Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,437
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,754)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Santa Speaks 2000
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 10:54 PM
43,672 Views  0 Posts
The Story of Stan...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 06:32 PM
55,654 Views  0 Posts
Santa in My Backyard
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:32 PM
43,747 Views  0 Posts
"A Great Tree" by Zona...
By MerryCarey
10-25-2011 07:49 AM
62,061 Views  0 Posts
Is Santa's mail safe?
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:57 PM
Last post by IronEagle302
07-09-2012 08:27 PM
49,969 Views  1 Posts

Old 06-20-2012, 04:23 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener
Last Achievements

christmas_nut_k_1209 is a new face around here!
Christmas Tree First Birthday

Hello to all!
I know most of you are probably already starting to plan for this years season I am hoping to find help here - this past Christmas was one of the most emotional seasons I've ever had, my Dad passed on 12/13, my husband came home from Iraq on 12/22, and on 12/25 I gave birth to our son So here is my dilemma,
Logan is our first child, and his birthday is on Christmas day, I am at a loss of what to do for his first birthday (or really any birthday from here on out now) I dont want his birthday to be about Christmas unless he wants it to when he gets older (who knows he might turn out to be a Christmas nut like myself) Do any of you know someone with a Christmas birthday or have any suggestions? Any input will be greatly appreciated!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to christmas_nut_k_1209 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (06-20-2012), merrymistletoe (06-25-2012)
Old 06-20-2012, 06:45 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,174 Times in 12,628 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
you could do the usual Christmas stuff in the morning and then for lunch do a birthday party with all the trimmings.
Later when he is older you could suggest a 1/2 year birthday celebration party to which he could invite all his friends. Then continue the tradition of birthday cake and a gift for lunch on his actual birthday.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
christmas_nut_k_1209 (06-20-2012), merrymistletoe (06-25-2012)
Old 06-20-2012, 07:41 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,558 Times in 3,709 Posts
George Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the Wisemen
1) Take him to church so he can meet someone else who was born on Christmas...

2) Do your Christmas stuff on the 24th and your birthday stuff on the 25th...

3) NEVER let friends or relatives try to "double up" on his gifts and "let it count for his birthday AND Christmas"...
Bradmac (06-20-2012), Christmas-A-Holic (06-21-2012), Christmasstar (06-25-2012), christmas_nut_k_1209 (06-20-2012), made582 (06-21-2012), merrymistletoe (06-25-2012), MerryNoel (07-04-2012), Mumof2 (06-25-2012), whitney37354 (06-20-2012)
Old 06-20-2012, 12:07 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,614 Times in 578 Posts
whitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnog
We were married on December 18, and though I love Christmas, I didn't want a "Christmas Wedding". The only hints of Christmas were the church decor & the red roses in the bouquets.

Have his party the weekend before or after his birthday. Make it themed toward his interests as he gets older, not using Christmas related things. Give him his own day of celebration.

I had a former co-worker whose birthday is December 24. Her parents made sure Christmas Eve was all about her birthday & December 25 was all about Christmas.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to whitney37354 For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (06-20-2012), Christmasstar (06-25-2012), merrymistletoe (06-25-2012), MerryNoel (07-04-2012)
Old 06-20-2012, 01:05 PM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 27,621 Times in 4,414 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I wasn't born too close to any holidays, but my little brother and I are only a couple days (and 6 years) apart. When I was a kid, after he was born, I always had to share my birthday party.

And our daughter was born on our anniversary, so we don't really get to celebrate that anymore, but that's ok. She was a great anniversary present.

I don't have any suggestions, but I wanted to say how sorry I am for the loss of your Dad, congratulations on your son's birth (on Christmas Day!), and a sincere thanks to your husband for his service.
Christmasstar (06-25-2012), christmas_nut_k_1209 (06-21-2012), merrymistletoe (06-25-2012)
Old 06-21-2012, 08:37 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

Lacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elf
I would celebrate the weekend before or maybe the day after on the 26th. That way family & friends can attend and it not interfere with anyone's Christmas plans. I have a couple of cousins that were born on Dec 24th and 25th and that's what they always did.

Congrats on your first little one! I just had my second three months ago, she's an angel! I'm sure your son will love whatever you plan to do! Have fun with it!
Old 06-25-2012, 04:49 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 12,456 Times in 1,595 Posts
merrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by christmas_nut_k_1209 View Post
Hello to all!
I know most of you are probably already starting to plan for this years season I am hoping to find help here - this past Christmas was one of the most emotional seasons I've ever had, my Dad passed on 12/13, my husband came home from Iraq on 12/22, and on 12/25 I gave birth to our son So here is my dilemma,
Logan is our first child, and his birthday is on Christmas day, I am at a loss of what to do for his first birthday (or really any birthday from here on out now) I dont want his birthday to be about Christmas unless he wants it to when he gets older (who knows he might turn out to be a Christmas nut like myself) Do any of you know someone with a Christmas birthday or have any suggestions? Any input will be greatly appreciated!

i have a very good friend whose son was born on Christmas Eve. they decided to have him a b-day party before or after Christmas so it would not get pushed together w/ Christmas. he is now 20 yrs. old but as he got older, his rents decided to let him choose whether to have it around Christmas or have a 1/2 way mark b-day in the summer. since lots of peeps already have so many events to attend around Christmas, it was easier for everyone to have it in the summer. not to mention how much he liked it. i'm sure whatever you decide, his birthday will be special.

Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
I wasn't born too close to any holidays, but my little brother and I are only a couple days (and 6 years) apart. When I was a kid, after he was born, I always had to share my birthday party.

And our daughter was born on our anniversary, so we don't really get to celebrate that anymore, but that's ok. She was a great anniversary present.

I don't have any suggestions, but I wanted to say how sorry I am for the loss of your Dad, congratulations on your son's birth (on Christmas Day!), and a sincere thanks to your husband for his service.
beautifully said bradmac & George!