Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,971
Threads: 53,430
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,404)
Welcome to our newest member, BelenikovaRord
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Presentblue Black Friday 2012: The...
By Jeff Westover
11-23-2012 05:13 PM
48,575 Views  0 Posts
Emily's Highest Bough
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:47 PM
43,885 Views  0 Posts
star Charlie Brown Heads to...
By Jeff Westover
10-10-2012 10:09 PM
27,658 Views  0 Posts
Elf (Movie Review)
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:23 PM
Last post by Joyfully yours
11-18-2013 07:29 AM
61,235 Views  3 Posts
stocking Top Ten Reasons You...
By MMC Editor
09-23-2013 04:07 PM
13,730 Views  0 Posts

Old 01-22-2013, 07:08 PM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,444 Times in 9,243 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
Hubby had to drive to Yreka this afternoon and will not be home until 10 or 11 tonight. A friend of mine took me out to Starbuck's and now I am back home ready for bed! I am still so tired. Good night, all. MC, if you can't sleep, just count stitches!!!

I hope you are feeling more peppy soon, Seawaters !!! xo

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (08-28-2013), Seawaters (01-23-2013), shellie12 (01-23-2013), snowflake22 (01-22-2013), xmas365 (01-22-2013)
Old 01-22-2013, 07:27 PM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,444 Times in 9,243 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

Good evening, Christmas family !

A brisk and cold day today - just the way January is supposed to be !! Sat in front of the fire tonight for a while with Wish in my arms. I was telling him how much I love him and petting his little face. He seems to be holding his own so far. We got the latest set of blood work back and it is mixed I guess you could say as far as news. The BUN rose to 130, not good. However, the creatinine dropped from 3.4 to 2.4. High normal is 1.86 so not that far off !!

I asked if the BUN being that high would make him sick and the vet told me that usually they ARE really sick when it becomes that elevated. Then he asked me how Wish was acting. I told him Wish is acting his old self !! He DOES NOT act sick AT ALL !!! The vet told me that is really odd but that maybe Wish just didn't read the rules !!

Wish has a WONDERFUL appetite and truly is his old self. His breath has even gotten better - not to be too terribly graphic but his breath was very uroseptic smelling and now it is MUCH better.

The doc also told me the prognosis is likely to be less than six months. If it is, at least I know we both pitched in so that he could have a QUALITY life even in the end. And If the vet is WRONG about the six months and he somehow has longer, I will of course have more time to love him. xo We will just have to see.

Things have been quite rocky around here lately. I won't go into detail here. But I could certainly use a Fortress of Solitude like Superman has to go to...............Wishful thinking, I guess. I just should not have put myself in such a situation.

I am falling asleep as I type so I will say goodnight. xo I hope all have a very, very magical and Christmassy evening.

(((HUGS))) to all ESPECIALLY TO:
Ella, Harlowe, Snowball, Gomez, Ophelia, Sidney, Alex, Merlin, Snickers, Victor, Daisy, Diva, Mickey, Palmer, Mouse, Bo, Chico, Meca, Alvin, Charlie, Gary, Bailey, Jerrold, Irving, Martha, Uncle Julio, Missy, Scooby, Sasha, Jacob, Cracker, Bunny B, Penny, Pocket, LuLu, Bear-Bear, Stripey, Holly, Fate Puppy (London,) Buster, Missy, Baby, Santa's Polar Bears, Sangria, O'Malley, Beau, Taz, Zema, Rizzo, Bella, Happy, Sam, Guinness, Holly Noel, Larry SR, Mama, and all furkids everywhere xoxoo

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (01-23-2013), Christmas-A-Holic (01-23-2013), Christmasstar (08-28-2013), Seawaters (01-23-2013), shellie12 (01-23-2013), snowflake22 (01-22-2013), xmas365 (01-22-2013)
Old 01-22-2013, 07:33 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

Christmas Knight has shown a merry dispositionChristmas Knight has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
Sorry, Knight, I just realized I forgot to include the link to the pictures I've uploaded. Please understand it's a work in progress.

http://www.mymerrychristmas.com/foru...hp?albumid=717
Awesome Brad, I've always loved the camaros. Unfortunately I'm on the free version, so I can't view your pics but good luck with it! My father and I have been working on a 51 mercury for a long time, when we got it, it was a 3 speed manual, no power steering and the original flathead engine in it, all that's been changed now. Anywho... Good luck with the car!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Christmas Knight For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (01-23-2013), caninemom3 (01-22-2013), Christmasstar (08-28-2013), Seawaters (01-23-2013), shellie12 (01-23-2013), snowflake22 (01-22-2013), xmas365 (01-22-2013)
Old 01-22-2013, 07:50 PM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 81,680 Times in 13,782 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by caninemom3 View Post

A brisk and cold day today - just the way January is supposed to be !! Sat in front of the fire tonight for a while with Wish in my arms. I was telling him how much I love him and petting his little face. He seems to be holding his own so far. We got the latest set of blood work back and it is mixed I guess you could say as far as news. The BUN rose to 130, not good. However, the creatinine dropped from 3.4 to 2.4. High normal is 1.86 so not that far off !!

I asked if the BUN being that high would make him sick and the vet told me that usually they ARE really sick when it becomes that elevated. Then he asked me how Wish was acting. I told him Wish is acting his old self !! He DOES NOT act sick AT ALL !!! The vet told me that is really odd but that maybe Wish just didn't read the rules !!

