Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,973
Threads: 53,444
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,043)
Welcome to our newest member, Norrisrals
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
santahat Remember when Black...
By MMC Editor
11-12-2013 12:55 AM
Last post by thechristmasmusicman
01-27-2014 10:42 AM
18,526 Views  4 Posts
History of the Candy Cane
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:13 PM
53,904 Views  0 Posts
Bells The Nativity Part III:...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:45 PM
79,128 Views  0 Posts
Christmas in America...
By MMC Editor
10-18-2011 01:41 AM
64,325 Views  0 Posts
O Holy Night
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:20 PM
60,932 Views  0 Posts

Old 01-28-2013, 04:54 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,342 Times in 12,630 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
We could each bring a chair and then leave it with you for another screening!!! I would love to see the Christmas movies.

Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
You'd be totally underwhelmed by the "theater"! It's in a small finished area of the basement and consists of a screen, two chairs, an Epson MovieMate, and a 16mm projector patched out to a stereo system! But you'd see movies here you likely wouldn't see anywhere else. You'd be surprised at how much wonderful stuff HASN'T been released on DVDs. On 16mm we have stuff from every decade from the 1920s to the 1980s, but heaviest on the 1930s and 1940s---lots of comedy, music, and mysteries, but also a little drama and Western. And a nice selection of Christmas movies!
Old 01-28-2013, 05:02 PM

Last Achievements

Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
We had a good day at school today. I had to choose Student of the Month, and I chose a kid who has been a pain for a good part of the year. I have worked with him on his classroom behavior, and he has improved greatly, especially this month. I told the principal that I had chosen Giordan, and she was thrilled. I told her that I wanted to reward his improvement, and I think it might help him to continue improving, especially with the new teacher. I can hardly wait to see his face when it is announced. He will get to have lunch with the principal. Even though it will be a pizza lunch, he will still get to have Round Table pizza with us (the other students and me). I don't think he has ever won Student of the Month in all his four years at our school! The announcement will be made on Wednesday.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:28 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,492 Times in 9,045 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
I just a had a "Crown Special." I took a nap.

It wasn't planned, it just happened. It was short but it was refreshing.
Originally Posted by Crown 84 View Post
Well, say now. Sometimes those are the best kinds!
I took one of those naps late Saturday afternoon and it was greeeeeat!

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (01-28-2013), Seawaters (01-28-2013), snowflake22 (01-28-2013), sugar142286 (05-26-2013), xmas365 (01-28-2013)
Old 01-28-2013, 05:36 PM
Official MMC Countmeister

Last Achievements

Thanked 24,071 Times in 2,770 Posts
Crown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Maybe we should form a nap club.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:37 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by caninemom3 View Post
IT'S BEAUTIFUL !!!!!! How nice of Wayne..but then he is such a nice man....I envy you but am happy for you too !! xoxoxoxo

Thanks! He is good to me! And thanks for the compliment on the bike. The bike is a bit wild in color and old fashioned looking. Might not be the style a lot of people like in a bike, but it's my bike and I love it!

I tried out the mountain bikes and some other styles but the cruiser bikes just feel more comfortable to me.

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (01-28-2013), made582 (01-28-2013), Seawaters (01-28-2013), snowflake22 (01-28-2013), sugar142286 (05-26-2013), xmas365 (01-28-2013)
Old 01-28-2013, 05:39 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Crown 84 View Post
Maybe we should form a nap club.
I'm in!!!

I needed one of those Crown Specials today but just couldn't fall asleep!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (01-28-2013), made582 (01-28-2013), Seawaters (01-28-2013), snowflake22 (01-28-2013), sugar142286 (05-26-2013), xmas365 (01-28-2013)
Old 01-28-2013, 05:49 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I have been monkey stomped often! I have one "monkey" who is almost 8 and one that is 5...one of their favorite hobbies is to jump on their poor dad!

I hope you and the Mrs. get feeling better!
If that's the case of being monkey stomped, I have had plenty of it!!! Lol
Originally Posted by ballcoach View Post
And to top it off, Doc, you act like I have the cooties....you are a doctor...haven't you had your cooties shot...oh wait...your the dr. who gave me a flu shot...no wonder you nervous....

(As you know, there is no shot for H1N1, just letting some frustration out...if I did this outside, then would pick me and dispose of me)

So it's just gonna be a lot of ballcoach on here the next couple of days....
Good to have you here but..... be here HEALTHY! Get well!
Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
What's this "snow" stuff everyone keeps talking about, anyways? It's supposed to be 80°f here on Wednesday.
Very warm weather here too!
Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
I have heard having a Santa out year round is good luck!
I always keep a few Santas out every year.
Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
We had a good day at school today. I had to choose Student of the Month, and I chose a kid who has been a pain for a good part of the year. I have worked with him on his classroom behavior, and he has improved greatly, especially this month. I told the principal that I had chosen Giordan, and she was thrilled. I told her that I wanted to reward his improvement, and I think it might help him to continue improving, especially with the new teacher. I can hardly wait to see his face when it is announced. He will get to have lunch with the principal. Even though it will be a pizza lunch, he will still get to have Round Table pizza with us (the other students and me). I don't think he has ever won Student of the Month in all his four years at our school! The announcement will be made on Wednesday.
That is so very nice of you!!! I am sure that kid will remember that and always will strive to do well in the future!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (01-28-2013), Bradmac (01-29-2013), caninemom3 (01-28-2013), made582 (01-28-2013), Ryan (01-29-2013), Seawaters (01-28-2013), snowflake22 (01-28-2013), sugar142286 (05-26-2013), xmas365 (01-28-2013)
Old 01-28-2013, 06:13 PM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 82,557 Times in 13,922 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
That is wonderful, Seawaters!!

I'm sure that will be added encouragement & incentive that Giordan welcomes!

Let us know his reaction

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,219 Times in 12,636 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Hospital emergency wards can be so boring! My eldest is here with a very bad cough that us making her sore and throw up. I think they forgot we are here. Waiting for chest X-rays.
She has been sick for some time but refused to get checked out until I made her come. We have been here since 4pm and it is now 8:15pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk see, I actually figured it out.. Thanks Merry!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (01-29-2013), caninemom3 (01-28-2013), Seawaters (01-28-2013), snowflake22 (01-28-2013), sugar142286 (05-26-2013), xmas365 (01-28-2013)

Last Achievements

I LOVE the old-fashioned look!!! I also like the color!

Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
Thanks! He is good to me! And thanks for the compliment on the bike. The bike is a bit wild in color and old fashioned looking. Might not be the style a lot of people like in a bike, but it's my bike and I love it!

I tried out the mountain bikes and some other styles but the cruiser bikes just feel more comfortable to me.