Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Santa Claus & the North Pole » Santa Update Why don't people believe anymore?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Santa Claus & the North Pole Visit Santa Update.comSanta and his elves stop by here all the time. Watch here for breaking news from the North Pole, our annual Update from the North Pole and, of course, Santa tracking around the world on Christmas Eve. Feel free to ask Santa, Elf Ernest or Elf Ed Zachary any questions you might have about Santa or the North Pole. This section is brought to you by Santa Update.com

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,847
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,968)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 12-20-2012, 02:13 PM
Minister of Defense of Santa Claus, North Pole

Elf Ed Zachary is a good elfElf Ed Zachary is a good elfElf Ed Zachary is a good elfElf Ed Zachary is a good elfElf Ed Zachary is a good elfElf Ed Zachary is a good elfElf Ed Zachary is a good elfElf Ed Zachary is a good elfElf Ed Zachary is a good elf
stocking Why don't people believe anymore?

From Amber G, age 13, is this very serious question:

Why don't people believe anymore?

I know exactly what you are saying, Amber.

Just the other day I heard a guy complain that the Cubs will never win the World Series. Ok, that was Santa. But even Santa is entitled to get a little frustrated. He's stopped saying "maybe next year" and he's looking into finding them a good catcher.

But really. I think you're talking about something else, aren't you? I think you're saying that people out there are losing their belief in Christmas. That they are maybe even questioning the existence of Santa Claus.

All I can tell you is this: you're 13. This happens at your age. In fact, wait a few years. It gets worse. Teens and young adults suffer from knowing everything. They are invincible, too.

But what they learn, someday, is that they really don't know everything they think they know. You know? Know-it-all's are just that way. But everything goes in cycles and by the time you're say, oh--- 30, let's say -- you're going to see more and more people believing in things again. That's just human nature.

You're special, Amber. You're 13 and you still get it. You know that belief means hope and hope means happiness. You keep on believing.

And don't worry about everyone else. They will catch up to you.

-- Ed Zachary
Read my editorials for the North Pole Gazette | Profile at SantaUpdate.com

Last edited by Jeff Westover; 12-20-2012 at 04:16 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Elf Ed Zachary For This Useful Post:
UnchosenFragmnts (12-20-2012)

Old 12-20-2012, 02:16 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,346 Times in 5,935 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I'd like to read your editorials and your profile, Elf Ed Zachary, but your links don't go there!

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
Old 12-20-2012, 02:26 PM
Minister of Defense of Santa Claus, North Pole

Elf Ed Zachary is a good elfElf Ed Zachary is a good elfElf Ed Zachary is a good elfElf Ed Zachary is a good elfElf Ed Zachary is a good elfElf Ed Zachary is a good elfElf Ed Zachary is a good elfElf Ed Zachary is a good elfElf Ed Zachary is a good elf
Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
I'd like to read your editorials and your profile, Elf Ed Zachary, but your links don't go there!
Oh, hello, MerryCarey. I've heard about you! I hear you have quite the eye.

Yes, I'm sorry. The last time I edited my profile was six years ago. It appears I was a little outdated. I have updated those links for you. I apologize for being so silly.

You can click on them and read all about me. Then you can come back here and tell everyone how witty, intelligent and awesome I am.

I really don't mind.
Read my editorials for the North Pole Gazette | Profile at SantaUpdate.com
The Following User Says Thank You to Elf Ed Zachary For This Useful Post:
made582 (12-20-2012)
Old 12-20-2012, 05:13 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,346 Times in 5,935 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Elf Ed Zachary View Post
Oh, hello, MerryCarey. I've heard about you! I hear you have quite the eye.

Yes, I'm sorry. The last time I edited my profile was six years ago. It appears I was a little outdated. I have updated those links for you. I apologize for being so silly.

You can click on them and read all about me. Then you can come back here and tell everyone how witty, intelligent and awesome I am.

I really don't mind.
And how modest you are!

Thank you for the link updates!

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
Old 12-20-2012, 08:49 PM
Vice President of Public Relations, North Pole

Elf Ernest is a good elfElf Ernest is a good elfElf Ernest is a good elfElf Ernest is a good elfElf Ernest is a good elfElf Ernest is a good elfElf Ernest is a good elfElf Ernest is a good elfElf Ernest is a good elf
Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
And how modest you are!

Thank you for the link updates!
Yes, that is one of Mr. Zachary's many charms. Don't encourage him.

Ask Elf Ernest | Help for the Naughty | Christmas Coloring Pages
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elf Ernest For This Useful Post:
made582 (12-20-2012), MerryCarey (12-21-2012)