Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Traditions & Memories » The Magic of Christmas Memories...

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Traditions & Memories This forum area discusses all the time honored traditions of Christmas. From Christmas trees to mistletoe to great fun with Santa these topics bring us together and inspire great celebration year round. We relish learning of Christmas from all parts of the world and sharing unique cultural traditions from all over. Share your ideas and fond memories here!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,090
Threads: 53,930
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,812)
Welcome to our newest member, flockman02

Old 10-06-2007, 09:40 AM
Santa Clausologist

officepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elf
Originally Posted by JOHNOR View Post
i am so sorry to hear about your friend, you speak so much sense.
Thank you! Suicide never makes sense to me. I don't know why people don't reach out. They would see how much people love them and are willing to help!

I have made a point to tell everyone that I love just how much so they know NOW! I guess that might be the lesson that needed to be learned when something so tragic happens.

Diana

Old 10-07-2007, 04:11 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Head Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happy
I too remember sitting at the kids table and wishing I could sit with the grownups and be a part of them. Now, being the grownup I would rather sit at the kids table. I never realized how much fun we had and the laughter and the mischief. Your story brought back many memories of family members that are no longer with me. I treasure the stories that I do remember and all the pictures that were taken. I know that I am older but now that my mother is gone, it's almost like my whole family is gone. My brother is in one state, my aunts and uncles are in others. The cousins don't keep in touch anymore, it's just the Christmas Card routine.
I agree that we should tell those close to us exactly how we feel and not worry what others might think. This year I am going to set out pictures of those in my family circle (friends and relatives), so we all can enjoy Christmas, with memories past, present and those in the future.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:58 PM
Merry Forums Twinkle Light Checker
Last Achievements

holidaytwinkle5289 has shown a merry dispositionholidaytwinkle5289 has shown a merry dispositionholidaytwinkle5289 has shown a merry disposition
That was a beautiful story..
It made me tear up...
My family had similar christmas celebrations like that.
I'm 18 now and I still have pretty good christmas celebrations with my family.
But they are nothing like the ones I had between the ages of 5 and 12.
Thank you for sharing that..
It took me back and reminded me how blessed I am to have a great family with me during the holidays.

God Bless You.

__________________________________________________ _

Don't forget about holiday past for it shapes your holiday future...
Old 10-13-2007, 12:46 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

maurakl has shown a merry disposition
holly That was beautiful

Like many others said, you have a way with words. I could see the scene and smell the scents. Thank you for sharing that with us.

Maura