Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,078
Threads: 53,832
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, JoseChung

Old 10-30-2007, 08:33 AM
Santa Clausologist

caseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elf
bell

Originally Posted by Seasun View Post
David, every year I promise myself to put up decorations the day after Thanksgiving so, that we have a whole month to enjoy the tree, and all the trimmings.

But for some reason, I always miss my goal, and end up putting every thing around December the 10th. - 15th.

I think the Christmas energy I'm getting from everyone in the forum is going to help me keep focused this year.
December 10-15, Christmas is almost over by then. If you dont have family @ your house fot thanksgiving. have all your boxes out the week of thanksgiving, so friday your ready to go.

If you have family @ your house, and they are gone Thanksgiving night at a reasnable time, put your tree up that night, and do the rest friday-sunday.
The Following User Says Thank You to caseydbell For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-04-2014)
Old 10-30-2007, 09:15 AM

Seasun has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by caseydbell View Post
December 10-15, Christmas is almost over by then. If you dont have family @ your house fot thanksgiving. have all your boxes out the week of thanksgiving, so friday your ready to go.
you're so right. I think I usually get caught up with making my decorations, and gifts that I put aside the actual decoration of the house for last.
The Following User Says Thank You to Seasun For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-04-2014)
Old 10-30-2007, 09:20 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 22,495 Times in 3,627 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
December 15th?????? WAY too late!! That does not leave you nearly enough time to enjoy them!!! It is too much work, putting all that stuff up to only enjoy it for a couple/few weeks!!! I say the day after Thanksgiving at the very latest!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-04-2014)
Old 10-30-2007, 10:09 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

MarthaK has shown a merry dispositionMarthaK has shown a merry disposition
When to put up decorations? LOL.... I remember those days.

Reading the posts from some of our younger members...high school, college age and newly marrieds in apartments..... I see more than a few whose displays will explode like mine did once they are given half a chance! I am looking forward to the pictures.

These days my decorations and displays are so numerous and expansive that I start putting them up as soon as Halloween is over. I light them all up on Thanksgiving night. I have found that the more involved the display is, the earlier you have to start setting it up and the longer you want it lit. I also have the advantage of being single, with no husband I have to negotiate with over the light-up day.

I'm looking forward to this weekend when the Halloween items get packed up for the year and I can start winding lights on my trees. It usually takes me a couple of weekends to get the tall trees lit, then another weekend for the shorter trees and bushes (I have a lot of landscaping that begs for "happy Christmas lights." The down side of no husband is my roof; I'm still praying for someone to help me with lights there this year...

The wire frames, blow molds and "stuff that looks like yard clutter in the daylight" all stay in hiding until the weekend before Thanksgiving.

Meanwhile inside, I put up the lighted garlands and wreaths, set up the village and change out to the holiday china, all of which I have up and ready for use over Thanksgiving.

My live tree, manger, stockings, and other Christmas items come out of hiding on Black Friday. I do have SOME restraint, LOL!
snowflake22 (03-04-2014)
Old 10-30-2007, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
December 15th?????? WAY too late!! That does not leave you nearly enough time to enjoy them!!! It is too much work, putting all that stuff up to only enjoy it for a couple/few weeks!!! I say the day after Thanksgiving at the very latest!!!
Well, the good thing is that we celebrate Dia De Reyes (Three Kings Day) in my home so, the Tree stays up so that the Wise Men can put gifts under it for the children to open on January 6th. We start removing the decorations after the Three Kings Day celebration.
snowflake22 (03-04-2014)
Old 10-30-2007, 12:17 PM

MarthaK, I can hardly wait to see your pictures.

snowflake22 (03-04-2014)
Old 10-30-2007, 04:22 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

BooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elf
It will be the week of November 12th for me--even the artificial tree in the library! The real tree will go up in the family room around Thanksgiving weekend.
The Following User Says Thank You to BooksNChristmas For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-04-2014)
Old 10-30-2007, 04:34 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

gennifyr has shown a merry disposition
I'm going to aim for Dec 1st at the latest. Thanksgiving has been over for weeks so can't use that as the date...
The Following User Says Thank You to gennifyr For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-04-2014)
Old 10-31-2007, 04:08 AM
Merry Forums Twinkle Light Checker
Last Achievements

JAboc has shown a merry dispositionJAboc has shown a merry disposition
it's 6am i saw this thread ran outside and hung a wreath out in front of my door next to my jack o lanterns and other halloween decorations haha
snowflake22 (03-04-2014)
Old 10-31-2007, 06:49 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

MarthaK has shown a merry dispositionMarthaK has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by gennifyr View Post
I'm going to aim for Dec 1st at the latest. Thanksgiving has been over for weeks so can't use that as the date...

I also use Canadian Thanksgiving as one of my milestones! Back in my old house, when I had room to set up a 25+ building village (It's A Wonderful Life/Target's Bedford Falls), I would get it all set up over Columbus Day/Thanksgiving. These days the village is not as large due to lack of space and nowhere near as elaborate (since I started finding the Bailey family figures in the cat's bed a couple of years ago).
snowflake22 (03-04-2014)