Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Memorial Ornaments--what do you think?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,079
Threads: 53,843
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, MistleToeSnow

Old 12-09-2011, 09:45 AM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,021 Times in 174 Posts
Anne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elf
I think something from the loved one's tree is ideal. Even if it's a plain ball, if you know where it came from it's meaningful. We've got one ornament that used to belong to my husband's parents--it isn't very fancy but that's okay. It means a lot to my husband.

The one memorial ornament that I do like is the memorial tear. It's a teardrop shape with a rose inside. (I've seen it as a necklace, too.) I like that it's subtle. But I agree that everyone should follow their heart in this. And, of course, think about what the person would have liked. I know Pop would not appreciate the more sentimental ornaments!

Caninemom, I've been looking at Bronners and they do have nice ornaments! I've kind of decided to get one involving fishing--if I could get one that says Gone Fishing, that would be perfect. Pop loooooooved to fish.

Last edited by Anne_Langston; 12-09-2011 at 09:48 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anne_Langston For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (12-10-2011), snowflake22 (03-10-2014)
Old 12-10-2011, 04:27 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,276 Times in 13,281 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
My dad went to heaven May 24, 1997. I have had his favorite sweater ever since. This year I am going to make ornaments for the whole family out of it, and a cushion for mom since she no long puts up Christmas decorations.
It is hard to cut it up, many many pictures of dad he is seen wearing that sweater. But, I know it will bless my family to have a keepsake that brings back so many wonderful memories.

The ornaments that bring back memories in what ever way you wish to do that is ok, be it a picture, old ornament or "Christmas in Heaven".