Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,977
Threads: 53,459
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,699)
Welcome to our newest member, SnowflakeMom
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Bells The Legends of Nature at...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:54 PM
80,883 Views  0 Posts
Bells Christmas Where Less is...
By MMC Editor
10-01-2013 06:24 AM
Last post by caninemomssister
11-12-2013 07:51 PM
9,663 Views  1 Posts
Charlie Brown's...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 08:58 PM
56,418 Views  0 Posts
The Tale of La Befana
By MMC Editor
06-03-2002 01:52 PM
60,918 Views  0 Posts
Gift 2 The History of My Merry...
By Jeff Westover
10-12-2002 09:20 PM
58,516 Views  0 Posts

Old 02-05-2013, 02:27 PM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,448 Times in 9,243 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Hello everyone. Things have been busy, so I haven't been able to read the posts and see what's going on with everyone. I am excited about the Christmas Movie Festival though! I just saw the announcement. I love Christmas, love movies, so it's a win/win! Hope you all are doing great and happy Tuesday.

Nice to see you Ryan !!! I am excited about the Christmas Movie Festival too !!!!

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
momnan30 (02-05-2013), Seawaters (02-05-2013), snowflake22 (02-05-2013), xmas365 (02-05-2013)
Old 02-05-2013, 02:41 PM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,448 Times in 9,243 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

Good afternoon Christmas family !!

I am getting ready to go in and get on the treadmill shortly (which is the only way I can be on it since I am only 5'1 LOL). I have found that I really am not as tired since I started exercising. Work was good today but there have been rumors on a forum on the web for medical transcriptionists that some not so good stuff is happening behind the scene (pay cuts, possible sell out). I wrote the owner who is a really nice lady and fellow animal lover and told her my concerns and she told me the truth, I really believe. It is all just heresay. She told me all is fine and not to worry. She said she is aware of the rumors and then told me they had to let a few folks go who were not fulfilling their contract as far as work produced. That explained everything !!! Disgruntled employees will say anything sometimes. So I am NOT going to worry !!

I hope all have a Christmassy evening !!!

Brent - Good luck but I am like Seawaters, I don't think you will need it !! I think you will do great.

((((HUGS)))) to all ESPECIALLY:

Ella, Harlowe, Snowball, Gomez, Ophelia, Sidney, Alex, Merlin, Snickers, Victor, Daisy, Diva, Mickey, Palmer, Mouse, Bo, Chico, Meca, Alvin, Charlie, Gary, Bailey, Jerrold, Irving, Martha, Uncle Julio, Missy, Scooby, Sasha, Jacob, Cracker, Bunny B, Penny, Pocket, LuLu, Bear-Bear, Stripey, Holly, Fate Puppy (London,) Buster, Missy, Baby, Santa's Polar Bears, Sangria, O'Malley, Beau, Taz, Zema, Rizzo, Bella, Happy, Sam, Guinness, Holly Noel, Larry SR, Mama, and all furkids everywhere xoxoo

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (02-06-2013), Christmas-A-Holic (02-06-2013), merrymistletoe (02-05-2013), momnan30 (02-05-2013), Seawaters (02-05-2013), snowflake22 (02-05-2013), xmas365 (02-05-2013)
Old 02-05-2013, 02:57 PM
*<[:{) Ho ho ho!!!

Last Achievements

Thanked 70,501 Times in 14,031 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by made582 View Post
Yep!!! Red Barons pan pizza.
That's my favorite frozen pizza.

Go Bruins!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xmas365 For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-05-2013), Seawaters (02-05-2013), snowflake22 (02-05-2013)
Old 02-05-2013, 03:29 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,427 Times in 12,642 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
It tastes like hazelnut chocoate!

Originally Posted by caninemom3 View Post
I've never tasted it....Is it really good ???
Old 02-05-2013, 03:58 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 12,459 Times in 1,595 Posts
merrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
you got it!

You Rock Star!!!

Originally Posted by mgramsey View Post
We finally got a good taste of winter this weekend. We got 6 inches of snow on Saturday. We have had a an inch or so of snow a few times earlier this winter but this was this first time we were able to make snow cream. Unfortunately it is melting now. We should be able to drive up to our house by this afternoon. I enjoy having to park at the bottom of the mountain and walking in. My wife doesn't feel the same as me.

