Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Other Holidays > Halloween » What's your first sign of Halloween 2012?!?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Halloween Spooks hover here! This merry section of the forum is dedicated to talking about our ideas, plans, thoughts and observations of a great day of Fall that just happens to lead right into the Christmas season.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,132
Threads: 54,249
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,728)
Welcome to our newest member, elf princess

Old 08-14-2012, 12:00 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

KWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elf
What's your first sign of Halloween 2012?!?

It finally occurred!! I caught my first glimpse of Halloween 2012!!

I had noted in a previous thread about 2 or 3 weeks ago that Hobby Lobby was setting out their Halloween items, but it's such a paltry selection (especially when compared to their Fall and Christmas stuff) that I don't consider it a true "sign" of Halloween arriving (they are always "first" anyway).

Instead, just a couple days ago, I was inside a local gas station, and they had just set up a little display stand showcasing this year's batch of "Halloween Reese's Cups"!! Oooh, so delicious. I immediately bought a couple, and I'm saving one of them...I need to take a picture and upload it: it's like a little slice of Fall.

I decorate more for the Fall than for Halloween, but I enjoy Halloween in the context of it harolding cooler weather, as a prelude to Christmas. Plus, I expect my local Walgreens to have decorations set up here by the end of the month!

So what's your first glimpse of Halloween?!?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KWasser For This Useful Post:
Christmas-A-Holic (08-15-2012), Holiday (08-17-2012), loksi (08-15-2012), snowflake22 (08-15-2012), xmastidings (08-14-2012)

Old 08-14-2012, 01:42 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 13,152 Times in 2,246 Posts
xmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemen
Last night, The wife and I went to White marsh mall, MD, and Kirklands had their Halloween stuff out and I was loving it. I believe I may be going back there a pick up a couple of things later on. Also, Michaels Arts and Crafts has their Halloween stuff out, last weekend when I was there....
The Following User Says Thank You to xmastidings For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (08-15-2012)
Old 08-15-2012, 08:07 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,651 Times in 585 Posts
whitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnog
Lowe's had their Halloween inflatables up on Saturday.
The Following User Says Thank You to whitney37354 For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (08-15-2012)
Old 08-15-2012, 09:52 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster
Last Achievements

jinglebellrock512 has shown a merry dispositionjinglebellrock512 has shown a merry dispositionjinglebellrock512 has shown a merry dispositionjinglebellrock512 has shown a merry dispositionjinglebellrock512 has shown a merry disposition
I live in a small south GA town and we are seeing signs of Pumpkin Patches! Also, some of the local stores are getting in their fall and halloween decor and I'm LOVING it!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jinglebellrock512 For This Useful Post:
Holiday (08-17-2012), snowflake22 (08-15-2012)
Old 08-15-2012, 11:16 AM
is waiting for Fall
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,862 Times in 1,106 Posts
MerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to others
Our first sign of Halloween this year was the huge temporary sign at the Mall for Spirit Halloween Store.
The Following User Says Thank You to MerryBells For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (08-15-2012)
Old 08-15-2012, 02:02 PM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 54,091 Times in 9,796 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Hobby Lobby, Dollar Tree and Cracker Barrel gift shop are the places I have seen Halloween! I am so excited!!!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Holiday (08-17-2012), loksi (08-16-2012), snowflake22 (08-15-2012)
Old 08-17-2012, 07:20 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,911 Times in 3,910 Posts
George Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the Wisemen
I bought a bag of Candy Corn last Saturday...
Holiday (08-17-2012), snowflake22 (09-06-2012)
Old 08-17-2012, 08:08 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 24,915 Times in 4,084 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by George Broderick, Jr. View Post
I bought a bag of Candy Corn last Saturday...
Mmmmmm!

The Following User Says Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (09-06-2012)
Old 08-19-2012, 11:30 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

leah has shown a merry dispositionleah has shown a merry disposition
I saw Halloween candles at Yankee Candle yesterday..
The Following User Says Thank You to leah For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (09-06-2012)
Old 08-19-2012, 01:10 PM
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
The spirit halloween store is readying to open in town
snowflake22 (09-06-2012)