Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » What are you giving Your loved ones for Christmas this year

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,127
Threads: 54,224
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,350)
Welcome to our newest member, ESullivan

Old 12-11-2011, 06:44 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,941 Times in 3,823 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
What are you giving Your loved ones for Christmas this year

Hi everyone, long time I started a thread, so I thought that close to Christmas it is about time to get going again on the board

My question is, what are the presents You already bought are made for who and what are u still planning to buy or create for the people You love?

Here are the few that I only have:

Kandice (for those who dont know...my five year old daughter) will get Playmobil toys this year here are pictures of it:

It is a Northern States Cavalary Fort, named Fort Eagle

i will post the second present in the next post, because i cant post more pictures

the postcarriage you see in the picture will be a christmas present for kandice from my mother

My niece Sarah:

She will get a Kidiminiz cat...they are somehow clocks and toys are the same time...they can move, communicate with other kidiminiz and you can feed them too

my mother will get a back

one of these four

My best friend viki will get the dvd complation of Princess Fantagiroh....a Fantasy TV series...I was never really a fan of it...but most girls and teenage girls i knew loved it...and she was one of em

I have nothing for my father yet, nothing for my nephew and goddaughter and yet...and the hardest...i got nothing for my man yet.... and less than 2 weeks to go.....anyhow, I will get it done as always....

so what do you have for your loved ones?

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
Anne_Langston (12-11-2011), caninemom3 (12-12-2011), Christmasstar (12-13-2011), Head Elf (12-11-2011), snowflake22 (12-11-2011)

Old 12-11-2011, 06:45 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
here is the second present for Kandice.....a Western Set from Playmobil

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (12-12-2011), Christmasstar (12-13-2011), gabulldawg (12-11-2011), Head Elf (12-11-2011), snowflake22 (03-09-2014)
Old 12-11-2011, 07:05 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Head Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happy
This year will be a very small Christmas and only for our neighbors grandkids. We have had a small setback and are regrouping. But we did manage to buy for some foster kids from my husbands work. Two little girls that wanted Barbie stuff. We were only supposed to spend $25 but I ended up spending $100 on both of them. They got a Barbie, some clothes, an ornament, a book, a bracelet, some hair clips, a pair of slippers and a stuffed animal and a Christmas stocking. We always enjoy doing this for the little ones. But we have heard of some people taking presents out of their bags and giving them to other kids who don't get many toys. We have learned to wrap them all in on big box, this way they get many presents in one.

My husband bought me a jeep for my anniversary, birthday, Christmas, Mother's Day, Veteran's Day (you get the picture). I'm quite happy with my new Jeep, so that is ok.

The neighbors kids are bought for, with books, toys and clothes. So, all in all, it will be a very nice Christmas for all of us. Merry Christmas to you and yours!
Old 12-11-2011, 07:37 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

Classic Christmas is a good elfClassic Christmas is a good elfClassic Christmas is a good elfClassic Christmas is a good elfClassic Christmas is a good elfClassic Christmas is a good elf
This will be a very bare-bones Christmas for us (materialism-wise). Very few presents, as a very unfortunate economic downturn hit a family member.

But I wonder...could this end up being one of our best Christmases ever? We'll truly be focused on what is important, and mounds of presents will not be the focus.

Something tells me this will not be a bad thing at all.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Classic Christmas For This Useful Post:
Anne_Langston (12-11-2011), caninemom3 (12-12-2011), Christmas-A-Holic (12-13-2011), Christmasstar (12-13-2011), gabulldawg (12-11-2011), GingerMel (12-13-2011), mommytotwo (12-14-2011), snowflake22 (12-11-2011), trackrebel (12-11-2011), whitney37354 (12-13-2011)
Old 12-11-2011, 08:14 AM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,026 Times in 176 Posts
Anne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elf
I am so behind on shopping it isn't funny...

I've gotten the presents for my older daughter and her two girls and left them with my mom. Clothes for my daughter (my sister and I found a cardigan with a "fur" trimmed collar for 80% off at Kohls and an embellished shell that matched it perfectly); a Sorry game, a dress and a book for the 6 year old; and a onesie and two toys for the baby, plus their Christmas outfits, which they already have. And I have part of my husband's Christmas present. I've traditionally done three gifts for my kids/grandkids, plus stocking. One is clothing, one is a toy or game, and one is a book. And that's probably what I'm doing this year as well. And I buy a book or movie for the kids my mom babysits for--this year it's a season of the Muppet Show, since my great niece and nephew enjoyed the movie so much.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anne_Langston For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (12-12-2011), Christmasstar (12-13-2011), gabulldawg (12-11-2011), snowflake22 (12-11-2011)
Old 12-11-2011, 09:30 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

maybe this will be Your greatest christmas.....presents arent everything and of course no the meaning of christmas

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (12-12-2011), Christmas-A-Holic (12-13-2011), Christmasstar (12-13-2011), gabulldawg (12-11-2011), snowflake22 (12-11-2011), whitney37354 (12-13-2011)
Old 12-11-2011, 01:12 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

Classic Christmas is a good elfClassic Christmas is a good elfClassic Christmas is a good elfClassic Christmas is a good elfClassic Christmas is a good elfClassic Christmas is a good elf
Originally Posted by trackrebel View Post
maybe this will be Your greatest christmas.....presents arent everything and of course no the meaning of christmas
You're absolutely right, of course.

It's just that for years it's always been a sort of tradition to have people over at our parent's house on Christmas Eve, the tree practically buried beneath all the gifts, and spending what seemed like hours opening them up (with the usual comments every year!).

This year, it will be quite different, but something tells me that difference will be a very positive one. We'll focus on each other even more, and the happiness that can be found in simplicity.

And, hey, what a nice change it will be to not be bogged down in credit card bills come January!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Classic Christmas For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (12-12-2011), Christmasstar (12-13-2011), snowflake22 (12-11-2011), whitney37354 (12-13-2011)
Old 12-11-2011, 01:40 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

lol...I am sure you will havde a nice christmas!!!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (12-12-2011), Christmasstar (12-13-2011), gabulldawg (12-11-2011), snowflake22 (03-09-2014)
Old 12-11-2011, 01:44 PM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 19,006 Times in 3,072 Posts
gabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa envious
This year we are having a very and I mean VERY lean Christmas.lol We drew names and I drew my moms,so I am giving her some perfume from Elizabeth Taylor,which also comes with a gift basket! I am giving my fiance a necklace she has wanted for a long time!
Old 12-11-2011, 01:52 PM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 19,006 Times in 3,072 Posts
gabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa envious
Originally Posted by Classic Christmas View Post
This will be a very bare-bones Christmas for us (materialism-wise). Very few presents, as a very unfortunate economic downturn hit a family member.

But I wonder...could this end up being one of our best Christmases ever? We'll truly be focused on what is important, and mounds of presents will not be the focus.

Something tells me this will not be a bad thing at all.

That is exactly what I am thinking too. This year and last year too I was quite frankly surprised that our focus was not material based like years pastbut more family oriented, after all that is what Christmas should be about!

Last edited by gabulldawg; 12-11-2011 at 01:52 PM. Reason: error
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gabulldawg For This Useful Post:
Anne_Langston (12-11-2011), caninemom3 (12-12-2011), Christmas-A-Holic (12-13-2011), Christmasstar (12-13-2011), mommytotwo (12-14-2011), snowflake22 (12-11-2011), trackrebel (12-11-2011)