Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,098
Threads: 54,016
Top Poster: xmas365 (167,029)
Welcome to our newest member, sonicboomboy

Old 12-07-2012, 09:43 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

act_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elf
Oh, I know they don't realize it's something important.

My first post made me seem like an animal abuser, or at least everyone's replys made me feel that way. I am not nor will I ever hurt and animal on purpose. I am someone that feels more sorry for a homeless animal than a homeless person. Given the choice of saving an animal on death row or a human, I'll pick the animal.
caninemom3 (12-08-2012), trackrebel (12-11-2012)

Old 12-08-2012, 06:39 AM
Merry Fourms Member

nachtmusik has shown a merry disposition
Oh no, I didn't mean to imply anything like that. I'm kind of unusual in how I find it virtually impossible to blame animals and will blame myself first in these situations. I think most people would react like you did. My point was more just along the lines of the whole "you have to remember that there was no way she could've possibly understood what she was doing" thing.

Make sure you reward her handsomely for good behavior when you next get the chance. That cheers pretty much any dog up.
The Following User Says Thank You to nachtmusik For This Useful Post:
act_as_if (12-10-2012)
Old 12-08-2012, 07:43 AM
North Pole's RN

Last Achievements

Thanked 86,155 Times in 15,251 Posts
sugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by nachtmusik View Post
...Yeah, I'll be honest, I can never get mad at animals like that. They don't understand, and you can't expect them to. My puppy ruined one of my favorite pairs of boots and I had to shell out nearly $100 to replace them, but I couldn't bring myself to be mad at her. I was mad at myself for forgetting to put them away that day. You just have to remember how utterly unfair it is to blame them for this sort of thing.
I have to say I agree with you here! When Ella was a puppy, right after we got her, she did chew on a pair of my sunglasses, because I let them in her reach on a table. It was my fault, totally. She was teething and thought it was a toy. I couldn't be mad at her. Ella is a good dog and doesn't get things she is isn't supposed to - she occasionally will now see a stuffed animal of the kids on the floor, if it's brand new and think it may be hers, if it's the kids, I just have to tell her one time and she knows then, but I can't ever get mad. Their animals, not humans. That's for sure. Ella was my first child and one of my best friends. I love her!

The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.
- Burton Hillis
Old 12-10-2012, 11:20 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

act_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elf
I just wanted to clarify that I would never harm my dogs. Some replys made me feel like a horrible person, and it hurts me to think maybe you all think I am beating my dogs or something.

I don't know about everyone else, but to me, dogs are like toddlers. All the time. If they see it, it's theirs.lol
Old 12-10-2012, 11:24 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by nachtmusik View Post

Make sure you reward her handsomely for good behavior when you next get the chance. That cheers pretty much any dog up.

I gave her a good treat. She loves cheese!
caninemom3 (12-10-2012)
Old 12-10-2012, 11:43 AM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,489 Times in 1,763 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
I think this sums it up in a nutshell.....

If it's mine it's mine,
if it's yours it's mine,
if I like it is mine,
if I can take it from you it is mine,
if I am playing with something ALL of the pieces are mine,
if I think it is mine it is,
if I saw it first it's mine,
if I had it then put it down it is still mine,
if you had it then you put it down it is now mine,
if it is broken it is yours

Old 12-11-2012, 12:19 PM
is waiting for Fall
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,832 Times in 1,098 Posts
MerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to others
Originally Posted by Maureen View Post
I think this sums it up in a nutshell.....

If it's mine it's mine,
if it's yours it's mine,
if I like it is mine,
if I can take it from you it is mine,
if I am playing with something ALL of the pieces are mine,
if I think it is mine it is,
if I saw it first it's mine,
if I had it then put it down it is still mine,
if you had it then you put it down it is now mine,
if it is broken it is yours

If it was my dog Victor, then the last line would read "If it's broken it's still mine until I chew it into little tiny bits, and grind them into your carpet. But I am sorry that your dog chewed up your favorite ornament. We learned early on to put our favorite items up out of reach of curious and playful doggies.
The Following User Says Thank You to MerryBells For This Useful Post:
act_as_if (12-11-2012)
Old 12-11-2012, 01:55 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,868 Times in 3,815 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
actasif...i didnt mean to hurt u or make u feel bad...i never thought u were a bad person or mean to animals!!!!!

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following User Says Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
act_as_if (12-11-2012)
Old 12-11-2012, 02:59 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Lol, I thought I did put the ornaments I like best up high. Guess not high enough. Little fart head.

You all are so awesome, hope none of you are taking me saying that some of your posts made me feel like I was abusing her, like, I hate you now(which I don't, nor will I ever) or something. My only thought was, oh, they think I hurt them! I am the furthest away from EVER hurting another living organism. Except a spider or two. Or thousand.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:55 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

sgrover has disabled reputation
stocking

I just have to report, my tree has been up since Nov 22nd, and not one ornament has been touched by anything on 4 paws! I did put the coffee table in front of it, they've both gone over and sniffed it (it's artificial), and walk away. The naughty little one did crawl under it once to retrieve a ball that had rolled. My heart stopped for a few beats, I think, but it was so cute to watch. She got as low as she possibly could, crawled slower than I have ever seen her do anything, got the ball in her mouth, and very slowly and carefully backed out, still really low to the ground, like she knew nothing better happen to that tree! The ball has since been put away for the season, I know I might not be as lucky next time! The border collie got into the stockings once, was firmly told NOT to do that again or Santa wouldn't leave anything in his stocking, and so far he hasn't touched them again. Maybe that's because he was able to grab another pair of my underwear from the laundry and is happy with that. (big sigh)