Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Saying "Merry Christmas"

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,078
Threads: 53,832
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, JoseChung

Old 12-17-2011, 07:40 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Maebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Saying "Merry Christmas"

I went to 2 stores, yesterday. I went to Target and Big Lots. When checking out, both cashiers wished me a Merry Christmas! The young man at Target and I could've talked a bit. I bought "The Polar Express" to read to my daughter's class and he talked about it being read at school and getting a bell when it was over. I told him that I'm reading it to my daughter's preschool class on Wednesday and that I'll give them a bell to put in their pocket (or up their sleeve if they have no pocket) and that we'll make a simple necklace when we're finished. I plan on giving that book to my daughter when I finish reading it. She gets a cd and an ornament with it. I bought a special edition. I already have the book at school but this way I won't have to remember to bring it home.

Merry Christmas!!!
caninemom3 (12-17-2011), Christmasstar (12-18-2011), Head Elf (12-18-2011), jayden28 (12-17-2011), made582 (12-17-2011), Maureen (12-17-2011), snowflake22 (12-17-2011), sugar142286 (12-18-2011)
Old 12-17-2011, 02:55 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

Toe has shown a merry disposition
Happy Holiday

What do you think to the greeting 'Happy Holiday'? I know it's PC but it doesn't feel right somehow.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Toe For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (12-17-2011), Christmasstar (12-18-2011), Head Elf (12-18-2011), Maebeary (12-18-2011), snowflake22 (03-09-2014)
Old 12-17-2011, 10:16 PM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,482 Times in 9,271 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

I always say Merry Christmas myself just because "Happy Holidays" just doesn't have the same Christmassy ring !!

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (12-18-2011), Head Elf (12-18-2011), Maebeary (12-18-2011), mike24forever (12-23-2011), snowflake22 (03-09-2014)
Old 12-17-2011, 11:51 PM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,930 Times in 2,417 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
There's absolutely nothing wrong with Happy Holidays. Nothing. It's not preferred but not offensive either.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jeff Westover For This Useful Post:
'Tis the season (12-18-2011), Anne_Langston (12-18-2011), Head Elf (12-18-2011), Maebeary (12-18-2011), snowflake22 (03-09-2014)
Old 12-18-2011, 01:20 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,231 Times in 13,277 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Maebeary View Post
I went to 2 stores, yesterday. I went to Target and Big Lots. When checking out, both cashiers wished me a Merry Christmas! The young man at Target and I could've talked a bit. I bought "The Polar Express" to read to my daughter's class and he talked about it being read at school and getting a bell when it was over. I told him that I'm reading it to my daughter's preschool class on Wednesday and that I'll give them a bell to put in their pocket (or up their sleeve if they have no pocket) and that we'll make a simple necklace when we're finished. I plan on giving that book to my daughter when I finish reading it. She gets a cd and an ornament with it. I bought a special edition. I already have the book at school but this way I won't have to remember to bring it home.

Merry Christmas!!!
I really like that story, found a book that is a collectors edition in a store in Toronto, did not really pay close attention to it, but we are going back again this week so hoping it is still there so I can get a copy
Old 12-18-2011, 06:12 PM
North Pole's RN

Last Achievements

Thanked 84,431 Times in 14,675 Posts
sugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I say Merry Christmas myself, but agree with Jeff, that there is nothing with Happy Holidays. We have to realize that there are other religions too, not all people celebrate Christmas as well at the time of the year. I think some people like to say Happy Holidays to cover all the holidays or to feel like they're not offending anyone. Also, I sometimes will tell people "Happy Holidays" to people who I know I won't see or possibly see until after New Year's.

The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.
- Burton Hillis
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sugar142286 For This Useful Post:
Anne_Langston (12-19-2011), Head Elf (12-18-2011)
Old 12-18-2011, 09:30 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Head Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happy
I like saying Merry Christmas more than the rest of the them, but I agree that Happy Holidays can be said with the same enthusiasm and it puts me in the spirt. Sometimes I even say Happy Yuletide and I get the strangest looks... but the response back is almost always "MERRY CHRISTMAS"....
Old 12-19-2011, 08:48 AM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,021 Times in 174 Posts
Anne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elf
I agree that there's nothing wrong with Happy Holidays....I'm kind of weird and don't like to say Merry Christmas until Christmas Eve. Because it isn't the church year season of Christmas yet, it's still Advent. I make up for it by saying Merry Christmas until January 6th! Even later when I say hello to my Orthodox friends and co-workers. I could say "have a blessed Advent" but most people associate Advent with the calenders, so Happy Holidays works for me. Honestly, I'd rather have a smile and a sincere Happy Holidays or even "whatever you celebrate, have a good one" (actual greeting I got at a store Saturday, accompanied by a huge grin) than a muttered, forced sounding "Merry Christmas" from a stone faced employee that ignores me as a person while ringing up my sales (also actual experience from Saturday).
The Following User Says Thank You to Anne_Langston For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-09-2014)
Old 12-22-2011, 04:09 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

Toe has shown a merry disposition
santahat Happy Christmas

Agree with all said; I guess as long as you're sincere it doesn't matter about the words. Not long been home from college - staff 'do', Christmas lunch. Super to catch up with friends I don't see from one year end to the other. Said goodbye to a fellow tutor who has been teaching there for 37 years - will be missed by all.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Toe For This Useful Post:
Anne_Langston (12-22-2011), snowflake22 (03-09-2014)