Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » My dilemma....

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,098
Threads: 54,008
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,841)
Welcome to our newest member, misswang123

Old 09-11-2007, 02:55 PM
Christmasologist

kidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elf
Stay home, That is what your heart is telling you....I would not want to be anywhere else over the holiday....Why can't you all go after Thanksgiving?

Old 09-11-2007, 04:30 PM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 23,889 Times in 3,895 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
They are wanting to go over Thanksgiving b/c we are all off work that Thursday & Friday - we can make a long weekend of it. It's a 7 hour drive, so we want to be able to spend some time there. The subject hasn't been brought up at all today. As fun as it would be to go, I sure hope it doesn't work out!! I just love our holiday traditions too much!
Old 09-18-2007, 07:18 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

Montana's Santa has shown a merry dispositionMontana's Santa has shown a merry dispositionMontana's Santa has shown a merry dispositionMontana's Santa has shown a merry disposition
A quick note from Santa's Grinchy side: Sounds like her boss is too cheap to hire a caretaker to close up the summer place. I'd stay home and enjoy myself with the people and activities I really want to enjoy. Unfortunately, I will be celebrating Thanksgiving in a restaurant because I'll be on my Santa assignment for the season. Hold to the traditions you love... I know from experience what it feels like not to be home for the holidays...
Old 09-18-2007, 10:05 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 23,889 Times in 3,895 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Montana's Santa - Lol!! You are right about her boss - though I'm not sure if he's too cheap, but he's too "good" to do that kind of work himself!! I don't care for her boss as a person (I about puked when my sil started working for him - I use to work with his wife, & he was not nice to her at all!) but it would be a nice get away - I just wish it were a different weekend.

I'm still hashing around what to do. My hubby's 2 sisters & their families are going for sure. We havent heard from my hubby's brother & family. My MIL & FIL can't go until that Friday after work, so they aren't sure if they are going or not. So I don't feel too bad about not going, since they won't be there for Thanksgiving anyway. I'm thinking if we go, we won't go until Friday, but then I really don't want to make the 7 hour trip for 1 day & turn around & drive 7 hours again. Bottom line - I don't want to leave my hometown over Thanksgiving weekend! My hubby doesn't seem overly excited about going, but he also hasn't said that he does not want to go. So I guess it's still up in the air!
Old 09-18-2007, 11:39 AM
MMC Musicmaster & Programming Director of Merry Christmas Radio

Last Achievements

Thanked 2,666 Times in 563 Posts
JayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companion
I have to say...It sounds like a pretty cool and fun trip! I very much understand about being home and traditions...I love our traditions, and I love being home for the holidays...but being away with a bunch of fun people out in the woods etc...It really sounds like alot of fun...I'd be hard pressed to say no! When my family is not "all" together on Thanksgiving, we pick a Sunday soon after when we all are around, and have a big turkey dinner etc. just like it was Thanksgiving...Most times, it's more fun than the actual holiday was...Sometimes when I follow the opportunities that come my way instead of my own ideas of how things should be, I'm enriched beyond belief and have a real ball...But I'm glad I don't have to make the decision...I just re-read what I wrote...I think i confused the issue even more...Sorry about that...When I first read your post I thought..."Sounds like fun...she should go!" So if I have to choose...I'd say GO!!!
Old 09-18-2007, 06:22 PM
MMC Hostess of Christmas Online

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,430 Times in 817 Posts
AuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the tree
Holiday - you are really the only person who can decide what's right for you.

I posed a similar question nearly four years ago at Christmas.com when I was faced with a decision I had to make about where I was going to wake up on Christmas morning. My father was struggling with cancer, but we had already made plans to start taking turns and spending more time with our boys and the grandchildren during the Christmas holidays. I have countless wonderful memories and my husband has so few. I wanted to do something special for him and I knew spending time with the children would make his Christmas more special. I struggled with my decision because of a comment my father had made. At the time I thought it was a "guilt trip" thing. I realized after that he was going to have a hard time not having me home on Christmas morning rushing over to help him collect the luminary bags and spending most of the day together and dealing with my mother's tears over it, etc. It's hard to believe I was visiting grandchildren on Christmas morning the first time I celebrated Christmas away from my mom and dad.

It was a little sad off and on, but I am so glad that I did it. My dad thankfully survived his battle with cancer and he just one a golf tournament.

The cabin sounds like a nice place to celebrate Thanksgiving. I'd love to go to a cabin in the woods if I wasn't going to be home. My husband and I are planning something like that next year for our Anniversary which falls around the time of the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend.

I am one of the most traditional people I know and I surprised myself by celebrating in a different way and really enjoyed it.

As for the long car ride, toss some Christmas tunes on and enjoy the ride.
But . . .

It sounds to me like you want to stay home, but you are not sure how to tell the rest of the family about your decision. Perhaps reaching one soon, will give them time to invite another couple (if they wish) to join them instead.