Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Movies » home alone 1 2 or 3

Movies From 100+ year old silent films to new releases here we discussed the good, the bad and the ugly of Christmas at the movies.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,978
Threads: 53,468
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,864)
Welcome to our newest member, ShontelleE
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Top Ten Things Santa...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:07 PM
50,516 Views  0 Posts
It's a Wonderful Movie
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:04 PM
55,127 Views  0 Posts
The Big Red Box
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:27 PM
0 Posts
Does Santa ever get...
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:55 PM
52,140 Views  0 Posts
Feast of Fools
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:33 PM
54,084 Views  0 Posts

Old 10-15-2007, 01:47 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

christmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elf
i said the same thing.i dont even think or consider 3 being part of the series.they just probably added a 3 to it since they wouldnt be able to call it home alone....but the 1st one is my favorite.i like the 2nd one but i would watch 1 over 2.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:58 PM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Billy Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Home Alone 4 is supposed to be Kevin and one of the Burglars is supposed to be Marv. The movie is pretty bad.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:51 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

christmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elf
i saw one part of part 4 and didnt even finish watchin it and havent seen it since then.
Old 10-27-2007, 05:02 AM
Christmas Royalty

clarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnog
Home Alone then the second one, sorry i think the others are just awful, they should of left it at 2 instead of milking it.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:20 PM
On the Naughty List

gameshowguy2000 has shown a merry dispositiongameshowguy2000 has shown a merry disposition
Well, the 3rd one I saw only once. It was awful, and I never watched it again. Haven't seen the 4th one yet.

So the first 2 Home Alone movies get a big 2 Thumbs UP, the 3rd gets a big 2 Thumbs DOWN.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:18 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class

mrspenguin has shown a merry dispositionmrspenguin has shown a merry dispositionmrspenguin has shown a merry dispositionmrspenguin has shown a merry dispositionmrspenguin has shown a merry disposition
I go back and forth between 1 and 2. 3 totally stunk. My kids love them but my step-daughters call each other buttheads a lot after they watch them. Not too cute after awhile.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:03 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

Miss Darcy has shown a merry dispositionMiss Darcy has shown a merry disposition
I love the first two films but the 3rd is rubbish.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:37 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

BooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elf
I love 1 the best. 2 is pretty good and I don't totally despise 3. I just don't include it in my Christmas viewing! I didn't even know there was a 4!!!
Old 11-03-2007, 09:40 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

Andrex has shown a merry dispositionAndrex has shown a merry dispositionAndrex has shown a merry dispositionAndrex has shown a merry disposition
I loved 2. Just the idea of wandering around a big city on your own, with hundreds of other people but nevertheless, you were alone. And this time, he wasn't even "home". I just think it had a much bigger scope and much more heart (the bird lady, the scene in the park at the end.)

For some reason Roger Ebert like the third one better than the first two. Something about more character development or something.