Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,432
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,657)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
A Gift from a Two Year...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:35 PM
45,249 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Defined
By MMC Editor
05-01-2002 10:19 PM
Last post by JeanetteDi
09-20-2011 08:20 AM
59,106 Views  1 Posts
Dear Santa: I Want, I...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:38 PM
39,280 Views  0 Posts
Mostly Homemade (and...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2011 03:22 PM
60,840 Views  0 Posts
A Miraculous Movie
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:02 PM
53,876 Views  0 Posts

Old 02-06-2013, 06:45 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,879 Times in 492 Posts
mgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happy
wait a minute...how far up this mountain do you guys live?

Usually we only have to walk up the last 1/4 of a mile. It is a steep climb and when the road is covered in ice/snow, we have to walk in the woods. I enjoy it the wife doesn't. A lot of the snow is now gone so we were able to drive up last night.

Another too warm a day forecast for us. It was 27 when I left for work with a forecast high of 49.

Have a blessed Pines day everyone.
Luke 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. <><
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mgramsey For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (02-06-2013), caninemom3 (02-06-2013), Christmas-A-Holic (02-06-2013), Christmasstar (02-06-2013), merrymistletoe (02-06-2013), Seawaters (02-06-2013), snowflake22 (02-06-2013), xmas365 (02-06-2013), xmastidings (02-06-2013)
Old 02-06-2013, 07:16 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 36,269 Times in 5,590 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Made it to Wednesday! This week hasn't been so bad at the office, but it sounds like next week is going to be a tough one. A major campaign and some rough deadlines coming up, plus they may be moving some of our desks.

Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
This weekend will probably when that happens since it looks like we have a major snowstorm coming one model saying we will be getting 1-3 inches and the European model saying we will be getting 12+ inches, of course the European has been the more accurate of the two, so I am glad I have the weekend off.
I'm keeping a worried eye on that ... I'll be concerned about getting home safely on Friday. Depending on how the timing develops, I'd be driving in the teeth of it. I don't mind going slow and being careful, but the other drivers out there ... I'd rather not be among them when the roads are slippery. Well, it's two days away yet. We'll see what develops.

It's the 35th anniversary of the Blizzard of 1978 today. I was still in school in Maryland at the time. It was good for a few days off, as I recall. And the snow was above my knees. We got an ice glaze on top of it that made walking very difficult---had to stomp on the ice to break it, then sink into knee-high snow. Mr. tells me that driving was prohibited in Massachusetts for days during the cleanup.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (02-06-2013), caninemom3 (02-06-2013), Christmas-A-Holic (02-06-2013), mgramsey (02-06-2013), Seawaters (02-06-2013), snowflake22 (02-06-2013), xmas365 (02-06-2013)
Old 02-06-2013, 07:16 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,150 Times in 12,623 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good Morning!

A lovely morning, slow lazy snowflakes wafting down giving a magical feel to the day.

Got to do a bit of errands this morning and then work on deocrations for another cake this weekend.

Be back later, until then celebrate that you are awake, have a computer to talk to us all and counting down to Christmas, oh yeah!!!

and....

its party at the pines day!!!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (02-06-2013), caninemom3 (02-06-2013), Christmas-A-Holic (02-06-2013), mgramsey (02-06-2013), Seawaters (02-06-2013), snowflake22 (02-06-2013), xmas365 (02-06-2013)
Old 02-06-2013, 07:17 AM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 27,609 Times in 4,412 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by merrymistletoe View Post
for those who don't wander around the site, check out "inspiration" posted by billybattles! it is 1 awesome little video!

y'all have a good evening!
Here's a link to his thread.

http://www.mymerrychristmas.com/foru...ad.php?t=50015
caninemom3 (02-06-2013), Christmas-A-Holic (02-06-2013), Christmasstar (02-06-2013), merrymistletoe (02-06-2013), mgramsey (02-06-2013), Seawaters (02-06-2013), snowflake22 (02-06-2013), xmas365 (02-06-2013)
Old 02-06-2013, 07:24 AM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 27,609 Times in 4,412 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good Wednesday morning, my Christmas friends!

Another crazy day here at work, trying to get the quick renovation done, all while trying to keep up with my actual job. One thing's for sure; there are too many chiefs and too few indians like me.

