Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Retro » Your Favorite Top 10 80s Toys

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,079
Threads: 53,839
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, MistleToeSnow
View Poll Results: Taken from 2 lists (see description below)....Which is your FAVORITE?
Cabbage Patch Kids 9 15.52%
Trivial Pursuit 3 5.17%
My Little Pony 2 3.45%
Koosh Balls 0 0%
Transformers 4 6.90%
Pictionary 2 3.45%
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3 5.17%
Chia Pets 0 0%
JENGA 1 1.72%
All Terrain Armored Transport (Star Wars Walker) 4 6.90%
Speak & Spell 2 3.45%
Rubik's Cube 1 1.72%
Care Bears 3 5.17%
He-Man action figures & Castle Grayskull 7 12.07%
Fashion Wheel 0 0%
Fighting Fantasy books 1 1.72%
Paul Daniels Magic Set 0 0%
Pogo ball 1 1.72%
Atari 15 25.86%
Teddy Ruxpin 0 0%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-24-2012, 07:52 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger
Last Achievements

sugarcookie2 has shown a merry disposition
My little pony. My daughter loved them,and of course barbie.
The Following User Says Thank You to sugarcookie2 For This Useful Post:
Ryan (08-14-2013)
Old 10-24-2012, 12:07 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

Lacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elf
I played with My little Pony's, Barbies, Cabbage Patch dolls, hot wheels etc.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:17 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 21,359 Times in 2,949 Posts
Ryan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
santahat

I noticed "pogoballs" were on the list. Does anyone remember how dangerous those things were? Who came up with that idea and thought, "Hey, let's make a toy that makes kids balance on a small surface while bouncing up and down on concrete." My mom wouldn't let me have one. As a kid I didn't understand why. As a parent now, I completely understand!
The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:
trackrebel (11-09-2012)
Old 10-28-2012, 09:38 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

act_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elf
My is a tie between carebears and cabbage patch kids. I was only around for the last five years of the 80's. So I don't remember much.
Ryan (08-14-2013)
Old 11-09-2012, 11:37 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

Neotericisis has shown a merry disposition
I was born in 86 so Carebears!
The Following User Says Thank You to Neotericisis For This Useful Post:
Ryan (08-14-2013)
Old 11-09-2012, 01:16 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,724 Times in 3,787 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
pound puppies....I had three....two babies and a big one

and I had a cat as well...a Pound Kitty....I loved those animals....K<ndice has them now

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following User Says Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
Ryan (11-13-2012)
Old 11-10-2012, 02:27 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,724 Times in 3,787 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Popples

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following User Says Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
Ryan (08-14-2013)
Old 12-30-2012, 08:33 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Maebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
My kids loved the care bears and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. We had a lot of fun with both of those.
Ryan (08-14-2013)
Old 01-25-2013, 04:45 AM
Christmas Altair
Last Achievements

Thanked 50,384 Times in 8,238 Posts
HomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I noticed "pogoballs" were on the list. Does anyone remember how dangerous those things were? Who came up with that idea and thought, "Hey, let's make a toy that makes kids balance on a small surface while bouncing up and down on concrete." My mom wouldn't let me have one. As a kid I didn't understand why. As a parent now, I completely understand!
I wasn't allowed to have a pogoball either. But I did have a hoppity hop. I'm not sure if that was any better, lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to HomemakinGirl For This Useful Post:
Ryan (08-14-2013)
Old 08-14-2013, 08:51 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 21,359 Times in 2,949 Posts
Ryan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I had an Atari and loved Pac-Man. We also had a Popeye game that was essentially Donkey Kong, as Popeye tried to make it to the top of a ship while Brutus threw barrels at him.

I loved He-Man and had Castle Grayskull which was awesome! I also liked Super Friends action figures (the Justice League basically) so I played a lot with Superman, Batman, etc.