Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Home & Family » We Went to Santa Claus, Indiana! (Pictures Included)

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,085
Threads: 53,910
Top Poster: xmas365 (164,784)
Welcome to our newest member, williamjohn

Old 10-30-2011, 11:00 AM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 4,787 Times in 1,185 Posts
Snow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by Kimothy View Post
How nice! I bet it looks lovely w/ at night with the Christmas decorations on!
That was the only dissapointing thing about it that we couldn't hang around to see it at night. Otherwise it was cool seeing the place. We were on a bit of a tight schedule, we had to be back home to have time to get ready for the cruise. There were even times we weren't sure if we could make it to Santa Claus, especially when we hit a detour at the bridge going over the Ohio river, even with the GPS we had trouble navigating past that, but we made it and I am glad we did.

They must be listening to The Greasy Skillet Show. Hosted by RadioJonD! Every Saturday night 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM Eastern time!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Snow-in-Texas For This Useful Post:
Christmas-A-Holic (10-31-2011), Christmasstar (11-06-2011), made582 (10-30-2011)

Old 10-30-2011, 05:47 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,506 Times in 5,967 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Thank you for posting the photos! We'd love to go there sometime.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Christmas-A-Holic (10-31-2011), Christmasstar (11-06-2011), Snow-in-Texas (11-01-2011)
Old 10-30-2011, 06:52 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,249 Times in 2,294 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
Coolarity! Thanks for sharing the pics y'all!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RadioJonD For This Useful Post:
Christmas-A-Holic (10-31-2011), Christmasstar (11-06-2011), Snow-in-Texas (11-01-2011)
Old 10-30-2011, 07:13 PM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,955 Times in 2,431 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
The Santa community is have a BIG deal in Santa Claus in April. I don't think that's a great time for a MMC meeting but I definitely agree on the place. We should think about doing a summertime get-together of sorts in a place like Santa Claus.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jeff Westover For This Useful Post:
Christmas-A-Holic (10-31-2011), RadioJonD (10-30-2011), Snow-in-Texas (11-01-2011)
Old 10-30-2011, 09:08 PM
Emerging from the Cave
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,122 Times in 693 Posts
Courtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happy
Nice pics! Glad you had a good time in Indiana. Heck, I live in IN and still haven't been to Santa Claus...
Old 10-31-2011, 02:34 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,797 Times in 3,800 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
awesome, awesome, awesome....love ut

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2011, 06:39 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 52,726 Times in 9,570 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by made582 View Post
I read that lake rudolph built 25 cabins this year and they plan on building another 25 for next year. So they should have plenty of room for all of us.
I have looked at their site and it's a beautiful place!
Originally Posted by Jeff Westover View Post
The Santa community is have a BIG deal in Santa Claus in April. I don't think that's a great time for a MMC meeting but I definitely agree on the place. We should think about doing a summertime get-together of sorts in a place like Santa Claus.
I agree! The town is very small but they have an amusement park and water park to visit for entertainment.

The lodge has the St. Nicks Restaurant that could accommodate a large group for dining. I went to the tourist center and the lady there told me that was the only restaurant with a Christmas theme.

The thing that surprised me is the Christmas store was not that big but it was nice!

It would be really nice to make this happen if we could all meet there!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (11-06-2011), made582 (10-31-2011)
Old 10-31-2011, 08:59 AM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 29,315 Times in 4,651 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
I agree! The town is very small but they have an amusement park
Is that the liquor store?

Christmas-A-Holic (10-31-2011), Christmasstar (11-06-2011), George Broderick, Jr. (10-31-2011), made582 (10-31-2011)
Old 10-31-2011, 12:14 PM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 52,726 Times in 9,570 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
Is that the liquor store?

I guess that's amusing to some folks.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-31-2011), Christmasstar (11-06-2011), made582 (10-31-2011)
Old 10-31-2011, 01:01 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,835 Times in 3,867 Posts
George Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the Wisemen
I passed within fifteen miles of Santa Claus, IN on my way home from Chester, IL in 2009 and regret not detouring over to see it... even moreso, now... cool pictures!
Christmas-A-Holic (10-31-2011), Christmasstar (11-06-2011), made582 (10-31-2011), Snow-in-Texas (11-01-2011)