Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,977
Threads: 53,463
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,699)
Welcome to our newest member, SnowflakeMom
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
A Parent's Night Before...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 06:41 PM
40,431 Views  0 Posts
22 16x16 Great Debates: Christmas...
By MMC Editor
10-28-2011 08:41 AM
55,409 Views  0 Posts
Santa Doesn't Always...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:21 PM
49,005 Views  0 Posts
Why There Really Is a...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:23 PM
39,252 Views  0 Posts
How does Santa get...
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:49 PM
51,853 Views  0 Posts

Old 01-30-2013, 06:28 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 12,453 Times in 1,973 Posts
brent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa envious
Good morning everyone!

Midweek already. The 'Pines is decorated nicely. Carl never seems to run out of ideas. Glad to see he hasn't jumped the gun by putting out much Valentine's Day decorations yet!

It's really wet here. My feet are a little wet from all the slush and ice that have taken over Ottawa. At least I made it to work without slipping on jamming my knee. That would not have been a good feeling.

I attended my first NHL game of the year last night. My friend had four free tickets to the Senators vs. Washington Capitals game. I am not a fan of either team, but it was great to go back to the rink and watch a game. The most exciting part was probably that it was one of my good friend's first game. He's a great athlete but never really adapted to the North American sports scene - he was born and lived in Croatia until he was about 6. He seemed to have a good time.

Well, time to get back to work. The weekend will be in sight just after lunch as we will then begin our descent. Have a great Wednesday, everyone!

"The bells, the bows and the flashing lights, the mistletoes and the 'Silent Nights. It's all for show, but that's all right. That's not why I love this time of year..."
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to brent For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (01-30-2013), Christmasstar (01-30-2013), made582 (01-30-2013), mgramsey (01-30-2013), Seawaters (01-30-2013), snowflake22 (01-30-2013), xmas365 (01-30-2013)
Old 01-30-2013, 06:45 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,879 Times in 492 Posts
mgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happy
Good Wednesday morning everyone. More crazy weather today. After a couple of days with highs in upper 50's,we now have severe thunderstorm, high wind and tornado warnings today. The rain is forecast to end tonight as a dusting of snow.

This winter has been a big disappointment. Accuweather and the almanac predicted a colder than normal winter with above average snowfall for us in the mountains of NC. Boy were they wrong.

My dad turns 82 today. Can't believe how time flies.

Have a blessed day everyone.
Luke 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. <><
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mgramsey For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (01-30-2013), caninemom3 (01-30-2013), Christmasstar (01-30-2013), Meceka (02-02-2013), Seawaters (01-30-2013), snowflake22 (01-30-2013), whitney37354 (01-31-2013), xmas365 (01-30-2013)
Old 01-30-2013, 06:57 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,315 Times in 12,650 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by mgramsey View Post
Good Wednesday morning everyone. More crazy weather today. After a couple of days with highs in upper 50's,we now have severe thunderstorm, high wind and tornado warnings today. The rain is forecast to end tonight as a dusting of snow.

This winter has been a big disappointment. Accuweather and the almanac predicted a colder than normal winter with above average snowfall for us in the mountains of NC. Boy were they wrong.

winter is not over yet, it could still happen!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (01-30-2013), caninemom3 (01-30-2013), mgramsey (01-30-2013), Seawaters (01-30-2013), snowflake22 (01-30-2013), xmas365 (01-30-2013)
Old 01-30-2013, 07:03 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 83,299 Times in 14,055 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
All this talk about bacon makes me want to try this recipe:
Bacon Apple Cider Biscuits

Sounds delicious!
That does sound scrumptious!!
Old 01-30-2013, 07:12 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 36,400 Times in 5,613 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Didn't get to check in before bedtime last night, 'cause the power went out in our neighborhood for about an hour. Don't know exactly why. We phoned in the outage and there was a recorded message about "damage to high-voltage equipment." Could lose power again tonight---they're calling for high winds and possible thunderstorms. It's wet, cloudy, and mild right now.

Is anyone especially drowsy this morning? I've been up since 6:45, but if I found myself suddenly back in the bedroom I could fall asleep with no trouble. As it is, I'm at my desk at the office, so falling asleep is not an option!

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (01-30-2013), caninemom3 (01-30-2013), Christmasstar (01-30-2013), mgramsey (01-30-2013), Seawaters (01-30-2013), xmas365 (01-30-2013)
Old 01-30-2013, 07:15 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,945 Times in 2,725 Posts
Ryan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa envious
Originally Posted by mgramsey View Post

Hello. Just noticed you are in North Carolina. My best friend lives there, in Roxboro and is on staff at a church out there. Then, my wife and I just said goodbye to another couple we're good friends with, as he went to join the staff of another church out there. So, within the past two years I've lost too many good friends to your state! That's alright though. Sounds like a great area and sometime we'll make it out there to see everyone...I'm sure by that time even more of my friends will have left me for there .
Anyway, long story short, my friends have told me the weather there was crazy right now! Happy birthday to your dad.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (01-30-2013), caninemom3 (01-30-2013), Christmasstar (01-30-2013), mgramsey (01-30-2013), Seawaters (01-30-2013), xmas365 (01-30-2013)
Old 01-30-2013, 07:29 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,879 Times in 492 Posts
mgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happy
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Hello. Just noticed you are in North Carolina. My best friend lives there, in Roxboro and is on staff at a church out there. Then, my wife and I just said goodbye to another couple we're good friends with, as he went to join the staff of another church out there. So, within the past two years I've lost too many good friends to your state! That's alright though. Sounds like a great area and sometime we'll make it out there to see everyone...I'm sure by that time even more of my friends will have left me for there .
Anyway, long story short, my friends have told me the weather there was crazy right now! Happy birthday to your dad.
Yea the weather has been crazy. Roxboro is a about a 5 hour drive east of us. We are in the far western edge of NC. The closest landmark to us is Fontana Dam. We live about 10 miles away. I like it a lot, just wish we could have some more winter weather. Two years ago we had a great winter with lots of snow.
Luke 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. <><
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mgramsey For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (01-30-2013), caninemom3 (01-30-2013), Christmasstar (01-30-2013), Ryan (01-30-2013), Seawaters (01-30-2013), xmas365 (01-30-2013)
Old 01-30-2013, 07:36 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,766 Times in 9,087 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Crown! Is it Wednesday!?

It has been warm for the past few days and we even ran our air conditioner the other night, today it's cold! Brrrrrr.... No complaints, I love the cold air! I am still going to go ride my bike, it will wake me up!

I had planned to come on here and catch up but gotta run! I will try to catch up later! See you at The Pines!!!

As always, Thank you Crown for the Countdown Thread!!!

Have a Christmasy kind of day all!

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2013, 07:48 AM

Last Achievements

Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
Didn't get to check in before bedtime last night, 'cause the power went out in our neighborhood for about an hour. Don't know exactly why. We phoned in the outage and there was a recorded message about "damage to high-voltage equipment." Could lose power again tonight---they're calling for high winds and possible thunderstorms. It's wet, cloudy, and mild right now.

Is anyone especially drowsy this morning? I've been up since 6:45, but if I found myself suddenly back in the bedroom I could fall asleep with no trouble. As it is, I'm at my desk at the office, so falling asleep is not an option!
at least it is all on again, that is a good thing!
want us to make some noise and keep you awake?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (01-30-2013), Seawaters (01-30-2013), xmas365 (01-30-2013)
Old 01-30-2013, 07:52 AM

Last Achievements

all the snow is dissapearing!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (01-30-2013), Seawaters (01-30-2013), xmas365 (01-30-2013)