Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,078
Threads: 53,832
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, JoseChung

Old 01-21-2013, 08:59 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 156,060 Times in 28,844 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
What happened to the 2 million I loaned you??? =)

Umm, I may have ran into Rick Hendrick there and arranged to put an MMC sticker on Junior's car during the Daytona 500 with that money. You'll have to look really close though. Apperantly 2 million only buys you a 2 inch by 2 inch sticker.

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (01-21-2013), Bradmac (01-21-2013), caninemom3 (01-21-2013), Christmas-A-Holic (01-21-2013), Christmasstar (01-21-2013), Seawaters (01-21-2013), shellie12 (01-21-2013), Snow-in-Texas (01-21-2013), snowflake22 (01-21-2013), whitney37354 (01-22-2013), xmas365 (01-21-2013)
Old 01-21-2013, 09:02 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,619 Times in 12,678 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
We are 49ers fans here, but I also like Ray Lewis and the Ravens. When his last game was telecast and some negative people commented on his dance, I was taken aback. I LOVE his dance, plus he is so darn cute! Neither Harbaugh brother is hard on the eyes either. One of my favorite players is former Buccaneer Warren Sapp. My husband calls him my boyfriend!

Originally Posted by xmastidings View Post
In my household, I think the all the gals in my house are bigger Ravens fans than the guys! I can only guess that every TV in the house will have it on now that the Ravens are going to the Superbowl. They're all decked out in purple and you can hear them yelling and cheering at the TV all the way down the street...

Oh it gets ugly in the house if they don't win, I usually have to go in another room until all the female testosterone dissipates and the levels of socialability returns to a more normal level....lol

Plus with this Superbowl, with the Harbaugh vs Harbaugh (brothers that are head coaches) facing off against each other and also because of this being Ray Lewis and also possible Ed Reeds last game, it will be on in my house; I guarantee that!

Lets keep our fingers crossed for another win!!!!
Old 01-21-2013, 09:05 AM

Last Achievements

Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Those numbers do look good. I was thinking today as I read Crown's Countdown post that there are really only a few hours that we are not anticipating Christmas, either current or future. We have a few hours on Christmas Day when Christmas is here in the present, and then we begin anticipating "tomorrow." With the Season running in the background, the Season seems to be so much closer than it appears (sort of like the "saying" on the side mirrors of a car!!!).

Originally Posted by Binger View Post
those 200 #s sure look good...

read where the local mall merhcnats get together this month to review what went right and what went wrong with Christmas..shopping..activities..etc...and begin laying out plans in March for this season...

yabbaaaaaaaaaaaa
Old 01-21-2013, 09:06 AM

Last Achievements

Great activity for today! Is the opera almost finished?

Originally Posted by Binger View Post
think I will go on ebay and look at the vintage coffee pots... ohhhhh ohhhhhhh omg.. omg,.,.,,

yabbbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Old 01-21-2013, 09:11 AM

Last Achievements

In addition to being so funny, Made, you are also great at thinking up alternative, less expensive ways to do things (i.e. using the dryer and accomplishing two goals: laundry and heating!!!). LOL

Originally Posted by made582 View Post
Good morning MMC!!!!! OMG, it's cold. It's 17 degree's outside right now but with the wind chill it feels well below zero. Tomorrow morning they are saying the wind chill will be around -30. I bet a lot of schools will go on a delay for that. My plan is to just stay inside and crank the heat. Well not really. I'll just do laundry all day for the next 3 days instead of cranking the heat. It's cheaper to run the dryer. Today I think is going to be a Christmas movie kind of day. I hope everyone is having a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-21-2013, 09:15 AM

Last Achievements

Your weekend sounds marvelous. Wish you could have taken all of us!!! Like you said, we are in the last weeks of January. Hard to imagine!!!

Originally Posted by brent View Post
Good morning everyone!

