Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Food From eggnog to candy canes to ginger bread and beyond the flavors and treats of Christmas are a delight. Here we engage in all things connected to Christmas foods -- from recipes to how-to's. This section of the Merry Forums is presented by Merry Christmas Recipes, our own database of Christmas recipes, many of which get submitted by our users from around the world.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,086
Threads: 53,911
Top Poster: xmas365 (164,784)
Welcome to our newest member, CharlieTheElf

Old 10-09-2012, 09:22 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener
Last Achievements

HollySnow has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by 'Tis the season View Post
I had an eggnog latte from Starbucks a few years ago and was nearly sick. Absolutely hated it. It's put me right off, but maybe a home made version would be better. I must give it another chance.
It being homemade makes all the difference!!! My sister hates homemade eggnog but loves the store bought stuff. I, on the other hand, tried the store bought stuff years ago and it made me physically gag so I refused to drink it for years but two Christmases ago I tried homemade eggnog and it is some of the best stuff I've ever had. It's definitely worth trying homemade before you swear off of it completely!!

Old 10-10-2012, 01:39 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 12,802 Times in 2,182 Posts
xmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemen
I have tried alot of different eggnogs and I personally have found that homemade is the best. Now, I'm talking about traditional, old-fashioned, home made eggnog, just like my great aunts and grandmother used to make (and liadies and gentlemen, its not fat free...) Also, if you want a little kick in it and watch Cousin Eddie dance around with a lamp shade on his head, well then just add it in yourself; me, I like to mix it with Captain Morgan Spiced Rum...

One of the best store bought eggnogs that I have ever had to this very day, (and I highly recommend) was from the High's stores and it was their name brand....
Old 10-19-2012, 02:32 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener
Last Achievements

HollySnow has shown a merry disposition
I saw a display of organic RiceNog at the local health food store today but I'm not sure if that counts...

I was too scared to try it.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:35 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger
Last Achievements

HolidayLover has shown a merry disposition
Candygold

Sugar Cookie Egg Nog is wicked good. The supermarket in my neighborhood already has eggnog on display.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:23 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,525 Times in 5,971 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by HollySnow View Post
I saw a display of organic RiceNog at the local health food store today but I'm not sure if that counts...

I was too scared to try it.
I'd give rice "eggnog" a pass, too!

Originally Posted by HolidayLover View Post
Sugar Cookie Egg Nog is wicked good. The supermarket in my neighborhood already has eggnog on display.
Mmm, sugar cookie eggnog ... I usually buy at least one quart of that during the season. Haven't seen any in our stores yet, but it should be anytime now.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
Old 10-19-2012, 02:45 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

novelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elf
I haven't noticed any egg nog when gorcery shopping, but then again, I wasen't looking for it either. My sister in law introduced egg nog in coffee, to my husband and I. Now, we enjoy that during the holidays.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:35 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

RachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elf
I'm still looking for that elusive first quart of eggnog that kicks off the season for me. It should be coming out any day around here.
The Following User Says Thank You to RachRon For This Useful Post:
loksi (09-24-2013)
Old 09-24-2013, 12:39 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,041 Times in 374 Posts
Yuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elf
Originally Posted by 'Tis the season View Post
I had an eggnog latte from Starbucks a few years ago and was nearly sick. Absolutely hated it. It's put me right off, but maybe a home made version would be better. I must give it another chance.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
Stick to the real stuff. Quasi egg nog potions can be quite unpleasant.
Old 09-24-2013, 03:08 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

loksi will NOT spit in your eggnogloksi will NOT spit in your eggnogloksi will NOT spit in your eggnogloksi will NOT spit in your eggnogloksi will NOT spit in your eggnogloksi will NOT spit in your eggnogloksi will NOT spit in your eggnogloksi will NOT spit in your eggnogloksi will NOT spit in your eggnogloksi will NOT spit in your eggnogloksi will NOT spit in your eggnog
Haven't seen any of it around here either, but have been looking!
Old 10-08-2013, 08:37 PM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,151 Times in 816 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
Haven't seen any here.

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria