Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » What do you like more about Christmas-actual day or build-up

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,976
Threads: 53,449
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,176)
Welcome to our newest member, Johnmak
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Bells The Nativity Part III:...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:45 PM
79,142 Views  0 Posts
santahat The Legendary Christmas...
By Jeff Westover
09-26-2012 12:27 PM
62,971 Views  0 Posts
Bells All About Stuffing
By MMC Editor
11-19-2011 10:49 PM
42,018 Views  0 Posts
What do elves get paid?
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:58 PM
48,758 Views  0 Posts
It's a Wonderful Life...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:17 PM
52,117 Views  0 Posts

Old 09-07-2007, 02:59 PM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Billy Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by JollySteve View Post
I don't think you can ever babble enough about Christmas.

I agree, however I know a lot of people who would disagree.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:07 PM
Merry Forums Twinkle Light Checker
Last Achievements

JollySteve has shown a merry dispositionJollySteve has shown a merry disposition
^ That is true, and I know a few. I should have said, "I don't think you can ever babble enough about Christmas on these boards .
Old 09-08-2007, 10:33 AM
Christmasologist

Last Achievements

Storeytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
If I were up there I would come help you.

The buildup is always my favorite part. I actually start getting post Christmas blues about noon on Christmas day because I know that the music is going to stop being played on the radio at midnight, the Christmas shows and commercials will stop at midnight, and it just always puts me back into the reality that for most of the world Christmas is just a day. The great thing about this forum is finding that you're not alone. There are other people who love and understand the whole Christmas feeling. It's a frame of mind that we ought to have 365 days a year. So, for me, definitely the buildup.

Old 09-09-2007, 10:43 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
For me, I definitely enjoy the build up and anticipation. The Christmas shows on tv, the commercials, the songs on the radio, getting ready for the day, the shopping, the gatherings, parties, etc. I do enjoy Christmas Day itself but it's also a bit of a let-down, knowing that the season is mere hours away from being "over" for another year.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:48 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

Iron Eagle has shown a merry dispositionIron Eagle has shown a merry dispositionIron Eagle has shown a merry dispositionIron Eagle has shown a merry dispositionIron Eagle has shown a merry disposition
star

I agree too. Never too much Christmas talk. We don't babble, Do we ?????
Old 09-10-2007, 10:50 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,346 Times in 3,119 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Storeytime View Post

The buildup is always my favorite part. I actually start getting post Christmas blues about noon on Christmas day because I know that the music is going to stop being played on the radio at midnight, the Christmas shows and commercials will stop at midnight, and it just always puts me back into the reality that for most of the world Christmas is just a day. The great thing about this forum is finding that you're not alone. There are other people who love and understand the whole Christmas feeling. It's a frame of mind that we ought to have 365 days a year. So, for me, definitely the buildup.

EXACTLY!!!
Old 09-11-2007, 08:29 PM
Christmasologist

kidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elf
Christy Carol,
I Agree, I Love The Build Up. I Too Have To Work Christmas Eve, And Christmas Day...i Am A 9-1-1 Dispatcher, We Don't Really Get Much Time Off. I'm Sure That You Understand, Your Schedule Is Probably Similar To Mine.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:36 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

haagarr has shown a merry dispositionhaagarr has shown a merry disposition
The build-up the Christmas season is longer.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:36 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,091 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
without doubt, the build up!

it starts now in september for me, that is when i start thinking about what present to buy who etc..
i love cleaning the house and blasting christmas music, i love planning my annual chrsitmas party for the kids in my family, i love shoppng for christmas presents and decorations, i love how people seem just that little bit friendlier.

once christrmas day comes around, as much as i enjoy it, i feel a little sad as i know it's almost all over. once we get around to january i can safely say that i have a severe case of the blues!
Old 09-20-2007, 12:30 PM
Merry Forums Twinkle Light Checker

Amanda Elf has shown a merry dispositionAmanda Elf has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by MarthaK View Post

There are all sorts of extra things to do during the season from shopping, to church and school programs, decorating, baking, mailing gifts and cards, etc. that are considered part of our Christmas memories and traditions. How can it all be packed into one or two days?

The joy of giving a gift is not in handing to someone, but thinking about it, shopping and choosing something that's "just right" then watching the person's face when they open it. That takes time. There are the chances to give to others, and time to just STOP all the craziness, look around and enjoy the Christmas wonderland while doing nothing.

That's why I enjoy the build up....because it too is Christmas.
That says it all!

I love the build up..the day can be a let down..knowing it's over for another year, the clean up and the fact that not everyone lands to Mom's like they used too. Everyone has kids and grandkids..Mom had 10 kids, so you can imagine how full the house could get plus the cousins!

This will be my first Christmas without my sister Sharon. She passed this Feb. and she was a whole other reason to love Christmas! She shopped year 'round. Came home to N.S. from N.B. to wrap gifts at Mom's. We always helped.