Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Sharing ideas for Christmas gifts

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,430
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,408)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Dear Santa: Getting...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:36 PM
43,542 Views  0 Posts
Gift 2 Chestnuts
By Christmasstar
09-09-2013 07:30 AM
Last post by Meceka
09-18-2013 08:33 PM
10,595 Views  1 Posts
Christmas in America...
By MMC Editor
10-18-2011 01:41 AM
64,266 Views  0 Posts
It's a Wonderful Movie
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:04 PM
55,077 Views  0 Posts
santahat A Black Friday...
By MMC Editor
11-26-2011 10:14 AM
81,740 Views  0 Posts

Old 12-21-2012, 09:26 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 81,910 Times in 13,802 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
stocking

Originally Posted by xmastidings View Post
I was kinda hoping that there would be alot more of different ideas, more or less just to see what other families do all across the country... Or even, in other countries as well. What about lottery scratch-offs, is that a good idea to put in a stocking?
I always try to cater to what the person is "in to" at the time. For example, when my nephews hit driving age, I bought them gas cards in small amounts, tire guages, air fresheners, license plate frames, etc. to go in their stockings. They loved it! Because, they didn't want to spend the $ on it themselves, but wanted those things for their new rides.

I also would suggest an iTunes gift card!
Old 12-21-2012, 09:36 AM
Emerging from the Cave
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,071 Times in 657 Posts
Courtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happy
Bath and Body Works gift sets / gift cards / candles

Gift card or certificate for a "spa day" and manicure/pedicure

Movie tickets, concert tickets, sports tickets, and lottery scratch-offs are always a nice stocking stuffer

Mini bags of flavored coffees are always appreciated, and a nice stocking stuffer surprise

A paid subscription to a favorite magazine (put a current issue in their stocking with a note letting them know that they can enjoy their favorite read all year long.)

If the recipients are over 21, a bottle of good wine and chocolates, or a beer-of-the-month club subscription

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Courtney For This Useful Post:
GingerMel (12-21-2012), snowflake22 (12-21-2012), xmastidings (12-27-2012)
Old 12-21-2012, 11:21 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,202 Times in 480 Posts
GingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I put those mini bags of coffee in my mom's stocking!

Movie tickets is a great idea.
Courtney (12-21-2012), snowflake22 (12-21-2012), xmastidings (12-27-2012)
Old 12-23-2012, 03:39 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger
Last Achievements

dreamingofawhiteChristmas has shown a merry disposition
Dollar General has lots of small items that are reasonably priced:mini calendars,stuffed animals,keychains,noise poppers,silly string,grow your own crystal rocks kits,candles,and car fresheners.Those chocolate oranges would be a good idea too
The Following User Says Thank You to dreamingofawhiteChristmas For This Useful Post:
xmastidings (12-27-2012)
Old 12-27-2012, 09:10 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 11,458 Times in 1,960 Posts
xmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemen
I really got thinking about some of the ideas that were posted and what I did was sort of mix it up a bit. I went out and bought some little things from like Bath and Bodyworks, Yankee Candle and such places like that, but each little thing that I bought, I wrapped and placed it in their stocking.... Along with some candy, a personalized Christmas tree ornament, I-tunes gift card, etc....

I also did a couple gag gifts as well, like wrapping a bottle of cheese wiz and sticking it in my daughtes stocking... She thought that was so funny!

As a surprise, I found these little minature Christmas stockings made into a small purse, I bought one of my daughter and wife and stuck some cash in each... My son, I got a book of gift certificates from Mcdonalds, he pulls it out, says cool and starts thumbing thru it, as a surprise to him, I taped some cash inside...

I have sort of noticed that the tradition of getting gifts in your Christmas stocking was getting lost (in my household at least) and I wanted to bring that part back into the tradition of celebrating Christmas into my house and to also assist in prolonging the "opening of gifts"! And it worked, they were all surprised (including my wife) and hopefully, the good ideas here will keep rolling in....

The Bell Still Rings for me,
as it does for all who truly Believe!