It's Monday. Unfortunate, but I had a great weekend. My friend's bachelor party in Mont Tremblant was lots of fun. While everyone was skiing/snowboarding or visiting the village on Saturday, I remained at the chalet to ensure that I did not miss the raising of the Kings' 2012 Stanley Cup Champions banner. It was quite a sight. Something I will always remember. It's just too bad their play wasn't as memorable. Only 47 more games to ensure a playoff spot.

We visited the village in Mont Tremblant on Saturday night. It was beautiful. It would have been great anyway, however, their Christmas lights and such are still up and fully lit. I took some photos but, I have not yet uploaded them to my facebook and I am currently at work. More than likely, I will post them in the next 24 hours.

The temperature was a slightly cold -23c/-30c (-9f/-22f) with windchill this morning. Beautiful, isn't it? There does not look to be much relief for this week either. Oh well. It's January and I'm in Canada. This is to be expected. Also, I don't mind the cold weather.

Well, I should return to work. Although I cannot do a whole lot. Our main server seems to be down... Have a great Monday, everyone! We're already into the last full week of January!
Old 01-21-2013, 09:21 AM

Last Achievements

When we come down for the movie viewing, let's go there!!! Also, when Hubby and I go cross-country to visit relatives (sometime after we get the kitchen completed and there is money left over) I will try to stop in. Nothing like inviting myself, huh? I really like the sound of this restaurant. Does Wayne like it, too? Hubby does not like Indian or Thai food, but he might like the salads.

Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
This is a vegetarian Indian buffet. They only cook with fresh ingredients, no can, frozen or processed foods allowed in their kitchen. They always have a salad bar, soup and change up the hot foods daily. You think salad is JUST salad but I cannot believe how darn tasty theirs is! As far as what I ate? It's hard to pronounce some of it and I don't think I really know what I even ate, I just scooped up stuff and it was just good!!! It has been my favorite restaurant for over 20 years before I became a vegetarian, then when I was vegetarian for 3 and half years, of course it was the best place to eat for me! I am no longer vegetarian but it is still my very favorite restaurant!!! I also have dairy and gluten allergies and all of their foods are marked so it is always safe for me to eat there! =)

By the way, this restaurant wins awards almost every year. The prices are fair as well under 10 bucks for lunch and a little over that for dinner. I am getting hungry!!!
Old 01-21-2013, 09:25 AM

Last Achievements

You and Made are so smart!!! I have always wondered about you and Brent. You are so good and brilliant about giving temps in both Celcius and Farenheit. Do you automatically calculate that or do you just "know" it? Here in the States, not many people outside the medical field do that.

Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
cold here too, -11c (12f) but feels like -21c (-5f) brrrrrrrrrr It is supposed to get down to -25c (-13f) by Wednesday. This was done to insure the snow stayed around for longer than a day!

LOL, I do the same with the laundry! We do not send all that warm air outside but vent it inside so that we get the heat and humidity in here. It is great, on laundry days we hardly turn up the furnace.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:27 AM

Last Achievements

Enjoy your day off, Star. You deserve it! Do you have a lot of K-cups still left?

Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
Good morning!

This is my day off and I am celebrating by doing the laundry!!!

But right now, I have to go to the store.

Enjoy your morning.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:29 AM

Last Achievements

Well, we are 49ers fans here, but we also like the Ravens. No matter who wins, Hubby will be buying the championship hat and T-shirt after the Super Bowl is over.

Originally Posted by jennifer91 View Post
I suppose I will have to root for the Ravens to win the Super Bowl this year. I am a huge Steelers fan, so this Super Bowl isn't too pretty for me. I would rather see anyone win over the 49ers. They cannot be tying us for #6!

To be honest, I am way more excited that hockey is back. I would be even if my Steelers were still in it. The past couple of years I have really enjoyed hockey. It's such an intense, fast-paced game - so much fun to watch throughout! Our next game is on Wednesday, so I have to wait a couple of days - boo!

I am off from school today so I will be catching up on some school/work stuff!