Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,078
Threads: 53,832
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, JoseChung

Old 01-23-2013, 04:51 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,619 Times in 12,678 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I have liked them all, too. When I read them, I didn't picture anyone like Tom Cruise! Did you?

Originally Posted by Meceka View Post
I've read a few of the Reacher novels ~ they are really good!
Old 01-23-2013, 04:54 PM

Last Achievements

Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
We went to Voodoo Donut Shop in Portland, Oregon. Man, their variety was huge! They even had some X-Rated ones!

Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
Wayne and I just got back from taking a little walk at the lake. The sun is bright and it's getting warm! Still want a little more winter weather before spring gets here but it sure is pretty outside!

On the way back we stopped at that donut shop that was on the news the other day and saw their famous bacon donut. I wanted to try it but I have gluten allergies and donuts have gluten! I couldn't buy anything for myself but I just wanted to check out the selection. I bought one for my son that is coated with jalapeno peppers and Tabasco sauce! It's a surprise for him and he will be surprised! Ha ha! He loves spicy food so I am curious if he likes it. Wayne got one covered in M&M's. I hope those donuts are good, one was 3 bucks and the other was 4 bucks! Yikes! That's will probably be a one time splurge!
Old 01-23-2013, 04:55 PM

Last Achievements

Is that your sweet baby? So cute!

Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
good chilly, snowy , blowy morning to you all!
perfect day for this....
Old 01-23-2013, 04:57 PM

Last Achievements

Did you end up getting snow for real? Or was the weather forecast wrong?

Originally Posted by xmastidings View Post
Hark, Do my ears and eyes deceive me? Snow, real and actual snow that will fall from the sky and lay on the ground without melting in 2.3 seconds.... I'm in shock, It's been so long I forgot what it looked like; lol
Here this is from Foots forecast....

Winter Stormcast | Mid-Atlantic

11:00 AM 1/22/13 | Snowcover For Most Of The Mid-Atlantic?

Jack Frost has arrived bringing with him a rush of Arctic air to the mid-Atlantic, but aren’t you wondering if it is so cold, will it snow? Well the answer is, yes, at least for most of you. A snowstorm should move through the mid-Atlantic on Friday bringing moderate snow across much of the mid-Atlantic region.

TIMING:
Precipitation will move into West Virginia, wester...n Maryland, and western Pennsylvania early Friday morning. It will push east through the day, arriving to all areas by sundown. The snow will continue through Friday, possibly heavy at times Friday afternoon and evening. It should begin to taper off in West Virginia, western PA, and western MD around midnight Friday night. Areas further east will see snow end between midnight and sunrise Saturday morning.

Precipitation TYPE:
Most of the mid-Atlantic is expected to see mainly snow, but some southern areas such as MD, southern Pennsylvania, DE, and southern NJ could see some mixing with sleet and freezing rain at times. This will make travel difficult as many of these areas will see the wintry mix change over to plain snow leaving a hidden layer of ice below the snow.

IMPACTS:
This system will be a high impact event and affect a large area with many metropolitan cities possibly being affected including Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Washington D.C., Philadelphia, Newark, and New York City. Road conditions will deteriorate through the day Friday leading to difficult travel Friday evening. Many areas of Pennsylvania, New York, and central New Jersey could see temperatures well below 32 degrees so as the snow melts due to the sun, the roads will quickly refreeze leading to icy roadways. Travel will be improving by Saturday morning, but with the reinforcing shot of cold air for the weekend, black ice could be an issue in many areas. Our models show total accumulations from this system of 2-4” across the mid-Atlantic. There is still some variation in the models so there could be some changes with that. Some areas including DE, NJ, and eastern MD could see some additional snowfall on top of that depending on how quickly the storm redevelops when it gets to the coast. Other areas of Pennsylvania and New York could see higher totals because temperatures could possibly be in the teens, leading to higher than normal snow to liquid ratios.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:12 PM

Last Achievements

Why does Mouse's paw give her trouble? How do you put Palmer in time-out? I would love to see that. How does she know it's time for her to get out of time-out?

Originally Posted by Meceka View Post
Good afternoon from the frigid mid-west, MMC!

