Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Movies » Has anybody started watching any Christmas movies yet?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Movies From 100+ year old silent films to new releases here we discussed the good, the bad and the ugly of Christmas at the movies.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,097
Threads: 53,979
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,477)
Welcome to our newest member, AmyHardy

Old 09-14-2012, 07:06 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger
Last Achievements

Leighlansmummyx has shown a merry disposition
santahat Has anybody started watching any Christmas movies yet?

my 2 year old son watched its a very merry muppet christmas movie this morning ... x
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Leighlansmummyx For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (09-15-2012), Festive Spirit (09-14-2012), made582 (09-15-2012), sugar142286 (09-14-2012)

Old 09-14-2012, 07:48 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,656 Times in 5,994 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I've watched a couple recently because I'm writing about a few Christmas films and I had to refresh my memory. I also ordered a DVD of a 1955 telecast of "Amahl and the Night Visitors," and I couldn't resist watching it as soon as it came. I was familiar with the music, but had never seen it staged.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following User Says Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
sugar142286 (09-14-2012)
Old 09-14-2012, 08:11 AM
North Pole's RN

Last Achievements

Thanked 86,098 Times in 15,238 Posts
sugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I've been watching some Christmas/winter related things with my kids, but nothing too much for myself yet. I do love all things Christmas though, so I don't care what it is. End of October I will be going full swing with Christmas programming!

The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.
- Burton Hillis
The Following User Says Thank You to sugar142286 For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (09-15-2012)
Old 09-14-2012, 09:19 AM
Emerging from the Cave
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,124 Times in 694 Posts
Courtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happy
I watched Christmas Vacation on VH1 last week, but they sped up the movie and made the voices sound like chipmunks, so I didn't enjoy it much.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:32 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 9,638 Times in 1,569 Posts
Festive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the Wisemen
A few weeks ago I watched Beethoven Saves Christmas. It was actually reallly enjoyable and very christmassy! But I will most likely start watching christmas from about mid november when Movies24 become Christmas24. I usually save my favourites for the month of December......don't knwo if I can wait that long though
The Following User Says Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
sugar142286 (09-14-2012)
Old 09-14-2012, 11:11 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,656 Times in 5,994 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Festive Spirit View Post
I usually save my favourites for the month of December......don't knwo if I can wait that long though
Why wait?

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following User Says Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
sugar142286 (09-14-2012)
Old 09-14-2012, 11:41 AM
North Pole's RN

Last Achievements

Thanked 86,098 Times in 15,238 Posts
sugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
I watched Christmas Vacation on VH1 last week, but they sped up the movie and made the voices sound like chipmunks, so I didn't enjoy it much.
That is weird. I would have been disappointed as well. When they show it on tv, they always leave out the good parts, but I would have been really bummed if I were you too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.
- Burton Hillis
Old 09-14-2012, 10:16 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

Christmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnog
I set a goal this year to watch one Christmas movie a week for all of 2012. I haven't watched this weeks Christmas movie yet but I've watched one a week since Jan.1st. (:
Old 09-14-2012, 11:12 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 12,855 Times in 2,189 Posts
xmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemen
I was watching them all thru the year untill just recently. I will most likely hold off now from watching any untill it gets around Thanksgiving.

"Yes, I know, I'm starving my inner child, my happiness...", but I am helping to create a longing for what I desire the most (It's kind of like a long vacation/ extended work trip from your special someone; it sort of helps to build up that longing, expectation and excitement for when the time comes when you will be with them again.)

And in the mean time, I can slowly build up to my starting day (Which is Thanksgiving night) by watching Halloween movies and then Thanksgiving movies; like the peanuts specials and such.... After that it's Christmas movies 24/7....

Of course, everbodys different, and that's fine, this is just what I do to help build a little more excitement into things.....
The Following User Says Thank You to xmastidings For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (09-15-2012)
Old 09-15-2012, 12:21 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger
Last Achievements

christmasdisplays.co.nz has shown a merry disposition
...started? I don't stop. I love the Santa Claus series and watch them all the time. Last week the kids and I watched Peanuts Christmas too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to christmasdisplays.co.nz For This Useful Post:
Christmas24/7 (09-17-2012), made582 (09-15-2012)