Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » How Do You Spent New Year.s Eve. 31st Dec

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,973
Threads: 53,442
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,043)
Welcome to our newest member, Norrisrals
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Christmas Tree The First Christmas in...
By Jeff Westover
10-07-2012 10:49 PM
30,709 Views  0 Posts
Snowman2 Top Five Christmas Hoaxes
By MMC Editor
09-09-2013 02:14 PM
24,125 Views  0 Posts
Homemade for the Holidays
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:31 PM
48,100 Views  0 Posts
The Rudolph Controversy
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:21 PM
47,939 Views  0 Posts
Enlisting Your Kids in...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:27 PM
47,948 Views  0 Posts

Old 12-26-2011, 09:45 AM
Christmas Altair

Last Achievements

Thanked 20,034 Times in 2,879 Posts
shellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
How Do You Spent New Year.s Eve. 31st Dec

hi everyone was just thinking
How do you spent the last night of the year
Do you party. Do you stay in .
Do yo like it ?

For me it can depend times i go out but i stay around my own town and at 11.30 i come home to be here with my uncle and pets and partner to see the new year in and i might to back out again
Some years i get a bottle of champange and go to a few neighbours houses and give then a glass.
I have mixed feelings about it? part if me is sad starting a new year, and another part is excited with a new beginnng of things i want to sort for the new year
Guess am not that good at this happyt new year thing as i think it is very false. people wishing you a happy new year and 10 minutes after it they wood not speak to you or a row starts ( i have seen it with people in the past) i do wish a happy new year to people that are my friends and my family. people that i no care love and worry and have been there for me though the years

So what about all of you ??????
Christmasstar (12-27-2011), snowflake22 (03-09-2014)
Old 12-26-2011, 11:09 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,342 Times in 12,630 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Sometimes we stay home and sometimes we go to a dinner with dancing to a band. As we have gotten older, we prefer staying home and having hors d'oeuvres. When we stay home, we normally don't make it to midnight!!! Haha!!!

Originally Posted by shellie12 View Post
hi everyone was just thinking
How do you spent the last night of the year
Do you party. Do you stay in .
Do yo like it ?

For me it can depend times i go out but i stay around my own town and at 11.30 i come home to be here with my uncle and pets and partner to see the new year in and i might to back out again
Some years i get a bottle of champange and go to a few neighbours houses and give then a glass.
I have mixed feelings about it? part if me is sad starting a new year, and another part is excited with a new beginnng of things i want to sort for the new year
Guess am not that good at this happyt new year thing as i think it is very false. people wishing you a happy new year and 10 minutes after it they wood not speak to you or a row starts ( i have seen it with people in the past) i do wish a happy new year to people that are my friends and my family. people that i no care love and worry and have been there for me though the years

So what about all of you ??????
Old 12-26-2011, 11:11 AM
*<[:{) Ho ho ho!!!

Last Achievements

Thanked 70,175 Times in 13,940 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
We usually stay at home with the group of our closest friends and family, have finger foods, watch a comedy movie, and celebrate the ball going down. Very low key.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:30 AM
Christmas Altair

Last Achievements

shellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
We usually stay at home with the group of our closest friends and family, have finger foods, watch a comedy movie, and celebrate the ball going down. Very low key.
hi that is not low key that is what it is about speading it with people who are true friends
Christmasstar (12-27-2011), Seawaters (12-26-2011), snowflake22 (03-09-2014)
Old 12-26-2011, 11:32 AM
Christmas Altair

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
Sometimes we stay home and sometimes we go to a dinner with dancing to a band. As we have gotten older, we prefer staying home and having hors d'oeuvres. When we stay home, we normally don't make it to midnight!!! Haha!!!
lol i always try and make it lol
Christmasstar (12-27-2011), Seawaters (12-26-2011), snowflake22 (03-09-2014)
Old 12-26-2011, 01:01 PM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,021 Times in 174 Posts
Anne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elf
It depends....we've gone to plays that night, or comedy showcases, or bowling with family....mostly we stay in and have a games night, then watch the ball drop on TV and drink champagne. We like going out, but it _is_ amateur night and sometimes the drunks are just too much...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anne_Langston For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (12-27-2011), Seawaters (12-26-2011), shellie12 (12-26-2011), snowflake22 (03-09-2014)
Old 12-26-2011, 02:37 PM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,406 Times in 1,734 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
Can't STAND New Year's Eve. I tend to go to bed early
Old 12-26-2011, 07:28 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 36,312 Times in 5,600 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
We stay in, fix some special snacks, and have a movie marathon downstairs (of course)! We've already got a double feature lined up for this year. Then we come upstairs shortly before midnight and watch the countdown in Times Square. Thanks to New Year's Day being on a Sunday this year, we have off the day after---maybe we'll have TWO marathons.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (12-27-2011), Seawaters (12-29-2011), shellie12 (12-27-2011), snowflake22 (03-09-2014)
Old 12-27-2011, 06:46 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,217 Times in 12,636 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
when the kids were small we played games, watched movies and ate croquettes and oliebollen. Waited for new years to arrive. Now, everyone goes their own way, my son usually babysits (makes over $100 for the night) My girls head out with friends. I am not much of a party person so do not really care about staying up. Usually get woke up at midnight anyway when everyone calls to say happy new year!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
Seawaters (12-29-2011), shellie12 (12-27-2011), snowflake22 (03-09-2014)
Old 12-27-2011, 07:59 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,561 Times in 3,709 Posts
George Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the Wisemen
Usually we go to some neighbor's party up until midnight... then it's a short walk home followed by New Year's pretzel (which we share with the dog), sparking grape juice, prayers of thanks for a good year, then bed...

Also, I live in Pittsburgh, which looks for ANY excuse to shoot off fireworks... and we have "First Night"... I can see them from my front porch..!
Anne_Langston (12-27-2011), Seawaters (12-29-2011), shellie12 (12-27-2011), snowflake22 (03-09-2014)