Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,973
Threads: 53,442
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,043)
Welcome to our newest member, Norrisrals
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
"The Child Who Saw Santa...
By MerryCarey
10-26-2011 09:01 AM
0 Posts
Christmas in America...
By MMC Editor
10-18-2011 01:41 AM
64,316 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Crackers
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:18 PM
49,463 Views  0 Posts
Of Greatest Worth
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:29 PM
45,162 Views  0 Posts
Xtree1 Don't Say Goodbye, Just...
By MMC Editor
10-19-2011 08:07 PM
0 Posts

Old 01-29-2013, 08:07 AM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 27,626 Times in 4,414 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Haha...I know how that goes. So does my wife...don't know how many times a week I make an inappropriate joke or immature comment and hear her say, "How old are you?"
Old 01-29-2013, 08:16 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 82,537 Times in 13,909 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Snowflake

Good Morning, friends!!

Happy Tuesday =]

What are your plans for the day?

I need to do some housework, course reading, and Harlowe
walking

It's really slippery outside! It's still sleeting, and just cold enough to freeze over good. I'm glad I don't have to do any running around today.

Hope you all have a fabulous day!!!

Old 01-29-2013, 08:17 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,342 Times in 12,630 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Amen!!! But they are witty and clever anyway!!!

Originally Posted by caninemom3 View Post
You don't have to be witty or clever....Just being you is wonderful enough and the fact that you bring us the countdown !!! Have a great day !! xo
Old 01-29-2013, 08:19 AM

Last Achievements

Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Thanks for the info, LOL!!! I am too Southern to be Canadian, even if I did celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving last October!!!

Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
OK, we know you are not Canadian! LOL

Timmy's is short for Tim Hortons which is a popular coffee shop found in almost every center in Canada.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:22 AM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 27,626 Times in 4,414 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good Tuesday morning, my Christmas friends!

I went to my brother's shop yesterday to look at the paint color on a truck he was working on. It was a very light silver with extra metallic flake in it...that's the paint for me! While I was there, I did some more final touch stuff for the equipment going back under the hood. Things like the A/C & heater covers that were looking rough, we pulled out and sanded & painted them. We're putting all new hoses on, then re-wrapping all the wiring harnesses so everything looks fresh & new.

And I finally got some sleep last night!

I hope y'all have a great day!
Old 01-29-2013, 08:24 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,491 Times in 9,045 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
that is what I have at work...wash dishes, stop, serve customers, out of lettuce fill bins, serve customers, wash more dishes, need more ham, fill a bin, serve customers, microwaves need cleaning, oh yeah the dishes still not done....etc etc there is no way around this as all these things need to be done.
True! Now if I could come up with a good excuse at home! Umm... Well... my dogs needed attention, I can't mop the floor. The sun was shining and I wanted to get outside so I can't do the laundry. Wayne and I want to go out for the day and play so no getting yard work done! The distractions never end at home! Those are great excuses to not get work done! Oh yeah, Made needs his dishes done so mine get neglected! What's up with that? (My projects finally get done eventually!)

At work I have valid reasons not to get certain things done right away, customers first! I eventually get my work done because I hate unfinished projects at work. It gets so hectic at work at times but it's a fun job!

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (01-29-2013), Christmasstar (01-29-2013), Seawaters (01-29-2013), snowflake22 (01-29-2013), xmas365 (01-29-2013)
Old 01-29-2013, 08:26 AM

Last Achievements

I just realized that this is me at home too!!!

Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
I would have loved to open the window but we only have one in our room and our air conditioner is in it. It would also get a little noisy if the window is opened because we face the street.

That's me at home!!! I do very well at work, very efficient fast worker but just awful when I'm home!!!!!
Old 01-29-2013, 08:28 AM

Last Achievements

It still sounds fabulous!!! You are probably the only one who caught that!!! And to think I trusted them!

Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
'Fraid so. The "theater" can seat three (two upholstered chairs and a folding chair) comfortably; we can squeeze in four when we need to. It also houses an editing bench, media shelves, and a modest sound system with a turntable.

Back up a little, Crown---time warp at the 'Pines---it's Tuesday where I am.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:29 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 26,388 Times in 4,398 Posts
ballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good morning! Hope this finds everyone well...as for me, I'm on the road to recovery...just feel so dang tired....gotta get better before this weekend...my bil and I have plans to do some hunting....so I gotta be ready!

As for today, I'm going to lay around and try to get over the body aches...I will say this...at least the superbowl is going on....that way I can watch something good while laying around!!

Should be back later....see yall then!

Have glove will travel
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ballcoach For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (01-29-2013), caninemom3 (01-29-2013), Christmasstar (01-29-2013), mgramsey (01-29-2013), Ryan (01-29-2013), Seawaters (01-29-2013), snowflake22 (01-29-2013), xmas365 (01-29-2013)
Old 01-29-2013, 08:29 AM

Last Achievements

Either way, I would love to have you, Xmas, and everyone else!!!

Originally Posted by made582 View Post
No, No, and No!!! I pretend to be a kinder gardener most days!!! I'm going to grow up for Seawater's pizza party.