Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » I can't believe it's really over :(

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,131
Threads: 54,246
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,728)
Welcome to our newest member, PrincipalPankley

Old 01-20-2013, 12:30 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger
Last Achievements

tbutler has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by HomemakinGirl View Post
Sorry to hear Christmas was so hectic for you. I am already planning for 2013. I love counting down the days
I think this is an important point. I usually don't get the post-holiday blues. For me, Christmas is a year round thing. It never ends. When Christmas is officially over for the year, it's time to start prepping for the next one. Right now, Christmas 2013 is like a blank canvas, and I've already started to fill in some of the details. I do so love the preparations. Plus, when I am out shopping for stocking stuffers or taking notes for our next Christmas letter, it really makes me feel close to my family and all the love and joy we experience during the holidays.
The Following User Says Thank You to tbutler For This Useful Post:
Solice (01-22-2013)

Old 01-20-2013, 08:53 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,069 Times in 384 Posts
Yuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elf
Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
I hear you! I'm weaning myself off. I put non-Christmas music on my MP3 player, but left about 20 Christmas songs on there so they'll pop up at random and give me a smile.
Great idea! Thanks for sharing it. (Fun. followed by Bowie/Crosby...)
Old 01-21-2013, 08:43 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,893 Times in 458 Posts
VictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnog
Originally Posted by graywolf70 View Post
I'm so sad. Our December was very hectic this year having a close friend have a wedding in the middle of the month out of state. So many of our traditions were put to the wayside to travel and be in attendance. Then the day we arrived back home my son flew out to join his dad/my husband on the other side of the country for the drive home for Christmas. They were gone the week before Christmas, arriving on Christmas Eve.

Everyone flew in/drove in for Christmas on my in-laws side so most of the kids stayed at our house and the adults at my in-laws house. It was so chaotic that it meant many of the special things my son and I do together had to be skipped to accommodate time schedules for everyone.

Our dog went into labor a few days after Christmas, which ended up not being a pleasant outcome and well.... yesterday was the first day we were able to just sit in front of the tree and the house was still. Our tree is still up, because we celebrate Epiphany so for us the season does not officially end till today. Now, well it's over, and I don't even feel like we got to celebrate it at all.

I didn't even get to attend the online Christmas Party here on the site, which I was so looking forward to when I joined, because it took place the day after the wedding and we were driving back home.

Can I just keep my tree and lights up for another month? Is there some special MyMerryChristmas certificate you provide that I can present to my neighbors or tack on my door for public notice so no one thinks me an oddball for still having everything up and twinkling? Or that a bunch of Christmas specials are still on the DVR to be watched.

So um.... is there a countdown app for December 2013?

Hope everyone had a great Christmas!!
Aww, that's a real shame you didn't have enough time to enjoy your Christmas. Anyway, Christmas movies can be watched any time of the year and keep you in spirit of upcoming Christmas. I still have Christmas songs in my phone. The fact makes my friends laugh so hardly but I just love Christmas music. It's so peaceful! ^^ In case of Christmas of 2013, time is going so quickly that Christmas is going to be here again soon. :] Have a great year and keep yourself and your family in Christmasy mood!
The Following User Says Thank You to VictoriaLT For This Useful Post:
Solice (01-22-2013)
Old 01-22-2013, 06:49 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger
Last Achievements

tbutler has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by VictoriaLT View Post
Aww, that's a real shame you didn't have enough time to enjoy your Christmas. Anyway, Christmas movies can be watched any time of the year and keep you in spirit of upcoming Christmas. I still have Christmas songs in my phone. The fact makes my friends laugh so hardly but I just love Christmas music. It's so peaceful! ^^ In case of Christmas of 2013, time is going so quickly that Christmas is going to be here again soon. :] Have a great year and keep yourself and your family in Christmasy mood!
I just watched "A Dog Named Christmas" yesterday. As a dog lover, I really liked it. It was also a really nice Christmas booster shot!
The Following User Says Thank You to tbutler For This Useful Post:
Solice (01-22-2013)
Old 01-27-2013, 02:47 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,112 Times in 415 Posts
jayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
januarys almost over guys,this years gonna fly like last year,roll on november.