Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,976
Threads: 53,448
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,132)
Welcome to our newest member, Johnmak
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
What exactly is an elf?
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:47 PM
56,383 Views  0 Posts
What is Santa's favorite...
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:50 PM
45,998 Views  0 Posts
Diary of a Snow Shoveler
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 06:38 PM
0 Posts
Martha Stewart's...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 06:37 PM
Last post by Stnicholas01
07-18-2013 01:37 PM
66,261 Views  1 Posts
"Christmas Every Day"...
By MerryCarey
10-28-2011 02:23 PM
65,880 Views  0 Posts

Old 07-21-2012, 07:28 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,459 Times in 328 Posts
MerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to others
How do Moms do it?

Balance everything and not go INSANE... yikes....
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MerryNoel For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (07-27-2012), sugar142286 (07-22-2012), trackrebel (07-23-2012)
Old 07-22-2012, 06:49 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,494 Times in 9,045 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
It's a tough but very rewarding job. Not sure what to advise you, I always just went with the flow and did the best I could. You just have to get a routine down and take care of yourself as well!

My kids are both grown and graduated from college. Looking back, I sometimes said the heck with little things that had to be taken care of in the house and took the kids out to play, read to them, play games and more. It was more fun that way and they still have fond memories of what we did. They never looked back and said, "wow mom, you washed dishes or did laundry" Ha ha! They remember the fun stuff we did and the good times we had. I just didn't put a lot of pressure on myself. Don't get me wrong! I know responsibilities must be done and of course anything to do with the well being of your children (feeding them, keeping them clean, healthy, etc). Occasionally it's okay to let the little things go and enjoy life! You will feel better and so will your children.

Good luck and hope things work out for you!!!

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (07-23-2012), Christmasstar (07-27-2012), MerryNoel (07-22-2012), MsChristmas (07-23-2012), Solice (07-28-2012), Spyells (09-26-2012), sugar142286 (07-22-2012)
Old 07-22-2012, 08:25 AM
North Pole's RN

Last Achievements

Thanked 77,108 Times in 13,244 Posts
sugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I agree with CAH. There are days I think the samething to myself, I just don't know how I'm going to do it, then I just do the little stuff and go play with them.

I thank God, I have a wonderful husband and they have a great father, who I always willing to help, which I know all mom's don't have. With me working nights and overtime some, it makes it harder at times for me to find time for everything, but it just works. Good luck!

The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.
- Burton Hillis

Last edited by sugar142286; 08-26-2012 at 12:10 PM. Reason: I never proofread first :)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sugar142286 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (07-27-2012), MerryNoel (07-22-2012), MsChristmas (07-23-2012), Solice (07-28-2012), Spyells (09-26-2012)
Old 07-22-2012, 07:06 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

MerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to others
thanks ladies I think my problem is I might let the little things slide too often

some days I am just so tired.. I forget to take care of me...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MerryNoel For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (07-27-2012), Solice (07-28-2012), sugar142286 (08-26-2012)
Old 07-23-2012, 10:24 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,470 Times in 911 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
Not sure how old your kids are but if they are old enough and don't already have any, it might be a good time to assign chores to them.
Our kids are 5 and 10 and they each their own chores they are to do daily/weekly.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Minta For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (07-27-2012), MerryNoel (07-24-2012), Solice (07-28-2012), sugar142286 (08-26-2012)
Old 07-23-2012, 01:20 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,111 Times in 3,695 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
i do it like CAH....I do the most necessary things...clean the house, doin the laundry....but Im nowhere near being a perfect housewife......actually I am far from it....lol....but the house is ok...I just rather play with her and do things....like today....I could have done work in the house....but we rather went to the public pool....now that the weather is finally good....I dont know....I just often dont think too much about it and just do what i feel like

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (07-27-2012), MerryNoel (07-24-2012), MsChristmas (07-23-2012), Solice (07-28-2012), sugar142286 (08-26-2012)
Old 07-23-2012, 01:51 PM
Princess of Christmas =0)
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,797 Times in 1,093 Posts
MsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the tree
Come up with a routine and go with the flow =0) and dont forget to sometimes do something for yourself! I just started doing that (giving my Husband a little more responsibility when it comes to the kids because it was wearing me down and doing a little something for myself).. it feels good to go out and get your hair done or meet my Mom for lunch or just something little once in a while. A short break will surely help. I try to do chores when the kids are taking naps or in bed at night.. I try to do something small around the house each morning before they wake up that way I dont have a lot of household stuff to do all weekend. Good luck and it can only get easier.. at least this is what I tell myself haha

There's no place like Home for the Holidays!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MsChristmas For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (07-27-2012), MerryNoel (07-24-2012), Solice (07-28-2012), sugar142286 (08-26-2012)
Old 07-27-2012, 05:00 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,091 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
it's hard isn't it? of course it's so rewarding and they won't be little forever, everything is just a phase so try and appreciate the little things and savour the wonderful days.

don't be afraid to ask for help from friends and family members, maybe delegate more responsibility to hubby, and make sure you definitely take some time out for yourself every now and then, maybe get a massage, have a girly night out or just a nice meal with your hubby.

just take each day as it comes, try to not sweat the little things, enjoy the kids and always remember you are doing a wonderful job and your kids love you dearly. xxx

Despite my username, I am female!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JOHNOR For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (07-27-2012), MerryNoel (07-27-2012), Solice (07-28-2012), sugar142286 (08-26-2012), trackrebel (07-28-2012)
Old 07-27-2012, 06:31 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Oh Thanks Johnor
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MerryNoel For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (07-27-2012), JOHNOR (07-28-2012), Solice (07-28-2012), sugar142286 (08-26-2012)
Old 07-27-2012, 07:04 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,230 Times in 12,639 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I have been a single mom since my youngest was only 7 years old (he is 24 now)
It takes a lot of love, humour and self control.
There were days when my house looked like a wind storm went through it, when going through the laundry meant finding an item that was least dirty to wear.
When a treat was I had enough flour and sugar to bake biscuits and the kids loved it.
An outing everyone got excited about was going to a new playground!
The kids learned from an early age to help around the house. They all did thier own laundry by the time they were 10. Dishes were done standing on a chair and sitting on the counter.
Baking cookies meant maxing a double batch so that one would end up baked. Making pizza got 4 little ones of what ever shape they designed and it took an hour to clean the kitchen after they were eaten.
Gingerbread house making took an entire day and more candy got eaten than went on the house.
TGIF night was a make the popcorn and stay up late night.

Of course there were the days when I fully understood why some animals ate their young! And the times when I so desperately wanted someone to say, "go and relax, I will deal with this!"

But you take the bad with the good, forget the bad and rejoice at the good times!
Love them, hug them, encourage them and discipline them when needed. (but never discipline in front of anyone, always in private)
Cry with them, laugh with them and be serious with them.
Let them see that you are human and have feelings. Talk about everything, explain the whys and why not.
Take them to a museum, a zoo, and a library.

Before you know it this time will be past, keep an up to date photo album.

Last edited by Christmasstar; 07-27-2012 at 07:07 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
Head Elf (08-13-2012), MerryNoel (07-27-2012), Solice (07-28-2012), Spyells (09-26-2012), sugar142286 (08-26-2012), whitney37354 (07-30-2012)