Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Friday the 13th-It's a Lucky Day!

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,079
Threads: 53,843
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, MistleToeSnow

Old 07-13-2012, 02:57 PM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 51,986 Times in 9,434 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Friday the 13th-It's a Lucky Day!

Friday the 13th is suppose to be unlucky? Let's not be superstitious here but celebrate the day!

Post all the good things that happened today, on Friday the 13th, or any fond memories you have had in the past.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (07-13-2012), MerryCarey (07-13-2012), MerryNoel (07-13-2012)
Old 07-13-2012, 03:36 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,300 Times in 5,928 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Today the office where I work closed early---it wasn't scheduled, so that was a nice surprise! And the weather is beautiful for a summer day.

I also met the love of my life on a Friday the 13th.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (07-13-2012), MerryNoel (07-13-2012)
Old 07-13-2012, 03:44 PM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 51,986 Times in 9,434 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
That is awesome, MerryCarey!

I was born on the 13th, so was my brother and my grandmother.

Today has been good for me so far. I am a little tired but off work and no babysitting the grandchildren so I have been resting. It's been a great day of relaxation!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (07-13-2012), MerryCarey (07-13-2012), MerryNoel (07-13-2012)
Old 07-13-2012, 03:57 PM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,468 Times in 1,754 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
My divorce came through on a Friday 13th!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-13-2012, 05:20 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,276 Times in 13,281 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I got to work today!
Old 07-13-2012, 06:14 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,459 Times in 328 Posts
MerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to others
My niece was born on the 13th... and her 13th birthday was on a FRIDAY
Old 07-13-2012, 06:45 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I have to add a P.S.---a couple of bad-luck-turns-to-good-luck items I had today.

I had ordered two Christmas CDs from Amazon as a little Christmas in July treat for myself. The original estimated delivery was tomorrow, but they arrived today (good luck). The bad luck was that Amazon's carrier, LaserShip, apparently just flung the package out of their truck window into our driveway instead of leaving it at the doorstep (and on a hot day, too). But the good luck was that Mr. saw the package before he ran over it, and the CDs were unharmed, so I guess I should count that as a little Christmas in July miracle.

The further good luck is that I beefed to Amazon's customer service, because I felt they really needed to know how negligent their carrier was. Amazon issued me a $10 promotional certificate as an apology. So it pays to complain. I also submitted a strong beef to LaserShip's customer service online---I hope they'll realize that that sort of delivery policy isn't going to win them any confidence from customers. So some bad luck on Friday the 13th, but everything turned out all right after all.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Meceka (07-14-2012), MerryNoel (07-13-2012)
Old 07-13-2012, 06:57 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,459 Times in 328 Posts
MerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to others
What CD's did you get MerryCarey?
Old 07-13-2012, 07:01 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by MerryNoel View Post
What CD's did you get MerryCarey?
These (haven't heard them yet---I'll probably listen to them during commutes next week):

Old 07-13-2012, 09:59 PM
Christmasologist

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,049 Times in 257 Posts
lilnoelelf is a good elflilnoelelf is a good elflilnoelelf is a good elflilnoelelf is a good elflilnoelelf is a good elflilnoelelf is a good elflilnoelelf is a good elflilnoelelf is a good elflilnoelelf is a good elflilnoelelf is a good elf
Well folks we got the word today that my DH will be contacted on the First of Aug. and then go start his new job that pays ALOT more than what he is makin now. thanks for all the well wishes and prayers!!!