Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,081
Threads: 53,868
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,459)
Welcome to our newest member, Blitz

Old 01-27-2013, 07:43 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 156,745 Times in 29,001 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by ballcoach View Post
Oh, friends....

the flu has arrived in our house....I'm so sore my fingers hurt when I type and my feet hurt when I walk....just aches....

We went to bed last night early...got almost 12 hours of sleep...before we went to bed we both had a 101 temp.

But it is what you make of it....wifey is sitting in her chair right beside me and we are getting to just sit and visit....something it seems we don't get to do often....

Always find the silver lining....

Praying that both of you feel better soon friend.

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (01-27-2013), caninemom3 (01-27-2013), Christmasstar (01-27-2013), Seawaters (01-27-2013), shellie12 (01-27-2013), snowflake22 (01-27-2013), sugar142286 (05-26-2013), xmas365 (01-27-2013)

Old 01-27-2013, 07:53 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 52,340 Times in 9,501 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Oh, friends....

the flu has arrived in our house....I'm so sore my fingers hurt when I type and my feet hurt when I walk....just aches....

We went to bed last night early...got almost 12 hours of sleep...before we went to bed we both had a 101 temp.

But it is what you make of it....wifey is sitting in her chair right beside me and we are getting to just sit and visit....something it seems we don't get to do often....

I hope you get well soon!

I know what you mean by that silver lining! When Wayne was in the hospital with his heart problem I spent 3 nights with him there in a bed by his. We did make the best of it since he was still in good spirits and actually felt well, just heart fluttering (which was still a bit scary). We really had a nice time together, talking, laughing watching funny stuff on TV. We wondered if the nurses and doctors thought we were having a party in his room! We still talk about our time we spent there. Sure, I was worried sick about him and don't want to be back at the hospital but like you said, "it is what you make of it". I think the funniest part being in the hospital that we were watching a Bugs Bunny cartoon that we have seen over and over since we were kids and suddenly we were laughing so hard at it that we had tears streaming down our face. I don't think that particular cartoon was that funny in the past but it was hilarious that day. We still laugh thinking about that. Of course if he was there in critical condition, I think it would be a bit hard to stay upbeat but Wayne and I were taking walks through the hospital and his appetite was well so it went okay!

Take care of yourself! I am glad your wife is there to cheer you up!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (01-27-2013), caninemom3 (01-27-2013), Christmasstar (01-27-2013), Seawaters (01-27-2013), shellie12 (01-27-2013), Snow-in-Texas (01-27-2013), snowflake22 (01-27-2013), sugar142286 (05-26-2013), xmas365 (01-27-2013)
Old 01-27-2013, 08:04 AM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 4,786 Times in 1,185 Posts
Snow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the tree
Oh, friends....

I hope you feel better soon Ballcoach!!!

Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
I hope you get well soon!

I know what you mean by that silver lining! When Wayne was in the hospital with his heart problem I spent 3 nights with him there in a bed by his. We did make the best of it since he was still in good spirits and actually felt well, just heart fluttering (which was still a bit scary). We really had a nice time together, talking, laughing watching funny stuff on TV. We wondered if the nurses and doctors thought we were having a party in his room! We still talk about our time we spent there. Sure, I was worried sick about him and don't want to be back at the hospital but like you said, "it is what you make of it". I think the funniest part being in the hospital that we were watching a Bugs Bunny cartoon that we have seen over and over since we were kids and suddenly we were laughing so hard at it that we had tears streaming down our face. I don't think that particular cartoon was that funny in the past but it was hilarious that day. We still laugh thinking about that. Of course if he was there in critical condition, I think it would be a bit hard to stay upbeat but Wayne and I were taking walks through the hospital and his appetite was well so it went okay!

Take care of yourself! I am glad your wife is there to cheer you up!
That is one of the things I love about our relationship, we can take a bad situation and make it better. I actually have fond memories about those days in the hospital, not that I want to go through that again of course. We can be silly together and have fun doing stuff most people find boring.

They must be listening to The Greasy Skillet Show. Hosted by RadioJonD! Every Saturday night 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM Eastern time!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Snow-in-Texas For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (01-27-2013), caninemom3 (01-27-2013), Christmas-A-Holic (01-27-2013), Christmasstar (01-27-2013), Seawaters (01-27-2013), shellie12 (01-27-2013), snowflake22 (01-27-2013), sugar142286 (05-26-2013), xmas365 (01-27-2013)
Old 01-27-2013, 08:11 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 100,307 Times in 17,522 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
We missed the Skillet last night! I messed up the day with taking a late afternoon nap but it sure was worth it!!! We had ran a lot of errands in the morning then went to lunch, ran more errands, we came by the house and I laid down "for a second" the next thing I knew I woke up almost 2 hours later. We still had a few more errands to run so we went after my late afternoon nap and didn't get in until almost 9:30 pm. The Greasy Skillet was over! We also went out for dinner. We rarely go out to eat twice in one day, kind of costly but since we had a gift certificate that covered lunch and a coupon for dinner we went for it. Yes, I am a coupon junky!!! Anytime I can save money I am happy!

We were at Walmart before 9:00 pm, by the time we went to check out it was 9:10 pm and headed to the garden section since we were parked in that area. The guy was real nice and said the registers in that area close at 9:00 pm but he went ahead and rang us up. He said, "Remember that for next time that you can't check out here at that time". I laughed and said, "There will not be a next time, we are usually in bed by 9:00 pm". Then said "we sound really old, don't we"? On the way home I told Wayne we are just wild party animals staying out so late!

