Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Traditions & Memories » Memory from Childhood Christmas

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Traditions & Memories This forum area discusses all the time honored traditions of Christmas. From Christmas trees to mistletoe to great fun with Santa these topics bring us together and inspire great celebration year round. We relish learning of Christmas from all parts of the world and sharing unique cultural traditions from all over. Share your ideas and fond memories here!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,079
Threads: 53,839
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, MistleToeSnow

Old 07-19-2012, 10:45 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,272 Times in 13,280 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
so many wonderful memories! Thank you for sharing them, made me teary eyed and brought on smiles!
Old 07-19-2012, 10:54 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,272 Times in 13,280 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
In our house Christmas was always special. Lots of food, big tree, family and friends and many gifts.
Church on Christmas morning, the smell of turkey baking in the oven when we got home.
The music the movies (at that time it was whatever was on tv since videos did not exist then.)
Family games around the table, puzzles to put together new toys to play with and books to read.
It was great!
Old 07-20-2012, 10:38 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,509 Times in 920 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
Growing up it was usually just me and my parents on Christmas Eve/Day until my teenage years.

I can vividly remember my mom in the kitchen busy making Christmas cookies in the week leading up to Christmas. Christmas Eve usually found me sitting under or next to the tree watching Christmas specials on TV while my parents were in he kitchen prepping the turkey that would get popped into the oven around 6 am.

My teenage years were completely different with my parents divorced and money very tight. Some years we didnt have Christmas.

Now that I have my own family, hubby and I make sure we do extra special things with kids, some new & some tradional things and hope and pray that when they are older they will look back at their childhood Christmases with fond memories.
The Following User Says Thank You to Minta For This Useful Post:
ILuvChristmas (08-21-2012)
Old 08-08-2012, 06:46 AM
*The Christmas Queen* -- Hostess, Real Halloween.com

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,113 Times in 546 Posts
JanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the tree
Thats really sweet Minta that you are making sure your kids have special Christmas memories. Coming from a divorced family myself, I know hard that can be. I too try to make sure Christmas is very special for our kids.
Its nice remembering fond memories of past Christmas's .....

♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}
Old 09-13-2012, 09:06 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

novelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elf
I have so many special memories of Christmas when I was a kid. My all time favorite Christmas was the year I got my Thumbulina Doll. She was more than a doll to me, she was "my baby". My parents made the holidays so special for me and my four sisters. My mother had a beautiful poinsettia table cloth that she would put on the dining room table every year. I can still see the table filled with cookies and candies, my mother bought ribbon candy every year. Now that my parents are both deceased, I have the poinsettia tablecloth. I put it on my buffet table for Christmas every year. OH! What memories it brings to me!
Old 09-17-2012, 07:32 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 9,637 Times in 1,569 Posts
Festive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the Wisemen
I have quite a few wonderful childhood christmas memories. My mum and dad always made sure my brother and I had the best christmas. I will always remember lots of laughter, togetherness, playful bickering, magic and excitement.

After my Daddy died when I was 9, my mother, bless her heart, always did her best to make sure we had a special christmas.

There are alot of memories but the first one that came to mind was us listening to Mickey's Christmas Carol on my dad's old record player every christmas eve before bed. It's a memroy that I have before my dad's passing as well as after, a tradition that we kept well past our childhood days ........

and now....I have the DVD version and I watch it on christmas eve with my husband and our boys, it brings back such warm memories form days gone by while building on new memories with my own children.
The Following User Says Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
almcg (09-18-2012)
Old 09-18-2012, 08:29 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

almcg has shown a merry dispositionalmcg has shown a merry dispositionalmcg has shown a merry dispositionalmcg has shown a merry disposition
When I look back on my childhood Christmases I can remember the feeling of being safe, warm and cosy. We spent Christmas Day with my Grandparents, Aunties and cousins. My Gran was a fantastic cook and her house was filled with wonderful smells. In fact I only have to smell cloves and I'm transported back to her kitchen. I can only hope my DD12 can look back on her childhood Christmases with the same fondness when she's older
The Following User Says Thank You to almcg For This Useful Post:
frostyman (09-18-2012)