Wish has a WONDERFUL appetite and truly is his old self. His breath has even gotten better - not to be too terribly graphic but his breath was very uroseptic smelling and now it is MUCH better.

The doc also told me the prognosis is likely to be less than six months. If it is, at least I know we both pitched in so that he could have a QUALITY life even in the end. And If the vet is WRONG about the six months and he somehow has longer, I will of course have more time to love him. xo We will just have to see.

Things have been quite rocky around here lately. I won't go into detail here. But I could certainly use a Fortress of Solitude like Superman has to go to...............Wishful thinking, I guess. I just should not have put myself in such a situation.

I am falling asleep as I type so I will say goodnight. xo I hope all have a very, very magical and Christmassy evening.

Ella, Harlowe, Snowball, Gomez, Ophelia, Sidney, Alex, Merlin, Snickers, Victor, Daisy, Diva, Mickey, Palmer, Mouse, Bo, Chico, Meca, Alvin, Charlie, Gary, Bailey, Jerrold, Irving, Martha, Uncle Julio, Missy, Scooby, Sasha, Jacob, Cracker, Bunny B, Penny, Pocket, LuLu, Bear-Bear, Stripey, Holly, Fate Puppy (London,) Buster, Missy, Baby, Santa's Polar Bears, Sangria, O'Malley, Beau, Taz, Zema, Rizzo, Bella, Happy, Sam, Guinness, Holly Noel, Larry SR, Mama, and all furkids everywhere xoxoo

I'm so happy that Wish is doing well! It's good you had an open talk w/ his Vet. And Wish's actions are telling great things. Please give him an extra hug for us. Xo

Thinking of you otherwise, as well! If you want to chat, you know where to find me. Sending hugs. Xo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-22-2013, 07:54 PM
*<[:{) Ho ho ho!!!

Last Achievements

Thanked 69,827 Times in 13,903 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by caninemom3 View Post

You are in my thoughts.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:57 PM
*<[:{) Ho ho ho!!!

Last Achievements

Thanked 69,827 Times in 13,903 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I have to be up at 5am, at work by 6. Sooo...

Good night everyone.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:18 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 11,448 Times in 1,960 Posts
xmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by xmastidings View Post
I was sort of just perusing around MMC and I noticed that the Member of the month has not been updated. So, who were the November, December and January(13) member of the month winners?
[QUOTE=made582;499474]Me, me, and me!!!! LOL!!!!

(I really don't know.)

I'll tell you what, how about you vote for me and I'll vote for you then there will only be only the month of January left and then we can both vote for someone else...

The Bell Still Rings for me,
as it does for all who truly Believe!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to xmastidings For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (01-23-2013), caninemom3 (01-23-2013), Christmasstar (08-28-2013), made582 (01-22-2013), Seawaters (01-23-2013), shellie12 (01-23-2013), snowflake22 (01-22-2013), whitney37354 (01-24-2013), xmas365 (01-22-2013)
Old 01-22-2013, 08:43 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 36,213 Times in 5,585 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
Good luck as you "regroup."
I did it! I did it! I'm just using scrap yarn for now, but I'll hang onto the sample to refer to when I actually make the afghan in the future. I had one too many ripples before "turning back" at the center. The rest of the pattern is incredibly complex to follow. "Sc in unused lp at base of 3rd dc of next cluster ..." Doesn't make much sense until you figure out she just wants you to sc in the bottom point of a ripple, for instance. If you look at what you're working on, you can kinda see where the designer wants you to go. Wish me luck. If I ever succeed in making this for real, it should be a stunner. Holy cow. I dunno what she was drinking when she devised this pattern.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (01-23-2013), Meceka (01-23-2013), Seawaters (01-23-2013), shellie12 (01-23-2013), snowflake22 (01-22-2013), whitney37354 (01-24-2013), xmas365 (01-23-2013), xmastidings (01-22-2013)
Old 01-22-2013, 08:52 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 11,448 Times in 1,960 Posts
xmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
I did it! I did it! I'm just using scrap yarn for now, but I'll hang onto the sample to refer to when I actually make the afghan in the future. I had one too many ripples before "turning back" at the center. The rest of the pattern is incredibly complex to follow. "Sc in unused lp at base of 3rd dc of next cluster ..." Doesn't make much sense until you figure out she just wants you to sc in the bottom point of a ripple, for instance. If you look at what you're working on, you can kinda see where the designer wants you to go. Wish me luck. If I ever succeed in making this for real, it should be a stunner. Holy cow. I dunno what she was drinking when she devised this pattern.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's great! You'll have to show us all your handywork later on. Oh, by the way, with the weather as cold as it is, I am all nice and toasty sitting in front of the fireplace wrapped up in your Afgan...I'm hap-hap-hap-happy right about now~

The Bell Still Rings for me,
as it does for all who truly Believe!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to xmastidings For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (01-23-2013), Christmasstar (08-28-2013), Seawaters (01-23-2013), shellie12 (01-23-2013), snowflake22 (01-22-2013), xmas365 (01-23-2013)
Old 01-22-2013, 09:35 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 143,667 Times in 26,454 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Goodnight Everyone!!!!!

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the Binger to replace Letterman as the Late Show Host movement!!!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (01-23-2013), caninemom3 (01-23-2013), Christmasstar (08-28-2013), Seawaters (01-23-2013), shellie12 (01-23-2013), snowflake22 (01-23-2013), xmas365 (01-23-2013)