Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Home & Family » After Christmas Cleaning

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,845
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 01-03-2012, 05:29 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,283 Times in 13,284 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
After Christmas Cleaning

My decorations are all packed and back in storage. Wile most people like to do spring cleaning, I like to clean everything after Christmas.
Why you ask?
Because it is this time of the year, when it is so cold and snowy outside, that I have to stay inside anyway. Come spring, I want to work in my garden and yard, not inside. So I figure if I do it all now, I have more time outside in the spring.
When do you do your major cleaning?
Old 01-03-2012, 05:49 PM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 51,988 Times in 9,434 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
It varies through the year but I do a lot more organizing and cleaning right after Christmas.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (01-07-2012), merrymistletoe (01-05-2012), momnan30 (01-05-2012), Seawaters (01-03-2012), snowflake22 (02-01-2014)
Old 01-03-2012, 06:09 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 12,730 Times in 2,167 Posts
xmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemen
We will start to take things down and pack them up next week. Usually, with the mess I make, tracking in and out of the house all day with all the boxes and such, by default, we have to give things a good cleaning.

This year, I was able (and had the time) to put up 2100 lights on the roofs and another 2 to 3000 lights up in the yard. So it takes a little bit of time packing it all back up.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to xmastidings For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (01-07-2012), merrymistletoe (01-05-2012), momnan30 (01-05-2012), nmc42088 (01-08-2012), Seawaters (01-03-2012), snowflake22 (02-01-2014)
Old 01-03-2012, 06:12 PM

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,619 Times in 12,678 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
This is smart planning!!! You are assuming that I do cleaning, right? Ha, ha!!! When I read this I thought that it is smart because I would work hard, work up a sweat, and be able to turn down the heat and save on utilities!!! Smart, very smart.

Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
My decorations are all packed and back in storage. Wile most people like to do spring cleaning, I like to clean everything after Christmas.
Why you ask?
Because it is this time of the year, when it is so cold and snowy outside, that I have to stay inside anyway. Come spring, I want to work in my garden and yard, not inside. So I figure if I do it all now, I have more time outside in the spring.
When do you do your major cleaning?
Old 01-03-2012, 06:14 PM

Last Achievements

Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I do organizing, but until Christmasstar's post did not really think through the cleaning part, as in spring cleaning. I will give it some thought for NEXT year. I am back to work, so this year is not good for me. Haha.

Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
It varies through the year but I do a lot more organizing and cleaning right after Christmas.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:16 PM

Last Achievements

Do you have pictures of all those lights blazing? I bet they are a sight to behold!!! I wonder how many people are reading this and are jealous?

Originally Posted by xmastidings View Post
We will start to take things down and pack them up next week. Usually, with the mess I make, tracking in and out of the house all day with all the boxes and such, by default, we have to give things a good cleaning.

This year, I was able (and had the time) to put up 2100 lights on the roofs and another 2 to 3000 lights up in the yard. So it takes a little bit of time packing it all back up.

Old 01-04-2012, 08:28 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,816 Times in 3,858 Posts
George Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the Wisemen
After we put away the festive decorations, my wife starts to hate our "drab" house... so, it's new fixtures of some sort to spruce up the ol' homestead... this year, I think it'll be new drapes for the bedroom and some new book shelves for the extra room/studio (a.k.a. my away-at-college daughter's ex-bedroom)...

Vacuuming and dusting will be involved...

And lifting for me..!
Christmasstar (01-07-2012), merrymistletoe (01-05-2012), momnan30 (01-05-2012), nmc42088 (01-08-2012), snowflake22 (02-01-2014)
Old 01-05-2012, 07:37 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,932 Times in 922 Posts
momnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companion
I do a lot of cleaning and organizing at this time as well for the simple reason that the decor goes up in November and it's harder to dust around the garland, etc. and so it NEEDS it! Also, I feel like we have to weed out some of what we have since we have been generously gifted with new items. It feels good to be in a clean and organized environment when spending so much more time inside due to weather. Good post!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to momnan30 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (01-07-2012), merrymistletoe (01-05-2012), snowflake22 (02-01-2014)
Old 01-05-2012, 08:41 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 51,988 Times in 9,434 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
George, exactly what I do every year! I just HATE how drab and dark the house looks after the decorations come down so I tend to change and add a few things to the house to "brighten" it up a bit. No matter what, I still think my house looks much better at Christmas time!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
merrymistletoe (01-05-2012), snowflake22 (02-01-2014)
Old 01-05-2012, 10:42 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 12,730 Times in 2,167 Posts
xmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
Do you have pictures of all those lights blazing? I bet they are a sight to behold!!! I wonder how many people are reading this and are jealous?
Sure do, I went out last night and took a few photos, that I can share with everyone. As soon as I transfer them to my PC, I'll upload them to the site.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xmastidings For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (01-07-2012), merrymistletoe (01-05-2012), snowflake22 (02-01-2014)