Sadly we are forecast to have a week of above average temps. Hopefully next winter will be cold and snowy.

Now that the superbowl is over, all eyes are on baseball. High School baseball practice starts fully next week. Major League baseball spring training also starts next week with pitchers and catchers reporting. Our TV stays mostly on the MLB network channel. We are very much a baseball family.

Have a blessed day everyone.
wait a minute...how far up this mountain do you guys live?

Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
Aw, thank you! We're doing fine. I just haven't had much to say ... nothing interesting is happening, just business as usual. I have some interesting projects in the back of my mind, but I just don't have the energy and ambition to get started on them. It must be February!
girl, you sound just like me! sometimes i think i'm moving in reverse. lol

Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
Hey merrymistletoe!!

How are you guys?

We are doing good, thanks! Har is having fun in the snow We are settled in, and loving our place & the neighborhood. It's so nice to see your neighbors out & about, and have them wave just to be friendly. And Adrian & I are having fun getting to know the town better.

I bet you've been busy getting ready for Valentine's Day at the flower shop!
we are all well snowflake. the town you live in sounds so nice & you get snow!!!! girl we are wide open already @ work. we went up a little bit on our roses this year since the wholesalers have done the same to us. all the menfolk still come in & don't blink when i tell them the price. jeese, i work there and i think it's crazy to spend that much on flowers that are gonna die, a smaller flower arrangement w/ lots of red & pink would work for me...or the $ (cha-ching baby)!!!!!

Originally Posted by brent View Post
Good afternoon everyone!

Day two of the first full week of February and we're only a week away from reaching the one quarter mark to the Christmas Season. Quite the accomplishment already!

Not much is new here. My week became more busy yesterday. I received a call for an interview for a Program Officer position with the Ottawa Carleton Ultimate Association. I'm excited. I really need to perform well at this interview. Aside from education, I think getting into the sports field would be my best interest. I am really starting to pursue it hard. Of course, having played competitive Ultimate since 2006, a job with OCUA would be incredible. Wish me luck!!

Other than the interview tomorrow evening, I have a couple of assignments to complete for my class as well as the usual working out and other things. I hope everyone has been having a great week so far. The 'Pines should be in full swing tomorrow! Have a great Tuesday!
good luck Brent! what exactly is Ultimate?

Originally Posted by made582 View Post
It's national pancake day and world nutella day, so guess what I'm making for dinner!!!!
oohhh oohhhh, i know, pancakes smothered in oowey gooey warm Nutella! i absolutely love that stuff!

Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
Say it ain't so, MGRamsey!!! The Braves and the Dodgers??? Of course when I say Yankees, I get booed on here. No one knows a good team, LOL! But I have been a Yankees fan ever since I was first in grade school. I remember watching them at least from the time I was in second grade, way back in 1954!!!
you made me laugh out loud Seawaters. I too am a Yankees fan. last year i was afraid to mention it on here because of all the negativity about my Yankees. not now though, i have a partner in crime, lol

I've never tasted it....Is it really good ???
if you like chocolate-you will love it! i consider myself a true chocolate connoissuer & i love it!

Good afternoon Christmas family !!

I am getting ready to go in and get on the treadmill shortly (which is the only way I can be on it since I am only 5'1 LOL). I have found that I really am not as tired since I started exercising. Work was good today but there have been rumors on a forum on the web for medical transcriptionists that some not so good stuff is happening behind the scene (pay cuts, possible sell out). I wrote the owner who is a really nice lady and fellow animal lover and told her my concerns and she told me the truth, I really believe. It is all just heresay. She told me all is fine and not to worry. She said she is aware of the rumors and then told me they had to let a few folks go who were not fulfilling their contract as far as work produced. That explained everything !!! Disgruntled employees will say anything sometimes. So I am NOT going to worry !!

I hope all have a Christmassy evening !!!

Brent - Good luck but I am like Seawaters, I don't think you will need it !! I think you will do great.

