Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Other Holidays > Thanksgiving » Real Thanksgiving PETA Goes After the Kids this Thanksgiving

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Thanksgiving Real Thanksgiving Thanksgiving is where Christmas really begins. Presented by Real Thanksgiving, this topic explores the activities, the foods, the entertainment and the family time of this classic American holiday.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,098
Threads: 54,019
Top Poster: xmas365 (167,029)
Welcome to our newest member, sonicboomboy

Old 11-17-2011, 05:35 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,188 Times in 365 Posts
frostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Yes, the meal is actually a carb fest! Most of the stuff is non meat items. I really enjoy turkey but it's because I have all of the other stuff to go with it.

Old 11-17-2011, 06:25 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 19,006 Times in 3,072 Posts
gabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa envious
Originally Posted by frostyman View Post
Yes, the meal is actually a carb fest! Most of the stuff is non meat items. I really enjoy turkey but it's because I have all of the other stuff to go with it.
I know!! I can already taste the corn bread stuffing and cranberry sauce! There is no way I will get out of this thanksgiving holiday without gaining wieght!!!
Old 11-17-2011, 06:52 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,188 Times in 365 Posts
frostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
maybe I should be doing an Atkins style diet until then but if I do, the carb shock might send me into a carb coma!
Old 11-17-2011, 09:40 AM
Emerging from the Cave
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,128 Times in 697 Posts
Courtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happy
I love animals, but PETA is full of hypocrites. There are plenty of links online of their own wrongdoings involving animal abuse and killings. So, I tend not to take everything they supposedly stand for, too seriously.

Kids need to be off limits, and spewing their propaganda at them is tactless and ignorant.

Old 11-17-2011, 10:24 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I guess I'm a hypocrite. I love animals - cute cuddly kittens, puppies, etc. But, I'm also a hard core carnivore. I would chase a cow down in a field if I thought I could get a good steak out of it. *shrug*

If someone wants to be vegan, more power to them. If someone wants to eat all the animals - that's okay too (and some countries/people do eat those cute puppies and kittens). Personally, I'm a cutetarian - I don't eat anything that I think is cute and cuddly. If I see it in nature and think "awwwww - how sweet" I'm not eating it This includes: deer, rabbit, lamb and veal (baby cows are sweet) to name a few. Yes, I realize this is VERY arbitrary on my part but it works for me.

However, I definitely think PETA has gone over the edge once again - this time targeting children with their stupid ads. Not cool.
Spyells (11-17-2011), whitney37354 (11-17-2011)
Old 11-17-2011, 11:42 AM
Emerging from the Cave
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,128 Times in 697 Posts
Courtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happy
Originally Posted by Sunshine73 View Post
I guess I'm a hypocrite.
Is this directed at me?
Old 11-17-2011, 01:43 PM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 53,128 Times in 9,642 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
Is this directed at me?
I don't think anything was directed at you. I think this is referring to the earlier post by gabulldawg and myself for not liking some of the ways some meat industries handle meat though we continue to buy it. If you see in our post we mention the we are hypocrites for complaining about certain meat companies but don't investigate what we purchase. I read into it that she feels like a hypocrite for loving animals but continues to eat meat.

The Following User Says Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Courtney (11-17-2011)