What a time the past few days have been. Late Saturday the power went out and it did not get restored until late Monday afternoon. By then the temperature was down to 37 in the house. I was so worried about Mouse ~ she hates the cold as she feels the pain in her paw so much more. I kept covering her up with polar fleece blankets. We had candles lit, but they did not throw much heat. When the power was finally restored, the furnace did not go off for hours. Mouse loved it ~ she lays right in front of the register and sleeps. Early Tuesday morning, I woke up feeling cold again ~ yep, the furnace had gone out. Made an emergency call to the shop that installed it and about a half hour later, a repairman showed up. Turns out he is our neighbor who lives a quarter mile down the road. I was so fed up with all the trouble that furnace has been giving us I was ready to buy a new one ~ not that I can really afford one now, but it seemed like it was essential. My neighbor said that the furnace we have is an excellent one, the shop carries all the parts to fix it and so there is no need to replace it. Turns out it was only an igniter that needed to be replaced and the charge is going to be under 100, 65 of which is the service call. As I type this, the temperature is a balmy 64 in here, Mouse is still sleeping in front of the register and Palmer is in a time-out. Yes, things are finally back to normal. All the outdoor fur kids are fine ~ the cats were playing when the sun was out, but have since gone to bed. Shaggy is still out ~ he loves the cold.

I was supposed to be out in BC today, buying pet food and looking for stock, but that town gets way too cold as it is so near the lake. I am going to brave it tomorrow ~ it is supposed to be a few degrees warmer and if I move real quick, I should get a lot done and stay warm.

Work beckons. I hope everyone is havina a MERRY day and is staying warm!
Old 01-23-2013, 05:13 PM

Last Achievements

What a gorgeous picture!

Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
Good afternoon!!

It's a balmy 12° here

Harlowe and I went on a walk and had fun playing in the fresh snow!!

Flurries are supposed to continue throughout the day, and then start up again on Friday. And it's supposed to be in the 20's by the weekend!

Hope you all stay warm & safe out there!!

Attachment 1523
Old 01-23-2013, 05:15 PM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 99,403 Times in 17,322 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
What a gorgeous picture!
Thanks! Another winter wallpaper!!

Tried to post a video from my phone, but couldn't. Blowing & drifting snow here today, practically a white out.

How did your appointment go? xx
Old 01-23-2013, 05:20 PM

Last Achievements

Oooo. Good one, Made!!!

Originally Posted by made582 View Post
This explains a lot-

Old 01-23-2013, 06:08 PM

Last Achievements

I wish we could see the video, darn it! I got to the doctor's office a little after 8:00 a.m. The receptionist told me it would be a three-hour wait! I ended up taking a short nap, believe it or not. At 11:30, I called the school to let the principal know that I still had not been in to see the doctor, and the secretary told me they would take care of it. I got in to see the doctor after 12 noon. After she signed the bra prescription, I went to the cancer bra store and luckily the clerk had my size and everything. So I came home with some new you-know-whats!!! The reason for the delay at the doctor's office was that today was her first day back from vacation and I guess everyone wanted to see her! I got back home around 3:30 and the pharmacy did not have the medicine in stock, so they called a pharmacy in the next town. I ended up driving there to get the prescription filled. What a day! I kept yawning while I was waiting for my prescription. I feel lots better now that I have taken some meds!

Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
Thanks! Another winter wallpaper!!

Tried to post a video from my phone, but couldn't. Blowing & drifting snow here today, practically a white out.

How did your appointment go? xx
Old 01-23-2013, 06:16 PM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 99,403 Times in 17,322 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
I wish we could see the video, darn it! I got to the doctor's office a little after 8:00 a.m. The receptionist told me it would be a three-hour wait! I ended up taking a short nap, believe it or not. At 11:30, I called the school to let the principal know that I still had not been in to see the doctor, and the secretary told me they would take care of it. I got in to see the doctor after 12 noon. After she signed the bra prescription, I went to the cancer bra store and luckily the clerk had my size and everything. So I came home with some new you-know-whats!!! The reason for the delay at the doctor's office was that today was her first day back from vacation and I guess everyone wanted to see her! I got back home around 3:30 and the pharmacy did not have the medicine in stock, so they called a pharmacy in the next town. I ended up driving there to get the prescription filled. What a day! I kept yawning while I was waiting for my prescription. I feel lots better now that I have taken some meds!
Wow!! What a day!!!
I'm tired just thinking about it!
Glad you're feeling better now xo