((((HUGS)))) to all ESPECIALLY:

Ella, Harlowe, Snowball, Gomez, Ophelia, Sidney, Alex, Merlin, Snickers, Victor, Daisy, Diva, Mickey, Palmer, Mouse, Bo, Chico, Meca, Alvin, Charlie, Gary, Bailey, Jerrold, Irving, Martha, Uncle Julio, Missy, Scooby, Sasha, Jacob, Cracker, Bunny B, Penny, Pocket, LuLu, Bear-Bear, Stripey, Holly, Fate Puppy (London,) Buster, Missy, Baby, Santa's Polar Bears, Sangria, O'Malley, Beau, Taz, Zema, Rizzo, Bella, Happy, Sam, Guinness, Holly Noel, Larry SR, Mama, and all furkids everywhere
i am happy for you that the owner put to rest all those nasty rumors you were worried about.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:14 PM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,106 Times in 936 Posts
jennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the tree
Hey everyone! I just made dinner for my family and now I am going to go unwind and watch TV. I ran errands all day long which was not fun. I think I might be coming down with something and I sure hope it isn't the stomach flu, let alone the normal flu. I usually eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner and I've had no appetite today, plus I'm really tired. I felt drained since I woke up. I barely ate anything so I'm trying my best to keep drinking water. Guess I'll know soon enough if it's a fluke or not! The only thing I heard about the flu that is going around is that it hits you suddenly and this isn't really the case for me.

Will catch up with everyone tomorrow, have a good night!
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to jennifer91 For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (02-06-2013), Bradmac (02-06-2013), caninemom3 (02-05-2013), Christmas-A-Holic (02-06-2013), merrymistletoe (02-05-2013), mgramsey (02-06-2013), momnan30 (02-05-2013), Seawaters (02-05-2013), snowflake22 (02-05-2013), xmas365 (02-05-2013)
Old 02-05-2013, 04:18 PM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 83,227 Times in 14,038 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by jennifer91 View Post
Hey everyone! I just made dinner for my family and now I am going to go unwind and watch TV. I ran errands all day long which was not fun. I think I might be coming down with something and I sure hope it isn't the stomach flu, let alone the normal flu. I usually eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner and I've had no appetite today, plus I'm really tired. I felt drained since I woke up. I barely ate anything so I'm trying my best to keep drinking water. Guess I'll know soon enough if it's a fluke or not! The only thing I heard about the flu that is going around is that it hits you suddenly and this isn't really the case for me.

Get lots of rest & feel better soon, Jennifer!! ((Hugs) xo
Old 02-05-2013, 04:24 PM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 83,227 Times in 14,038 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by merrymistletoe View Post
You Rock Star!!!

wait a minute...how far up this mountain do you guys live?

girl, you sound just like me! sometimes i think i'm moving in reverse. lol

we are all well snowflake. the town you live in sounds so nice & you get snow!!!! girl we are wide open already @ work. we went up a little bit on our roses this year since the wholesalers have done the same to us. all the menfolk still come in & don't blink when i tell them the price. jeese, i work there and i think it's crazy to spend that much on flowers that are gonna die, a smaller flower arrangement w/ lots of red & pink would work for me...or the $ (cha-ching baby)!!!!!

good luck Brent! what exactly is Ultimate?

oohhh oohhhh, i know, pancakes smothered in oowey gooey warm Nutella! i absolutely love that stuff!

you made me laugh out loud Seawaters. I too am a Yankees fan. last year i was afraid to mention it on here because of all the negativity about my Yankees. not now though, i have a partner in crime, lol

if you like chocolate-you will love it! i consider myself a true chocolate connoissuer & i love it!

i am happy for you that the owner put to rest all those nasty rumors you were worried about.
I agree, merrymistletoe!! I would rather have a spring, long-lasting bouquet. My faves are alstroemeria, daisies, mini carnations, freesia, daffodils, sunflowers, and iris.

What about you, what are your favorites?
Old 02-05-2013, 04:53 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,718 Times in 887 Posts
momnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companion

I hope it's nothing major for you...I had that same bug, it lasted 48 hours.
Stay hydrated with sprite or vitamin water.
Thinking of you!

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time.”
Laura Ingalls Wilder
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to momnan30 For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-05-2013), merrymistletoe (02-05-2013), Seawaters (02-05-2013), snowflake22 (02-05-2013), xmas365 (02-05-2013)
Old 02-05-2013, 05:47 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,427 Times in 12,642 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Water is an excellent idea. Take care of yourself. What did you make for dinner?