We actually went to 2 different Walmarts yesterday and I saw the bike I want! Wayne told me to go ahead and get it but I told him I better "sleep on it" and decide later.

Have a Merry Day my friends!
That's exciting that you found your bike!!
I may be asking questions soon

Adrian is joining a bike club here, and I want to get into biking more, again. He can do his long rides & hard core biking w/ his group, and go on scenic ones w/ me =]
Old 01-27-2013, 08:12 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Oh, friends....

Thinking of you & your wife, coach. Feel better soon!!
Old 01-27-2013, 08:13 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Snow-in-Texas View Post
I hope you feel better soon Ballcoach!!!

That is one of the things I love about our relationship, we can take a bad situation and make it better. I actually have fond memories about those days in the hospital, not that I want to go through that again of course. We can be silly together and have fun doing stuff most people find boring.
I just love hearing @ love stories such as yours and ballcoach's!! Beautiful!
Old 01-27-2013, 09:21 AM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,115 Times in 937 Posts
jennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the tree
Praying for Seawaters, Coach, and Coach's wife to all feel better very soon. There is nothing that I hate more than throwing up or getting the flu! Hoping for a speedy recovery. Relax and rest!

I have been so busy lately that I haven't found the time to make a post. On Friday I was not able to go to class because we ended up with five or six inches of snow. My professor told me that it was fine that I didn't go, that the roads were very bad. I am not sure if I will make it to class tomorrow, either! We are supposed to get freezing rain, sleet, and ice overnight tonight. If the roads are bad in the morning I am not going to risk driving.

Today it is going to be a relatively low-key day relaxing at home. I am going to make something for dinner, but I am not sure what yet. It is cold out so I want to make something really good. I have a Penguins game to watch early this evening at 5 PM. I am hoping that they win. We started the season off strong with two wins, but we lost the past two games. We need to get on a winning streak!

I am all caught up on my work/homework, so I am off to relax for a little this morning! Have a Super Sunday, everyone! Hope you and your families are all doing well.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jennifer91 For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (01-27-2013), Christmasstar (01-27-2013), Ryan (01-28-2013), Seawaters (01-27-2013), snowflake22 (01-27-2013), sugar142286 (05-26-2013), xmas365 (01-27-2013)
Old 01-27-2013, 09:26 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by jennifer91 View Post
Praying for Seawaters, Coach, and Coach's wife to all feel better very soon. There is nothing that I hate more than throwing up or getting the flu! Hoping for a speedy recovery. Relax and rest!

I have been so busy lately that I haven't found the time to make a post. On Friday I was not able to go to class because we ended up with five or six inches of snow. My professor told me that it was fine that I didn't go, that the roads were very bad. I am not sure if I will make it to class tomorrow, either! We are supposed to get freezing rain, sleet, and ice overnight tonight. If the roads are bad in the morning I am not going to risk driving.

Today it is going to be a relatively low-key day relaxing at home. I am going to make something for dinner, but I am not sure what yet. It is cold out so I want to make something really good. I have a Penguins game to watch early this evening at 5 PM. I am hoping that they win. We started the season off strong with two wins, but we lost the past two games. We need to get on a winning streak!

I am all caught up on my work/homework, so I am off to relax for a little this morning! Have a Super Sunday, everyone! Hope you and your families are all doing well.
Hey Jennifer!!

Enjoy your Sunday!!

I was just trying to figure out dinner, myself! It has to be something good, and warm- comfort food!

We are expecting the same weather, and have a winter storm warning. It started last night, but tapered off. Love the snow, but the ice scares me.

Stay safe!!
Old 01-27-2013, 09:28 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,411 Times in 5,944 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I watched Safety Last from 1923 starring Harold Lloyd. It was very funny. I have been looking for his work for some time and was finally able to find a DVD to add to my collection.
Yes, we've seen that one! Someone gave us this box set of Harold Lloyd a few years ago for Christmas---I don't think we've seen everything in it yet. I'm more of a Keaton fan, myself.

When I lived in Maryland, the downtown movie house that was built in 1926, the Tivoli, had a working theater organ. They used to show a few silent films a year accompanied by the organ. I used to write the pieces that went in the newspaper telling about the films that would be shown. There was a special thrill in seeing a silent film with the organ in a theater where these films were shown for the first time.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (01-27-2013), Christmasstar (01-27-2013), Ryan (01-28-2013), Seawaters (01-27-2013), snowflake22 (01-27-2013), sugar142286 (05-26-2013), xmas365 (01-27-2013)
Old 01-27-2013, 09:33 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,411 Times in 5,944 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by caninemom3 View Post
I had completely forgotten the genius of Harold Lloyd !!! He was amazing !! xo
There's a very good documentary about him---I think it's called "Harold Lloyd: The Third Genius." (The other two geniuses of silent comedy are considered to be Charlie Chaplin and Buster Keaton.) I taped it off of PBS years ago, but I don't know if we have it on DVD. I briefly met Ernie Morrison, who was a little black boy in some of Lloyd's short films. I remember he had passed away before the documentary aired, and I was both happy and sad to see him in the documentary talking about Lloyd.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post: