Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Home & Family » Hosting Christmas for the first time this year, how do I fit everyone in?

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,975
Threads: 53,447
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,108)
Welcome to our newest member, Angelfrog
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
“On the Feast of...
By MerryCarey
05-21-2012 11:11 AM
30,107 Views  0 Posts
Sam's First Christmas
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:23 PM
48,426 Views  0 Posts
The Christmas Pickle
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:10 PM
51,556 Views  0 Posts
Questions from a First...
By MMc Editor
06-11-2002 05:00 PM
60,007 Views  0 Posts
Fred Claus (Movie Review)
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 08:47 PM
53,460 Views  0 Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-2012, 11:55 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,091 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
Hosting Christmas for the first time this year, how do I fit everyone in?

hi guys,

title says it all really, how do i do it? got inlaws, divorced parents, large extended family etc... every year since our daughter was born we rush around on christmas day trying to fit everyone in, up and out by 9am and don't get home until 8pm, it's stressful and it isn't fair to our daughter, who is at a wondeful age for christmas this year and will want to be at home with her toys.

we just got a house (in an apartment at the minute) and we move in, in september. it's a nice size, but not big enough to invite everybody at once.

my mum & dad are divorced, my mum would rather jump off a cliff than spend christmas day with my dad! since mum and dad split, my sister and i would spend christmas day with him and his family, and now i think it's time my mum got to have a christmas day with her kids, so mum will definitely be coming to me this year for christmas lunch, as will my sister, aunt, my cousin and her 2 kids.

inlaws are lovely people, but very different to my side of the family, plus brother in law is extremely anti social and also wouldn't want to eat dinner at our house, he is very fussy and always cooks christmas dinner at his parent's house so it wouldn't work inviting my side of the family and my fiance's side of the family at the same time.

my dad may very possibly be going abroad this year for christmas, if he doesn't i will have to see him at some point on christmas day as he'll really want to see my daughter.

i was thinking of inviting inlaws for a special champagne christmas breakfast around 10am on christmas morning, so they get a couple of hours with us and DD, then visiting my dad and exchanging gifts from about 12.30pm until 2pm, then going back home for dinner with my mum and my side of the family. boxing day (26th dec) is a big deal in the U.K so was thinking we could visit DH's extended family on boxing day, or do a gathering for them at our house?

i just know someone on either side of our families won't be too happy about the arrangements somewhere along the line, but i feel it's important to start creating our own traditions and spend christmas in our own home.

i know it's only august, but december will be here before we know it. do you think what i'm proposing is fair? how do you work it so everyone gets to see eachother?

Despite my username, I am female!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JOHNOR For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (08-22-2012), Holiday (08-06-2012), Meceka (08-06-2012), snowflake22 (08-05-2012)