I hope y'all have a great day!
caninemom3 (02-06-2013), Christmas-A-Holic (02-06-2013), Christmasstar (02-06-2013), merrymistletoe (02-06-2013), mgramsey (02-06-2013), Seawaters (02-06-2013), snowflake22 (02-06-2013), xmas365 (02-06-2013), xmastidings (02-06-2013)
Old 02-06-2013, 07:34 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 82,158 Times in 13,834 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by merrymistletoe View Post
yes ranunculus are very pretty. i tried to use them in a wedding once, not sure if it was due to the growers quality or just not large blooms but they didn't do very well. i agree w/ you that they are very pretty. love is in the air...blaaah! lol

had you told me that before? i don't remember. cool!

girly i don't know how in the world you can cook like that when your sick but WOW it looks scrumptious!

oh yes, queen anne's lace is a very pretty flower, so dainty.

your so funny!

stay safe xmas! you had said your sons daycare is in the next town. will it be a long drive for y'all. i wish him well in his new daycare.
I thought I did, but who knows!

It was from when I was @ 18-23 Years old. I learned so much, and made some really good friends. My friend Joanna was the owner, and our friend Marci managed it. Years later, when Jo's health got bad, she had to sell the shop. Marci branched out on her own w/ an old friend & opened their own flower shop. In fact, they did Adrian's & my flowers for our wedding. Every time I go to La Crosse, I stop in to visit... And buy way too much stuff!!
Old 02-06-2013, 07:37 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,369 Times in 9,026 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by caninemom3 View Post

I am getting ready to go in and get on the treadmill shortly (which is the only way I can be on it since I am only 5'1 LOL). I have found that I really am not as tired since I started exercising. Work was good today but there have been rumors on a forum on the web for medical transcriptionists that some not so good stuff is happening behind the scene (pay cuts, possible sell out). I wrote the owner who is a really nice lady and fellow animal lover and told her my concerns and she told me the truth, I really believe. It is all just heresay. She told me all is fine and not to worry. She said she is aware of the rumors and then told me they had to let a few folks go who were not fulfilling their contract as far as work produced. That explained everything !!! Disgruntled employees will say anything sometimes. So I am NOT going to worry !!
I am so happy that your work out routine is working for you and giving you energy! Also happy about your job situation!
Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
Received a nice phone call from Social Security. The "agent" helped me so much. (Not sure what her title is.) She had already taken care of things for me. Anyway, I am signed up for SS Part B, retroactive to Feb. 1. She will accept a written statement from me saying what my monthly income from CalSTRS will be, but will need a copy of the actual letter when I receive it. That eased my mind so much. Now all I have to do is send $$$ to my insurance carrier to get the supplement and Part D (drugs) and I will be good to go!

I really appreciate all the posts of encouragement and concern from all of y'all. It really helps to be a part of such a great family!
I am so glad that you got that all sorted out!!! I know it was frustrating but was confidant it would work out fine!

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-06-2013), Christmasstar (02-06-2013), Seawaters (02-06-2013), snowflake22 (02-06-2013), xmas365 (02-06-2013)
Old 02-06-2013, 07:43 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
Good evening,

I was busy for most of the day, got nearly done taking my Christmas stuff down, I hung my shelf in my room to display my collectible Santa's, my wife loved it. I just have one more room to take lights down and it will finally be all down. This weekend will probably when that happens since it looks like we have a major snowstorm coming one model saying we will be getting 1-3 inches and the European model saying we will be getting 12+ inches, of course the European has been the more accurate of the two, so I am glad I have the weekend off.

Have a good night everyone.
That is nice to have those Santas displayed year round!

I still have that string of Christmas lights in the door way leading to the den and the mistletoe hanging up. I am ready to bring it all down now. I might do that today but I still have a few small decorations scattered throughout the house like I always do every year!

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

caninemom3 (02-06-2013), Christmasstar (02-06-2013), Seawaters (02-06-2013), snowflake22 (02-06-2013), xmas365 (02-06-2013)
Old 02-06-2013, 07:49 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Crown 84 View Post

I have also heard through the grapevine (or is it the holly garland?) that Carl will indeed have a special guest for this evening's festivities. There is an unsubstantiated rumor that it could be Carl's "cousin", Joe Camel.
As we all know, he's been out of work for some time now and might could use a little publicity.
Regardless, it should be an interesting evening.
I am looking forward to that! Not sure if you heard the news today but they had a camel running loose through the streets in California and was eventually captured. I have a feeling that might have been Joe Camel trying to make it to the Pines! Hopefully he can escape again!!!

Camel running loose news story

Old 02-06-2013, 07:50 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Jennifer, get well!

Snowflake, I am glad all is working out with your new home and neighborhood! I would love to be there to see some snow!!!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (02-06-2013), caninemom3 (02-06-2013), Christmasstar (02-06-2013), Seawaters (02-06-2013), snowflake22 (02-06-2013), xmas365 (02-06-2013)