Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Home & Family » Started shopping yet???

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,975
Threads: 53,446
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,102)
Welcome to our newest member, Angelfrog
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
If Only She Hadn't Winked
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:18 PM
Last post by caninemomssister
12-01-2013 05:36 PM
57,224 Views  1 Posts
"Behind the White Brick"...
By MerryCarey
10-31-2011 11:46 AM
89,398 Views  0 Posts
A Christmas Carol
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:00 PM
188,670 Views  0 Posts
The Bishop's Wife (Movie...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:05 PM
0 Posts
Bells Christmas Where Less is...
By MMC Editor
10-01-2013 06:24 AM
Last post by caninemomssister
11-12-2013 07:51 PM
9,612 Views  1 Posts

Old 10-18-2012, 03:11 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,590 Times in 748 Posts
Kimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnog
Started a couple of weeks ago and am in planning/thinking mode BIG time!!
Old 10-18-2012, 07:57 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Head Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happy
I've done some shopping, but we are building a garage, so that puts a damper on most of the shopping. I'm making some gifts for a forum member and the kids down the street.

So, I will start my serious shopping shortly...
Old 10-19-2012, 05:13 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener
Last Achievements

Martine has shown a merry disposition
A little shopping done thanks to the wonders of the internet. But I need to kick this into high gear, because I hate to do everything at the last minute.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:52 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,221 Times in 486 Posts
GingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Ok, I did it. I couldn't wait until November 1. I bought two small presents for my boyfriend yesterday. yaaay!
Old 10-20-2012, 04:40 PM
*The Christmas Queen* -- Hostess, Real Halloween.com

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,111 Times in 545 Posts
JanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the tree
I have barely and I mean barely started. I have 2 things in the closet that I need to wrap and have soooooooooooooo much more to get. I just need to go. I am going to start the first week in November I think after I have got the decorating all done. And Grandma will be back from her trip so she can help me with the little ones. I am really excited for Christmas this year!

Đ♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}
Old 10-21-2012, 08:29 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

justme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elf
Originally Posted by JanaBanana View Post
I have barely and I mean barely started. I have 2 things in the closet that I need to wrap and have soooooooooooooo much more to get. I just need to go. I am going to start the first week in November I think after I have got the decorating all done. And Grandma will be back from her trip so she can help me with the little ones. I am really excited for Christmas this year!
I know what you mean Jana I feel like my life is really back on track so I am really excited for Christmas this year!!!
Old 10-21-2012, 08:47 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 26,397 Times in 4,400 Posts
ballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
We haven't started, yet. In about two more weeks, I hope to have everyone done except my wife. She takes a lot longer than everyone else.

Have glove will travel
Old 10-23-2012, 01:29 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger
Last Achievements

Cinder has shown a merry disposition
I haven't started shopping yet. I have plans for my "big shopping spree" with my cousin for the first weekend in December, but we usually don't get everything we need then, so I think I'll have to start looking sometime this November.

Last year I actually managed to forget about shopping and my cousin and I ended up going a week or two before Christmas. Her mom was so confused when we told her we still had shopping to do.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:10 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

Neotericisis has shown a merry disposition
I haven't started shopping yet, but I did start my list! Everyone thinks I am crazy, and thats ok LOL. I like to start early, ever since I was fourteen (when I got my first little job) I would be done shopping by Thanksgiving (I am the baby of the family, so I have 7 nieces and nephews in total, the oldest only 5 years younger than me!). My family was never big on Christmas, but I always did my best to make it super special. I am glad that I have a family of my own now and Christmas is now celebrated at my house (complete with all the trimmings: Christmas eve PJ's, night before Christmas book, cookie making, Christmas movies, dinner feast etc- I missed all of that as a child which really sucks so I am making up for lost time)

Now that I am a mom myself to a three year old, I don't have as much time to do things as early as I would like. Last year I got some great deals at black friday and I plan on going again (I'm not a big fan of Walmart, but last year they stayed open for 24 hours which allowed me to fill my cart with the sales and get on line to check out- no waiting out in the cold).

Anyway- I digress (as usual lol)- basically I haven't started yet, but I plan to be prepared come Black Friday and Cyber Monday
Old 10-25-2012, 09:40 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,221 Times in 486 Posts
GingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Well, I couldn't wait and started shopping online a bit. I bought three things on amazon and decided to have them sent to work in case there was any information on the outside of the box to tell what the gift is.

Lucky I did that because I bought a Sonicare toothbrush and sure enough, the logo SONICARE is right on the box. I couldn't believe it! hah hah.

REALLY glad I had it sent to work.