holic (10-31-2011)