Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Traditions & Memories » Christmas Pet Traditions

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Traditions & Memories This forum area discusses all the time honored traditions of Christmas. From Christmas trees to mistletoe to great fun with Santa these topics bring us together and inspire great celebration year round. We relish learning of Christmas from all parts of the world and sharing unique cultural traditions from all over. Share your ideas and fond memories here!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,078
Threads: 53,833
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, JoseChung

Old 09-15-2011, 06:05 PM
Mistletoeologist

hilarios has shown a merry dispositionhilarios has shown a merry dispositionhilarios has shown a merry dispositionhilarios has shown a merry dispositionhilarios has shown a merry disposition
My two get gifts on St. Nicks day so their Christmas stuffies are shredded by Christmas and enjoyed.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:05 AM
Christmas Decoration Expert
Last Achievements

JeanetteDi has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by hilarios View Post
My two get gifts on St. Nicks day so their Christmas stuffies are shredded by Christmas and enjoyed.
Oh my goodness, your icon of your dog is sooo cute and festive.
The Following User Says Thank You to JeanetteDi For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (08-15-2012)
Old 10-26-2011, 09:41 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

SilentNight490 has shown a merry disposition
I have 4 cats. They each get their own stocking and several presents under the tree. If the presents under the tree have catnip under them they usually open them by themselves before Christmas lol.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:17 PM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

HolyNight7 has shown a merry dispositionHolyNight7 has shown a merry dispositionHolyNight7 has shown a merry dispositionHolyNight7 has shown a merry dispositionHolyNight7 has shown a merry disposition
More Pet Talk

I have to admit, I'm surprised there isn't more talk about pets at Christmas time. I had two Shih Tzus many years ago. They had their own stockings with their names on them and they always got presents for Christmas. It's taken me many years until I could open my heart to have another dog. I now have a 7 month old Shih Tzu named Teddy. I've had him since he was 7 weeks old. This Christmas will be his first and I'm lookig forward to it for him.

I have no doubt that Teddy Bear will have no problem opening his own presents. Especially since he will be allowed to rip at paper. He's more mischievious then my other two were. It should be interesting. He's cute as all get out and he has me and his pop pop wrapped around his paws. He sitting here giving me kisses while I'm typing this.

It's Santa Paws at our house this year provided Teddy stays off the naughty list.
ballcoach (09-11-2012), caninemom3 (09-11-2012), snowflake22 (09-12-2012)
Old 09-11-2012, 07:42 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 27,322 Times in 4,540 Posts
ballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
So, I've been reading this to my wife and we have decided that we are going to give our dogs their presents early....like two days before Christmas so we can enjoy them. Seems like when we give them their gifts on Christmas, we play for a little while and then go to sleep (us, not the dogs).

This was a great thread.

Have glove will travel
The Following User Says Thank You to ballcoach For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (09-12-2012)
Old 09-12-2012, 04:16 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

novelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elf
Our cat Oliver gets his own Christmas stocking. My husband and i get as much enjoyment watching Oliver play with his toys from Santa, as we get from giving gifts to eachother.
The Following User Says Thank You to novelist For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (09-12-2012)
Old 09-12-2012, 09:42 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster
Last Achievements

Ddeby has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by SilentNight490 View Post
I have 4 cats. They each get their own stocking and several presents under the tree. If the presents under the tree have catnip under them they usually open them by themselves before Christmas lol.
I have 2 cats and I deliberately put a catnip toy under the tree on Christmas Eve (knowing full well they'll tear it apart). Then when the kids wake up on Christmas morning they get a kick out of seeing that the cats couldn't wait any long to open their gifts from Santa - LOL!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Ddeby For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (09-12-2012)