Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Home & Family » Hosting Christmas for the first time this year, how do I fit everyone in?

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,430
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,408)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Homemade for the Holidays
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:31 PM
48,062 Views  0 Posts
Name that Carol
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 06:34 PM
0 Posts
When should presents be...
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:51 PM
50,321 Views  0 Posts
Home Alone (Movie Review)
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:21 PM
Last post by Joyfully yours
11-03-2013 06:28 PM
49,748 Views  2 Posts
The Santa Clause 2...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:11 PM
0 Posts

Old 08-14-2012, 02:16 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 11,457 Times in 1,960 Posts
xmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemen
I have a pretty extended family and when we were all younger (in our 20's), we would try to squeeze everybody in on the same day to celebrate Christmas. Fast forward 20 years later, we all now have teenagers, kids out of the nest with families of their own, extended families and it is almost impossible to do it all in one day and too exhausting as well.

We were finding out, by the time we got done with trying to see everyone in one day, trying to make everyone happy, cleaning up the messes, we were exhausted at the end of the day and well, we didn't get a chance ourselves, to really sit down and enjoy Christmas with the ones we love.

So, now a days we do Christmas over a two week period (weekends), and that way everybody can see whom ever they want at a more of a relaxed pace. Now of course, we see our immediate family on Christmas day, but cousins, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, friends and such on the weekends.... It's kind of like Christmas day/ Groundhog day (The movie) several times during the Christmas season.....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xmastidings For This Useful Post:
JOHNOR (09-02-2012), snowflake22 (02-01-2014)
Old 08-14-2012, 03:00 PM
Christmas Altair

Last Achievements

Thanked 20,019 Times in 2,872 Posts
shellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
yip i agree with the rest you seem to have it all planned well to include everyone
But your never gonna please everyone there will always be one!!
But remember its christmas for you and your wife to and when is your time for your christmas. just you and her ???

JOHNOR (09-02-2012), snowflake22 (02-01-2014), xmastidings (08-14-2012)
Old 08-22-2012, 11:36 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,132 Times in 12,622 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
sounds to me like you have a great plan!
Planning is the key, and preparing ahead of time.
Have fun!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
JOHNOR (09-02-2012), snowflake22 (02-01-2014)
Old 09-03-2012, 09:57 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener
Last Achievements

jan1225 has shown a merry dispositionjan1225 has shown a merry disposition
12 16x16

I used to be in the same situation, so I understand. I like your plan, but how come you aren't making use of Christmas Eve? For many years it was when I would see my Mom and then have Christmas morning at my home then visit my Dad and other relatives in the afternoon. I think Christmas eve can just as special as Christmas day for family and it means you aren't packing everything into one day. Just a thought....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jan1225 For This Useful Post:
JOHNOR (09-11-2012), snowflake22 (02-01-2014)
Old 09-05-2012, 08:41 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

Manda_panda has shown a merry disposition
I can understand I have a big family so it can be hard to fit everyone in. We have various parties throughout the season. It works out well.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Manda_panda For This Useful Post:
JOHNOR (09-11-2012), snowflake22 (02-01-2014)
Old 10-23-2012, 01:42 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger
Last Achievements

Cinder has shown a merry disposition
Personally, I think it would be a lot easier to do it over the course of December instead of trying to fit everything into Christmas day. That way everyone can have whatever setup they need and your husband, daughter and yourself can relax on Christmas day and just enjoy each other's company.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cinder For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-01-2014)