Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Other Holidays > Thanksgiving » what you watch on thanksgiving?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Thanksgiving Real Thanksgiving Thanksgiving is where Christmas really begins. Presented by Real Thanksgiving, this topic explores the activities, the foods, the entertainment and the family time of this classic American holiday.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,079
Threads: 53,841
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, MistleToeSnow

Old 09-26-2012, 12:57 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

Lacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elf
I watch the Macy's parade and my husband usually watches football.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:33 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

Gingerbread Latte has shown a merry dispositionGingerbread Latte has shown a merry dispositionGingerbread Latte has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by katwkittens View Post
Put the turkey in, Macy's parade, Dog Show, Football, and then Christmas movies while we eat and then decorate.

Kat
That sounds very much like our day, minus the football
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gingerbread Latte For This Useful Post:
aleighanne (09-27-2012), Christmasstar (09-27-2012), Holiday (09-28-2012)
Old 09-27-2012, 10:48 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,060 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
I always have the parade on TV but I miss so much because of other time consuming chores, like cooking the dinner and gettinge everything ready so I learned to DVR the parade then I can sit down and enjoy it and the best part I can zip through the commercials.
Maybe this year I can actually watch it without recording it since I told hubby we are going out for dinner this Thanksgiving and he's in complete agreement.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:48 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,272 Times in 13,280 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade
Old 09-27-2012, 12:31 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,284 Times in 5,923 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
The Macy's Parade in the morning (Mr. isn't interested, though ... he puts up with me yelling "Come here! Look at THIS!"). In the evening we often kick off the season with a kinescope of a 1950's Lawrence Welk broadcast that features Christmas music, or something else Christmas-themed.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
aleighanne (09-27-2012), Holiday (09-28-2012)
Old 09-27-2012, 05:54 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,060 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
The Macy's Parade in the morning (Mr. isn't interested, though ... he puts up with me yelling "Come here! Look at THIS!"). In the evening we often kick off the season with a kinescope of a 1950's Lawrence Welk broadcast that features Christmas music, or something else Christmas-themed.

I do it too. It's not fun watching the parade alone and my hubby is not interested so I'm always yelling, Hon come look, LOL, it's just a natural thing to want to share with the hubby.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:56 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

aleighanne has shown a merry dispositionaleighanne has shown a merry disposition
Football and Christmas movies. Got tired of the way the Macy's parade was presented on tv with all the musical numbers (that are lip synced ugh).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aleighanne For This Useful Post:
christmas87 (09-28-2012), Holiday (09-28-2012)
Old 09-28-2012, 01:01 AM
Christmasologist

mommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elf
I watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade, then once our guests come over, they watch football.
The Following User Says Thank You to mommytotwo For This Useful Post:
Holiday (09-28-2012)
Old 09-28-2012, 04:33 AM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 6,109 Times in 1,444 Posts
XmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companion
Once in a while we might hit up the local drive in.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Hester, Pat (2013-11-14). Christmas Mall Follies (p. 56). . Kindle Edition.
The Following User Says Thank You to XmasDreams For This Useful Post:
Holiday (09-28-2012)
Old 09-28-2012, 10:58 AM
Emerging from the Cave
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,111 Times in 686 Posts
Courtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happy
Good question!

I turn the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade on for my daughter and will try to catch a few minutes of that before I head off to the kitchen. - But, since I'm usually in there all day, I don't pay much attention to what is on. - I do like to have some Christmas tunes playing if possible though.