Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Around the World » Celebrating Christmas in the UK

Christmas Around the World These Merry Forums now support members from all over the world. We have many active members from the UK, Australia, South America, Canada and all over Europe. Since most of our areas tend to concentrate on the American traditions of Christmas we dedicate this area for discussion of Christmas around the world.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,434
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,754)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Early Word on Black...
By MMC Editor
10-11-2011 05:07 AM
48,498 Views  0 Posts
Lower Your Thanksgiving...
By MMC Editor
11-20-2011 01:48 PM
49,913 Views  0 Posts
There's Something About...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:38 PM
40,705 Views  0 Posts
That's How You Eat Gravy
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:42 PM
46,015 Views  0 Posts
How to Make Craft...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:04 PM
44,058 Views  0 Posts

Old 09-25-2012, 05:09 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 7,975 Times in 1,269 Posts
Festive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the tree
holly Celebrating Christmas in the UK??

Hello !

I just thought it might be nice to start a thread for those of us celebrating Christmas in the UK. Everyone is welcome ofcourse ,regardless of where you are from!

I am in the North West of England. Where is everyone else from??

I noticed the dates for the Christmas Markets the other day and got all excited! Do you all go to any?

Looking forward to meeting you all..........
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (10-26-2012), Sanity Clause (12-02-2012), Solice (10-01-2012), Undrtakr (09-25-2012)
Old 09-25-2012, 06:31 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Festive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the tree
Also it's been confirmed that Movies 24 will become Christmas24 from November 12th to Jan 05th showing Christmas movies around the clock.

If anyone else has any info to add then please do........
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (10-26-2012), Solice (10-01-2012)
Old 09-25-2012, 06:35 AM
Official button pusher!

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,908 Times in 1,066 Posts
Undrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by Festive Spirit View Post
Hello !

I just thought it might be nice to start a thread for those of us celebrating Christmas in the UK. Everyone is welcome ofcourse ,regardless of where you are from!

I am in the North West of England. Where is everyone else from??

I noticed the dates for the Christmas Markets the other day and got all excited! Do you all go to any?

Looking forward to meeting you all..........
Welcome! Always nice to see new faces here.

Here in London Ontario Canada we don't have Christmas markets. But we do have a 24/7 small Christmas store. Its nice to visit and has a Santa on the roof at all times.
Thank you, Louann. We will never forget you!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Undrtakr For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 02:39 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Undrtakr View Post
Welcome! Always nice to see new faces here.

Here in London Ontario Canada we don't have Christmas markets. But we do have a 24/7 small Christmas store. Its nice to visit and has a Santa on the roof at all times.
Wow a 24/7 Christmas Store! Thats sounds awesome!

The Christmas Markets are a tradition here. There are various stalls with handmade crafts and ornaments , food, sweet treats ,continental cheeses and sausages, christmas trees and delicious festive drinks along with lots of other things too. There is always lots of christmas music in the background and it's always so christmassy!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
ChristmasSpirit76 (11-13-2012), Christmasstar (10-26-2012), Solice (10-01-2012)
Old 09-28-2012, 07:06 AM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,403 Times in 1,734 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
Hey! I live in Scotland (Canadian but it's a long story!) I think the Christmas markets are a regional thing because they aren't huge up here. There's a big German one in Edinburgh but that's about it.

True Movies just had a weekend of Christmas movies to get us in the mood, so to speak, and QVC also had a Christmas weekend.

My son was in London the other day and took pictures of the Harrods Christmas display so it's all starting!!!!!!!!

Glad you've joined us!
Old 09-28-2012, 08:16 AM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,403 Times in 1,734 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
There's quite a lot here from the UK so you'll fit right in!!!
Old 09-30-2012, 02:41 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger
Last Achievements

Leighlansmummyx has shown a merry disposition
im in the west midlands i work for Asda & theyve got all the tins of chocolates in & christmassy candles in i bought some christmassy candles on friday & got them lit now ... x
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leighlansmummyx For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2012, 05:24 PM
Merry Forums Newbie

Olly has shown a merry disposition
I'm from England. I went to a Christmas market about six years ago, but haven't been to one since. This thread has definitely inspired me to go to one (or a few ) this year though
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Olly For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2012, 01:40 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Maureen View Post
Hey! I live in Scotland (Canadian but it's a long story!) I think the Christmas markets are a regional thing because they aren't huge up here. There's a big German one in Edinburgh but that's about it.

True Movies just had a weekend of Christmas movies to get us in the mood, so to speak, and QVC also had a Christmas weekend.

My son was in London the other day and took pictures of the Harrods Christmas display so it's all starting!!!!!!!!

Glad you've joined us!
Ohhh no I didn't know about that True Movies Christmas Weekend. It's not a channel I watch so I had no idea! Oh wow I bet the Harrods display is amazing !
The Following User Says Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (10-26-2012)
Old 10-06-2012, 01:41 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Leighlansmummyx View Post
im in the west midlands i work for Asda & theyve got all the tins of chocolates in & christmassy candles in i bought some christmassy candles on friday & got them lit now ... x
I'll have to pick up some candles ! I bet it is getting really busy at your work now with all the christmas stock as well as Halloween stock coming in!
The Following User Says Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (10-26-2012)