Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » black and white

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,851
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,200)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 10-15-2007, 08:41 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

kgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by kidzrme View Post
I DO NOT like black and white for Christmas! I guess that I am just a traditionalist.

I feel the same way.

Old 10-16-2007, 12:28 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

Iron Eagle has shown a merry dispositionIron Eagle has shown a merry dispositionIron Eagle has shown a merry dispositionIron Eagle has shown a merry dispositionIron Eagle has shown a merry disposition
star

Red and Green - Yes

Black and White - not interested.

Colors, lots of colors for my lights. But everyother year we do white lights, at Mrs.Eagle's request.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:18 AM
Santa Clausologist

caseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elf
bell

Originally Posted by ChristmasSpirit76 View Post
I was in Wal-mart today in (Maine) and they are starting to put up christmas stuff. I saw that one of the new themes for this year is Black and White. They had black decorations, Black reindeer, Black stockings, white stockings and many ornaments in a black and white theme. I for one don't find it very christmasy. Hmm is it just me or does anyone like this type of theme. I am always one who loves colors, bright shiny objects, and many different styles country, victorian, traditional, and a few untraditional things to but not black and white
I'm w/ you, thats not very Christmasy. Red, green, white, gold, silver, color all the way!
Old 10-16-2007, 12:56 PM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

scooterbugs25 has shown a merry dispositionscooterbugs25 has shown a merry dispositionscooterbugs25 has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by kgstyles View Post
I feel the same way.
me three
Old 10-17-2007, 05:28 AM

little miss icequeen has shown a merry dispositionlittle miss icequeen has shown a merry disposition
The black/white theme has been on the market here in Europe for 2-3 years now. It can be very elegant but of course it is not for everyone.
Last year we had a large black tree in the shop and I decorated it with black, red and silver and white lights. A man came in and bought it, the whole tree with the decorations, and I went to his house and decorated it there. To see a large black tree with theese colors in a beautiful livingroom was really elegant.
When it is decorated nicely you donīt think of it as something black.

Iīve had a black/dark purple tree for 3 years and I think itīs beautiful. I have been decorating it with multicolored lights and multicolored glitterballs, very pretty.
This year it will stand next to my new big limegreen tree with hot pink and silver ornaments, and I want to try to decorate the black tree with multicolerd shiny umbrellas.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:25 AM
Santa Clausologist

officepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elf
Originally Posted by little miss icequeen View Post
The black/white theme has been on the market here in Europe for 2-3 years now. It can be very elegant but of course it is not for everyone.
Last year we had a large black tree in the shop and I decorated it with black, red and silver and white lights. A man came in and bought it, the whole tree with the decorations, and I went to his house and decorated it there. To see a large black tree with theese colors in a beautiful livingroom was really elegant.
When it is decorated nicely you donīt think of it as something black.

Iīve had a black/dark purple tree for 3 years and I think itīs beautiful. I have been decorating it with multicolored lights and multicolored glitterballs, very pretty.
This year it will stand next to my new big limegreen tree with hot pink and silver ornaments, and I want to try to decorate the black tree with multicolerd shiny umbrellas.
Please take a picture and let us see it!!!!

Diana
Old 10-17-2007, 06:37 AM

little miss icequeen has shown a merry dispositionlittle miss icequeen has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by officepro4u View Post
Please take a picture and let us see it!!!!

Diana
I will
Love seeing pictures of everyone elses trees so I will take a picture of mine and show you.
Iīm planning on decorate this weekend.....
Old 10-18-2007, 10:56 PM
Christmasologist

Last Achievements

Storeytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by Head Elf View Post
I for one am going to do a black and white tree this year. I find it elegant (maybe not the same as red/green, or silver and gold) but just like the blue themed trees and purple themed trees, it isn't for everyone. I am going to add red pointsettias to it to add some Christmas color. I am not using the black tree skirt, I have a silver and white one. The stockings I bought are also silver and white. The ornaments are going to be crystals, white shiny and matte balls, some black ribbon. Something different to try. If it doesn't look right It won't happen again. But next to my white fireplace and white Santa I'm hoping it will look ok.
I was going to say that the black and white wasnt' for me either till I read your post. That does sound very interesting with the red poinsettas. I'll be looking forward to your pictures.